頭像
Lydia
文章: 639
註冊時間: 週二 1月 06, 2004 12:28 am
來自: 台北市

新年度英語講座-個人理財之七二定律

文章 Lydia »

Dear YOYOs,

In year 2007, I hope to arrange some English seminars for YOYO to have face-to-face opportunities with professionals and experts in their field. Through the direct contact and Q&A with speakers, we may practice English and learn different knowledge from these professionals at the same time.

It's a great pleasure to be able to invite Mr. Harry Tsai, Marketing Director of World Financial Group, to be our guest speaker of the first English seminar sharing his experience in financial planning and personal finance.

Time: May-12, 2007 (Sat.) 2:15 PM
Venue: 加州陽光 2F, 台北市大安路一段84巷4號
Tel: 02-27512955

Agenda:

2:30 ~ 2:45 Background Introduction
2:45 ~ 3:05 Why managing your personal finance is critical
3:05 ~ 3:30 How do you manage your personal finance (Financial
Concepts)
3:30 ~ 3:50 Taking control of your life
3:50 ~ 4:20 Discussion
4:20 ~ 4:30 Q & A

Brief introduction of our guest speaker:

圖檔

Name: Harry Tsai
Education: University of Waterloo – Bachelor of Math & Economics ; Master of Economics

Harry Tsai is a very successful Marketing Director with World Financial Group (WFG) in Canada. WFG is one of the leading companies in the financial industry in North America. Harry was born in Taiwan and then moved to Toronto, Canada in 1989. He struggled in his life, searching for something that will bring him to his dreams. After September 11, 2001, he experienced the darkest period of his life. However, it was also the turning point of his life. He made his move and started his own business at age 27 with no money but debt. At age 32, he became the Managing Director of WSB Taiwan which affiliates with WFG Taiwan. His knowledge in financial planning and business has help a lot of families to have a chance to achieve financial independence and build their own business. It is our pleasure and honor to have him to share his story and investment knowledge. You cannot afford to miss it!

Lydia
最後由 Lydia 於 週五 2月 01, 2008 9:16 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 4 次。
頭像
brooky
YOYO member
文章: 50
註冊時間: 週六 11月 05, 2005 9:38 pm

文章 brooky »

push..push.. :D

Thanks Lydia for organizing this seminar, although I suppose to be a good child and go back home on that Mother's Day weekend.. :(
頭像
Flora
YOYO member
文章: 109
註冊時間: 週一 8月 16, 2004 12:29 pm
來自: Taiwan

文章 Flora »

Wow~ It looks really great!
The topic can benefit our life very much.
I wonder if someone could record his speech.
Of course, that should be allowed by the lecturer.

Look forward to it~ :P :P

BTW, thank you for Lydia's arrangement.
愛一個人不一定要擁有
但擁有一個人就好好去愛她/他吧!
頭像
Christine
YOYO member
文章: 198
註冊時間: 週三 8月 31, 2005 7:34 pm

文章 Christine »

Thanks for Lydia to bring us a great choice for weekend's afternoon.

I can't wait to the lecture. :ssmile:
頭像
Lydia

文章 Lydia »

It is indeed a valuable opportunity to invite such a financial expert to give a speech in our seminar. And it's highly recommended to join this seminar before you go home for Mother's Day. :D

Besides, it's very kind of our guest speaker to agree that tape-recording is allowed. If anyone is interested in his speech, please bring your recording devices that day.

Welcome to participate and see you guys there !! :P

Lydia
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

With all due respect, what you are about to see is the stupidest comedy skit known on this side of the universe. Behold the money momentum!
http://thetravisty.com/Kids_In_The_Hall ... mentum.htm
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

This is a light hearted and humorous song about yo-yos and money.
Money for nothing = 不勞而獲的錢 or earning money without too much
effort.
Yo-yo - 看不起別人的時候用的稱呼, just mildly derogatory.
The song narrates from the point of view of an appliance store clerk.
While watching the MTV (TV channel), He realized that he is in a wrong profession.

圖檔
"I shoulda learned to play the guitar."

Now look at them yo-yos thats the way you do it
You play the guitar on the mtv
That aint workin thats the way you do it
Money for nothin and chicks for free
Now that aint workin thats the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them guys aint dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these refrigerators
We gotta move these colour tvs

See the little faggot with the earring and the makeup
Yeah buddy thats his own hair
That little faggot got his own jet airplane
That little faggot he's a millionaire

We gotta install microwave ovesns
Custom kitchens deliveries
We gotta move these colour tvs

I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play them drums
Look at that mama, she got it stickin in the camera
Man we could have some fun
And hes up there, whats that? hawaiian noises?
Bangin on the bongoes like a chimpanzee
Get your money for nothin get your chicks for free

We gotta install microwave ovens
Custom kitchen deliveries
We gotta move these colour tvs, lord

Now that aint workin thats the way you do it
You play the guitar on the mtv
Money for nothin and your chicks for free
Money for nothin and chicks for free
Kate
YOYO member
文章: 389
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:41 am

文章 Kate »

The seminar was fabulous.

Harry has delivered some important concepts of designing personal financial plans with a good sense of humor. It was very clear and easy to undertand. Thank you, Harry.

