頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

Should I keep on posting like a felon?

文章 technobabel »

English learning is mostly a private matter. Everybody learns at their own chosen speed. It is fun for me to post here, but I am afraid that I am doing more harm than good. Am I being too disruptive by providing unwanted informations so erratically?
The last thing I want to do is to overstate my contribution. So, far no Yoyo member I know had improved their English skill dramatically due to the unorthodox behavior of mine.
keep in mind that the English that they use in the real world differs from Yoyo's English. But, one can surely argue that Yoyo's English exists for a reason.
On the other side of the token, I always feel guilty for being a part of Yoyo. More precisely, I can't escape the feeling that I have cheated by spending so many years in USA. This advantage is unfair and I can't really use it as some kinda major accomplishment. It is just a matter of consequence. On that train of thought, I have no excuse for not knowing what I suppose to know.
The truth is that my English operates on untold level of uncertainty, even after all these years. Never felt like I am a native speaker. In fact the concept of trying to be a native speaker never crossed my mind.

Anyway, for those whom actually spend their precious time reading what I wrote, I must say that I do appreciate the attentions. I am glad that our paths have crossed. Perhaps that we will be even closer next life around.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
Yubor
YOYO member
文章: 188
註冊時間: 週日 8月 24, 2003 5:13 pm

文章 Yubor »

Hey.. Man.. Please keep posting what you thought on the web lah.. Through your post, it's a very good way to learn American English. (I mean it and I'm not flattering) :D
頭像
austin
文章: 555
註冊時間: 週六 8月 16, 2003 11:34 am
來自: 積雨雲
聯繫:

文章 austin »

Well...u know...Wayne
Even you just lost a priceless chance to be my neighbor,
But I am still your crazy fan..(not the kind in the movie-Fan, Though :twisted: )..

So, please matain you enthusiam of posting lo...I really appreicate your wisdom behind the jokes!

:D
There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

Who would have thought that a little encouragement goes a long way? However, the invisible forces that discourages deviant behaviors will eventually prevail. That is the "beauty" of a functional stable society.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
回覆文章