Superstitions & Mysteries (5/5~ Wednesday)

回覆文章
Terry
文章: 35
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 9:38 am

Superstitions & Mysteries (5/5~ Wednesday)

文章 Terry »

Hi, everybody, :D

It would be interesting talking about something we can't explain but it does exist.
So, the topic we are going to discuss on May 5th (Wednesday) will be Superstitions & Mysteries.

Please have a look at two marvelous websites as follows:

http://www.pinoystuff.com/folklore/supe ... itions.htm

http://www.bermuda-triangle.org/html/frank_flynn.html

Questions for first hour: (Superstitions)
1. What kind of superstitions have you heard before?
2. Do you know anybody who is extremely superstitious or definitely not superstitious? Does it cause any problems?

Questions for second hour: (Mysteries)
1. What kind of mysterious things have you experienced or heard before?
2. Are fortune-tellers mysterious to you? How many ways could they tell your fortune?

Have a nice day and see you on May 5th (Wednesday)! :wink:

Best wishes,
Terry
follow your heart and go for it!
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

That’s sorry I couldn’t join the gathering for this time :? .
Do we still have the class on this Wed. ~ 4/28?
If yes, please indicate where the article is :roll: ?
Thank you :lol: .
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Jessie
YOYO member
文章: 33
註冊時間: 週六 8月 16, 2003 11:25 am
來自: Taoyuan

I can't find this article...

文章 Jessie »

Dear Terry: 妳列出的第二個網址偶連不進去耶!! 可以重新作連結 or

just post it here?? Thanks a lot 8)
Jekyll & Hyde....my favorite music
Terry
文章: 35
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 9:38 am

To Jessie

文章 Terry »

Hi, Jessie,

Sure, the content of the second website is as follows:

This was my first trip into the Bermuda Triangle. At the time of the incident the weather was absolutely perfect; the sea conditions flat calm; visibility and ceiling just about unlimited—it was just a joy to be out that particular morning.

At about 1:30 in the morning, we observed on the radarscope a solid line approximately 28 miles away. We were a little concerned about it at first; it had a strong resemblance to a land mass. However, a quick check of our navigation equipment indicated that we were right on course approximately 165 miles off shore.

We tracked it and found it was dead in the water. So we carefully approached it and approximately one and a half hours later we got down to about a half of a mile from the radar target, and we carefully moved closer to it.

We came down to about 100 yards from it. At that point we energized the search light and found that we were getting reflections off the mass and that the carbon arc just didn’t seem to penetrate it at all. We moved even closer to it again, with the search light beamed on it, and started a gentle left turn so that we would not encounter this unknown object head on. We moved closer and we sort of nudged it with the starboard wing. We did this two or three times without incident, so we got back to normal cruising speed and started our entry into the unknown mass.

After penetrating it, we found that visibility was just about zero. Shortly after entry, the engine room called up and indicated that they were losing steam pressure; and what was a situation of little concern became one of considerable concern at this point.

We were down to about 4 knots when we decided to come about and get out of there. When we started our turn, that’s when we broke out of the mass.

Now, as to what we might have encountered that night, I really have no way of speculating.

Over the years after this happened I talked to many oceanographers, and none of these people could shed any light whatsoever on what it might have been.
the Bermuda Triangle in the cutter Yamacraw.
Frank Flynn served honorably with the US Coast Guard until
he retired and went into real estate. Below is his own account
of what happened back on August 8, 1956, when he was sailing
The above statement was first given by Frank Flynn to Alan Landsburg in 1977. To this day, nobody has been able to explain what Flynn and his fellow Guardsmen encountered. No known vapor mass has ever been recorded on radar, nor has any contained anything that could cause a sudden power drain. However, it was during experiments on electromagnetism that the closest type of phenomenon was accidentally created. To explore this, check out the Hutchison Effect.
A Mysterious Mass
follow your heart and go for it!
Jessie
YOYO member
文章: 33
註冊時間: 週六 8月 16, 2003 11:25 am
來自: Taoyuan

文章 Jessie »

Hi, Terry:
Thanks for ur help...I did read these articles, but I am afraid
that I can't show up tonight...Wish u have a great night..
Jekyll & Hyde....my favorite music
頭像
julin
YOYO member
文章: 15
註冊時間: 週一 4月 19, 2004 4:12 pm
來自: UK
聯繫:

文章 julin »

Many Thanks for Terry's hospitality
You are a nice host.
I and Zoe were very happy to join the discussion.
And we would like to join the club.
回覆文章