過往悠遊英語電子報舊報請點閱:

http://www.maillist.com.tw/maillist/mai ... english123
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Rock,
你看起來不...............................................................到40呢! :twisted:
頭像
Lydia
文章: 639
註冊時間: 週二 1月 06, 2004 12:28 am
來自: 台北市

文章 Lydia »

Kooper 寫:Rock,
你看起來不...............................................................到40呢!
呵呵 ~~
同感 !

Lydia
PS. 羨慕你說的專業級咖啡香辦公室 :wink:
頭像
Gavin
Vice President
文章: 238
註冊時間: 週六 12月 03, 2005 11:14 am
來自: 淡水

文章 Gavin »

Rock愛搞笑有活力,真是比實際年齡年輕十歲多呀!

Welcome Welcome :D
Kate
YOYO member
文章: 389
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:41 am

文章 Kate »

Rock, 你好像差不多25左右吧....

年齡由心境決定 :ssmile:
頭像
sunny
YOYO member
文章: 261
註冊時間: 週三 8月 20, 2003 5:03 am
來自: Taipei City
聯繫:

文章 sunny »

Kate 寫:Rock, 你好像差不多25左右吧....

年齡由心境決定 :ssmile:
-----

Totally agree..
且看起來像是教幼稚園的說 ^ ^
(叔叔不要怪我沒禮貌 哈哈)
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

Nobody respect anybody from the age group of 40s like the way they used to. The age of 40 is a "milestone", and the words etched on the milestone probably says, "It's all downhill from here" If you are not happy with your first 40 years, maybe you shouldn't bet on the latter 40.

Supplementary reading material:

Sixty may be the new 40, but Bill Clinton hates it
By Belinda Goldsmith, Reuters | August 20, 2006

NEW YORK -- Bill Clinton, who turned 60 yesterday, said that he hates being so old and that it's no consolation that 60 is being touted as the new 40.

An archetypal baby boomer who lived through the swinging '60s and the disco era, Clinton plays the saxophone and acknowledges that he smoked marijuana, although he did not inhale.

But although a recent survey indicated that almost 80 percent of Americans born in 1946 were satisfied with their lot, Clinton said being 60 was no dream.

``I hate it, it's true," the 42d president told the International AIDS Conference in Canada this week. ``For most of my working life, I was the youngest person doing whatever I was doing, then one day I woke up and I was the oldest person in the room.

``Now that I have more days behind me than ahead of me, I try to wake up with a discipline of gratitude every day."

Clinton was spending the day quietly with his family yesterday. He is to be saluted by the Rolling Stones at a private concert and fund-raiser in New York on Oct. 29.

He was born at the start of the baby boomer generation, which began as birth rates started climbing along with economic prosperity after World War II and ended in 1964.

There are about 78 million baby boomers in the United States out of a population of about 298 million. The US Census Bureau estimated that about 8,000 Americans a day will turn 60 this year.

Others to join the 60 club this year include President Bush, who celebrated his birthday in July, singers Cher and Dolly Parton, property tycoon Donald Trump, and actress Diane Keaton.

AARP, an association for Americans older than 50, conducted a telephone survey of 800 Americans turning 60 this year and found 77 percent were satisfied with their lives.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

喔ㄝ謝謝大家啦

To Cooper:
你看起來也不.............................不到18歲?

To Lydia:
喜歡喝咖啡嗎? 叔叔請妳喝吧! 跟妳老公報備先啊!

To Gavin:
多謝, 多謝 Hope to see you more on Wednesday's gethering. Welcome, welcome, too. :wink:

To Kate;
Hi, thank you so much. Since I look like 25 something... Can I have a date with you? 8)

To Sunny:
您說的沒錯, 其實國中生跟幼稚園差不了多少
一語道破,,你真是超專業的

To Technobabel:
Wow! It's amazing to know so many things from your post. I should take a second look of my life..., and to keep my life from going downhills anymore, maybe I should commit suicide and get a reincarnation?
Kate
YOYO member
文章: 389
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:41 am

文章 Kate »

25歲的Rock,
年輕人真不懂事,有些事私下問就好了....:D
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

To Kate,
對不起,我真是太不懂事了... :wink: 下次一定改進

To Lydia,
社長大人,請給我Kate的e-mail address. I want to ask her something personally... 8) 8) 8)
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

Rock 寫:To Kate,
對不起,我真是太不懂事了... :wink: 下次一定改進

To Lydia,
社長大人,請給我Kate的e-mail address. I want to ask her something personally... 8) 8) 8)
Getting a rejection from Kate is probably not a bad way to set yourself up emotionally for a suicide. Hmm... May be we should all try that sometime!
頭像
Linda-Liao
YOYO member
文章: 138
註冊時間: 週四 4月 19, 2007 3:24 pm
來自: Taichung

文章 Linda-Liao »

to "technobabel", your respond is so interesting*N,
Maybe all will be nothing to say for themselves!
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member

文章 technobabel »

Something I learned recently...

British philosopher Francis Bacon wrote some 400 years ago that "men of age object too much, consult too long, adventure too little, repent too soon."
回覆文章