Furthermore, thank Lydia and Julia for arranging this. I really had a great time and gained a lot. Hope we can invite more speakers to share their professional knowledge and experiences in the future. :D
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

Maxed Out - 美式卡奴現象 A documentary film
maxed out = 刷爆
圖檔

http://www.maxedoutmovie.com/clips/index.html

easy street - n. Informal. A condition of financial security or independence.

nest egg - an idiom referring to accumulated wealth, generally liquid investments, earmarked for some future purpose. The term is used most commonly to refer to retirement savings.

livelihood - means of support; subsistence. (飯碗)

make ends meet - To be able to keep a budget or meet expenses.

nickel-and-dimed to death - adj.
1. Involving or paying only a small amount of money: a nickel-and-dime job.
2. Minor; small-time: "a nickel-and-dime operation run out of a single borrowed room" New York.
v. nick·el-and-dimed or nick·eled-and-dimed, nick·el-and-dim·ing or nick·el·ing-and-dim·ing, nick·el-and-dimes or nick·els-and-dimes
v.intr.
To spend very little money.
v.tr.
1. To drain or destroy bit by bit, especially financially: nickel-and-dimed the project to death.
2. To accumulate in small amounts: "nickel-and-diming a substantial bankroll together" Newsweek.

get rich quick scheme -

debt collection -

hard times -

easy credit -

predatory lender -

frugality - Practicing or marked by economy, as in the expenditure of money or the use of material resources.

make a living -

barely getting by -

living from paycheck to paycheck - 月光族

in the red - if your bank account is overdrawn, it is in the red.

positive cash flow -

The aphorism "a rising tide lifts all boats" is associated with the idea that improvements in the general economy will benefit all participants in that economy, and that economic policy, particularly government economic policy, should therefore focus on the general macroeconomic environment first and foremost.

"Trickle-down economics" and "trickle-down theory," in political rhetoric, are characterizations by opponents of the policy of lowering taxes on high incomes and business activity. Proponents of these policies claim that they will promote new investment and economic growth, thereby indirectly benefiting people who do not directly pay the taxes.

In North American slang, a big ticket item is an end luxury item. Although usually referring to an item of significant physical size (e.g. a computer, sports car or big screen television), the term can be applied to almost any expensive item. The term is derived from the idea that the price is high ("big") and that larger products have physically larger price tags ("big ticket"). Some items are constant big ticket items, such as jewelry and state-of-the-art televisions, while others may fall out of the category after an initial rush at introduction.
頭像
Julia
YOYO member
文章: 56
註冊時間: 週六 10月 14, 2006 2:45 pm

A thank you letter from Harry...

文章 Julia »

Dear Yo-yo's,

I would like to thank all of you, especially Lydia again for the wonderful opportunity to meet and share my experience with all of you yesterday.
I had so much fun yesterday and I hope all of you felt the same way.
I am impressed with everyone's ambition to improve your English and other aspects in life.
I would love to come back more often to get to know everyone more.
Please feel free to contact me any time.
Let's work together to improve our lives and touch others!

My contact information is as follow:
Cell: 0919209293 / 0989705544
MSN: cchtsai@hotmail.com
Email: harrytsai@wfg-aegon.com

Stay hungry, stay foolish !

Harry Tsai
頭像
Lydia

文章 Lydia »

Really appreciate for the fabulous and practical speech brought by Harry Tsai. :yes: :baby: :sssmile:

From his speech, we have learned a lot simple but powerful financial concept which may benefit us for the whole life.

The atmosphere was so high with excellent interaction between Harry and all the audience.
By asking several basic who, where, how and why questions, Harry has led us to really think about the fundamental meaning of finance.
The best part of the seminar is we may enhance English and financial concept at the same time.
By this chance, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Harry again for sharing so much his personal experience and financial knowledge with us.

It’s also nice to see many senior members to show up, especially during the weekend of Mother’s Day. :love:
We had total of 40 participants which packed the room to its full capacity. (The boss of the restaurant was very happy with this. 8) )

Attendants of the seminar are:

Harry (Speaker),
Andy, Anoop(new comer), Arthur, Bill Lin, Bill Yu, Brian Huang, Chris, Christine, Daniel Ka, David Jr., David Liao, David Xiao, Fanny, Flora Ho, Gladys, Grace Yang, Jason, Jenny Lu, Julia, Julian, Kate, Maggie Wang, Lance(new comer), Leon, Linda Liao, Lucy, Lydia, Rachelle, Ray(new comer), Richard Liu, Salina, Stephen Chiu, Sunny, Terry, Una, Way, Wayne Chiang, Winson, Yiling(new comer)

Special thanks to Julia who video-recorded the whole speech, you may contact me if you’re interested to it.

Followings are some photo pictures for your sharing. :yes:

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

圖檔

Lydia
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

Lydia 寫:Special thanks to Julia who video-recorded the whole speech, you may contact me if you’re interested to it.
I am interested in the speech. Is there a CD on the speech available for viewing?
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
頭像
Lydia

文章 Lydia »

I am interested in the speech. Is there a CD on the speech available for viewing?
If there is anyone else that is interested in this VCD, please post your name here before May 23 (next Wed.)!
I will get the VCD for you !

Harry is so generous that he agrees to offer YOYOs free copies. :D
Thanks to Harry on behalf of YOYO !

Lydia
頭像
brooky
YOYO member
文章: 50
註冊時間: 週六 11月 05, 2005 9:38 pm

文章 brooky »

Lydia 寫:
If there is anyone else that is interested in this VCD, please post your name here before May 23 (next Wed.)!
I will get the VCD for you !

Harry is so generous that he agrees to offer YOYOs free copies. :D
Thanks to Harry on behalf of YOYO !

Lydia
It is really wonderful..thanks to Harry and Lydia.
I'd like to reserve one copy of the VCD.
By the way..I'm the host of 5/23. Can I get it on the 5/23 gathering?
martin
YOYO member
文章: 45
註冊時間: 週一 3月 01, 2004 6:19 am

文章 martin »

敬愛的莉蒂雅小姐
很可惜MISS掉了這次聚會
希望我也能擁有一份 COPY
FLYING WITHOUT WINGS
回覆文章