回覆文章
頭像
chiron
YOYO member
文章: 520
註冊時間: 週三 10月 03, 2007 4:23 pm

2/7(Sat.) Sacred Time (Host: Chiron)

文章 chiron »

Dear yoyoers: Sorry for posting the article so late. This week we are going to dicuss about sacred time. Don't be scared by such a "divine word"; actually, its concept is quite simple. As follows:

TIME, it is the most precious commodity available to man, yet, many of us forget that time lost is gone forever. "I don't have time" is a very common excuse. Allow yourself sacred time - a moment of no pressure, no rules, no obligations. A time to yourself, to discover something rare and beautiful. Listen to your Inner self, this takes time, but eventually, you will feel connected to your higher self and be more aware.

Take a moment to reflect on your life, on what makes you happy. What inspires you? Give yoursel a pat on the back for all your achievements. Do not forget to give thanks to your God/ess for all the blessings in your life. Make time, allow
yourself this luxury of a time to yourself.

You hear these words a lot: Take a deep breathe. Why not add to this, take the time to enjoy the process of deep breathing, a few seconds, a minute or longer. Fill your lungs with fresh air, enjoy a burst of energy and as you exhale, let go of the negative feeling that is draining you.

Sacred time is flexible. A walk down the street, in the woods, down the country road, a brief moment in a quiet corner of the garden, or as you take your first sip of coffee in the morning. These are simple activities that add up to precious time with yourself. As you allow yourself this sacred time, you will gradually feel calmness, peace and happiness.These are very welcome quests, I assure you.

Hopefully, this will help you from feeling edgy sometimes over trifles. Yes, trivial things, events get magnified in a mind that has not experienced a sacred time. Do not feel that you are being selfish when you allow yourself precious few minutes each day.

Think of it as a time to rejuvenate sagging energy and a time to calm down, a time to relieve stress and time to get centered and focused.

You will end up offering those around you a more relaxed and calmer person, even insightful, ready to look at things from a different perspective, a more positive one.

Sacred time is within us, it is with us wherever we go. Sacred time is a chance to sanctify, to bring out the core of the inner self.

The article is excerpted from http://goldencupcafe.tripod.com/html/sa ... ce....html
[Session 1]
1. Sacred time is flexible. Do you have the period in your daily life? No matter it's a period of doing nothing, separating yourself from others, or induldging yourself in any form of creative works. What will you do during this time?
2. Do you gain a lot from it? Or you never apply this period in your life.
3. Where do you use your sacred time mostly, no matter it's in your office, your room or in the public place.

[Session 2]
1. The concept, sacred time, implies that sometimes we need to be alone from others. Do you prefer to get alone or get together with others? Can you stand (or enjoy) being alone? Or you just perfer the interaction among people.
2. When you are alone, what will you do? Or what will you think? (This matters in making a lot out of sacred time.)

Agenda
Session I:
2:15 ~ 2:30 Greeting / Ordering Beverage or Meal
2:30 ~ 2:40 Opening Remarks / New comers' Self-introduction / Grouping
2:40 ~ 3:20 First Group Discussion
3:20 ~ 3:35 First Summarization
3:35 ~ 3:40 Regrouping /Break
Session II:
3:40 ~ 3:45 Introduction
3:45 ~ 4:25 Second Group Discussion
4:25 ~ 4:40 2nd Summarization
4:40 ~ 4:50 Concluding Remarks / Announcements

聚會日期時間:聚會日期列於該貼文主題內 聚會2:15 pm 到 ~ 約 4:50 pm 左右結束。
聚會地點:合歡咖啡Acacia Cafe
地址: 台北市忠孝東路4段216巷33弄15號
電話: 02-8771-6230
捷運站: 板南線 忠孝敦化站
走法: 忠孝敦化站3號出口 -> 直走到ATT百貨 -> 右轉216巷 -> 直走到"東區粉圓"(對面為全家便利商店) -> 左轉33弄 ->直走約100公尺左手邊
低消: 90 元

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹。
2. 請事先閱讀討論主題相關內容以及host所提的問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前(繳交可退還之保證金NT$1,000),可以先來觀摩三次。
最後由 chiron 於 週六 2月 07, 2009 11:59 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Please call me Na'vi!
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

Re: 2/7(Sat.) Sacred Time (Host: Chiron)

文章 toshi »

I think I enjoy both being alone and gathering with friends.

I rather enjoy the time during I am driving alone.
Enjoy the time in the bed, reading or thinking.
Enjoy walking alone in the mountain, walking in nature.
Enjoy drinking tea with nice music.
All the above, I can concentrate my mind, thinking something seriously or just being relaxed.

When gathering with friends, I am always inspired by my friends. Even just some words, I enjoy being triggered by those words.

