回覆文章
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

聽力練習與討論

文章 Michael-liu »

Dear Yo Yo members

Julian, Luis and I had a discussion about improving our listening comprehension the other day, so I came up with the idea of getting some short video clips from youtube for us to practice listening.

After you watch the video, feel free to discuss here for any words or phrases you are not clear in the video (by listening). The more discussion, the better.

Michael

Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 972
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 聽力練習與討論

文章 Luis Ko »

hey Michael, first of all, i want to say you are so efficient! i like your idea and am really interested in it. i have to say to have someone prepare those clips for me to improve my listening ability is really great because i'm too lazy to do it myself haa.. especially, if you can always provide the clips which are short and relevant to daily life haaa :mrgreen:

secondly, i'm wondering.. how do we discuss it? the way you say is a bit too vague, not easy (for me) to get started. my suggestion is we can do exactly the same as ISG dose to write the scripts down here. the thing is you've got to have the correct answer. and once we write it down, there might(or might not) be questions, actually it's fine in either way since we are practicing listening, to discuss. anyway, the most important thing for me is if you can provide the correct scripts later haaa.. it's better you post those clips which have scripts lo 8)

ok, since my listening ability is not that good so i might have to take some time to figure it out so, will get back here later lo :oops:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Dear Michael and Luis,

You're very welcomed to join YOYO-ISG listening sections anytime on the forum. :ssmile:

It's not an obligation so you can come and go as you please.
Bill Yu
YOYO member
文章: 129
註冊時間: 週六 10月 06, 2007 9:02 pm
來自: Earth

文章 Bill Yu »

wow, Friends is my favorite TV program.
It's so funny.
I laugh every time when I watch Friends.
Bill Yu
YOYO member
文章: 129
註冊時間: 週六 10月 06, 2007 9:02 pm
來自: Earth

文章 Bill Yu »

I found a website a few year ago.
It offers every episode scripts.

It's Friends Cafe
http://www.friendscafe.org/

Friends Café ~ Scripts - Season 5 Episode 15 - TOW The Girl Who Hits Joey
http://www.friendscafe.org/scripts/s5/515.php

[Scene: The hallway, Ross is running up the stairs. Note: This show continues where the last one left off.]

Ross: Chandler!!! Chandler!!! (He opens the door to the apartment but is stopped by the chain; Chandler and Monica quickly stop making out and try to get dressed.) Chandler, I saw what you were doing through the window! Chandler, I saw what you were doing to my sister! Now get out here!

Chandler: (To Monica) Wow! Listen, we had a good run. What was it? Four? Five months? I mean, that's more than most people have in a lifetime! So, good-bye, take care, bye-bye then! (He kisses her and starts to climb out the balcony window.)

Monica: What are you doing?!

Chandler: Oh, I'm going on the lamb.

Monica: Come on Chandler, come on, I can handle Ross. (They go to the door. Ross is trying to stick his hand through and undo the chain; Monica pushes his hand back.) (To Ross) Hold on! (She opens the door.) Hey Ross. What's up bro?

(Ross spots Chandler and starts chasing him around the kitchen table. Chandler runs and hides behind Monica.)

Ross: What the hell are doing?!!

Rachel: (running from the guy's apartment with Joey in tow) Hey, what's-what's going on?!

Chandler: Well, I think, I think Ross knows about me and Monica.

Joey: (panicking) Dude! He's right there!

Ross: (To Chandler) I thought you were my best friend, this is my sister! My best friend and my sister! I-I cannot believe this!

Chandler: Look, we're not just messing around! I love her. Okay, I'm in love with her.

Monica: I'm so sorry that you had to find out this way. I'm sorry, but it's true, I love him too.

(There's a brief pause.)

Ross: (happily) My best friend and my sister! I cannot believe this. (He hugs them both.) (To Joey and Rachel) You guys probably wanna get some hugs in too, huh? Big news!

Rachel: Awww, no, it's okay, we've actually known for a while.

(There's another pause as Ross gets angry again.)

Ross: What? What? What?! You guys knew? (Joey and Rachel backup against the door.) You all knew and you didn't tell me?!!

Rachel: Well, Ross, we were worried about you. We didn't know how you were going to react.

(Pause.)

Ross: (happily again) You were worried about me? You didn't know how I was going to react? (He hugs them both.)

Joey: Okay, all right, whew! What do you say we all clear out of here and let these two lovebirds get back down to business? (Ross turns and glares at him.) Hey-hey-hey, I-I-I'm just talking here, he-he's the one doing your sister.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

In the first video, that guy says that he steps on pooh whenever he gets out of the shower! That's a good one. I bet the cow part must be good, too. But I didn't get it.

It sure is a good clip. Need to check that again soon. :o
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 972
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

dear Kooper, glad you said that but as i said i'm a bit too lazy haa.. actually i did listen to ISG's post once or twice and i thought the contents are too compact, a lot i mean, though it's only 5 minutes. i'm really impatient to listen to all of them, not to mention to write them down so.. :oops:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
回覆文章