But I don't like too noisy or too crowded place. It usually makes me tired.
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
Jacky566
YOYO member
文章: 136
註冊時間: 週二 5月 27, 2008 4:44 pm
聯繫:

文章 Jacky566 »

chiron 寫: .......
[Session 1]
1. Sacred time is flexible. Do you have the period in your daily life? .... separating yourself from others, or indulging yourself in any ..........
[Session 2]
1. The concept, sacred time, .....Or you just prefer the interaction among people.
There are some typos. :D
頭像
chiron
YOYO member

文章 chiron »

Jacky566 寫:
[Session 1]
1. Sacred time is flexible. Do you have the period in your daily life? .... separating yourself from others, or indulging yourself in any ..........
[Session 2]
1. The concept, sacred time, .....Or you just prefer the interaction among people.
What's the problem? I didn't see anything wrong.
Please call me Na'vi!
sunsuni0831
文章: 192
註冊時間: 週二 6月 05, 2007 10:39 pm

文章 sunsuni0831 »

Thanks Chiron for the host, actually this is a good and introspective topic. Sometimes, I also like to gather with my friends and share each other’s life. There was a movie called “About a boy” by Hugh Grant. He said “No man is an island”, it may mean no one can really live alone. There is sometime, our life interact with others. The sacred time makes you slow down and introspect yourself.
But sometimes I really like to enjoy the moment by myself. Such as waking up on Saturday morning, then turn on CD player with my favorite music. And take a cup of milk and slice fruits, enjoying breakfast with music and Saturday morning. This was my sacred time, time is slow and you can feel you are being with yourself calmly. It was good, I almost forgot this feeling.

Sunny Jr. :sun:
sunsuni0831

文章 sunsuni0831 »

chiron 寫:
Jacky566 寫:
[Session 1]
[Session 2]
What's the problem? I didn't see anything wrong.
Dear Chiron.. the original article you post some words without blank such as [Session 1]
1. Sacred time is flexible. Do you have theperiod in your daily life?

And Jacky point out these sentences..^^

Sunny Jr.
頭像
Just JJ
YOYO member
文章: 220
註冊時間: 週二 4月 29, 2008 7:34 pm

文章 Just JJ »

“Vanilla sky” is one of my favorit movies, it’s a remake of a Spanish movie, “Open your eyes”. This movie name is also an important line in “Vanilla sky.”
Opening my eyes on those things I normally won’t be aware of apart from those things I always look at is still my current lesson that I try to experience.

Fantastic topic Chiron!!
頭像
chiron
YOYO member

文章 chiron »

sunsuni0831 寫:Thanks Chiron for the host, actually this is a good and introspective topic. Sometimes, I also like to gather with my friends and share each other’s life. There was a movie called “About a boy” by Hugh Grant. He said “No man is an island”, it may mean no one can really live alone. There is sometime, our life interact with others. The sacred time makes you slow down and introspect yourself.
Sunny Jr. :sun:
Hello, Sunny: Thanks for your feedback. To compensate what you write, actually, "no man is an island" comes from a poem of John Donne. It's like this:

No man is an island,
entire of itself;
every man is a piece of the continent,
a part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less,
as well as if a promontory were,
as well as if a manor of thy friend’s or of thine own were:
any man’s death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind,
and, therefore,
never send to know for whom the bells tolls;
it tolls for thee.

<喪鐘為誰而鳴>
沒有人是一座孤島,
可以自全。
每個人都是大陸的一片,
整體的一部分。
如果海水沖掉一塊,
歐洲就減小,
如同一個海岬失掉一角,
如同你的朋友或者你自己的領地失掉一塊:
任何人的死亡都是我的損失,
因為我是人類的一員,
不要問喪鐘為誰而鳴,
它就為你而鳴。」

In addition, today, we have Toshi, Sunny, Jacky, Double, Darren, Sharon, Kooper, Timathy, Meggy, Isabelle, David II, Arthur, Remous, Winson, Wen, Stephen, Amy, Tara, Michael, Jennifer, Ting, William and me. With 23 people, we almost make a record. Thanks for your coming anyway!!
Please call me Na'vi!
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1486
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

Whoa, Chiron, this is literally your topic! I think you must have had a lot to say.

It reminds me of a practice of "meditation", which was a part of my yoga class. Though it's interesting, I was never any good at it. However, after I hurt my back and had to stop my yoga class, it's the part I miss the most.
頭像
Jacky566
YOYO member
文章: 136
註冊時間: 週二 5月 27, 2008 4:44 pm
聯繫:

文章 Jacky566 »

「生きることは、旅をすることだって言う人がいる。
 旅って何だろうな。
 例えば、目隠しをして、ヘッドフォンしてする旅行って、
 旅行って言えるか?

旅してるとさ、時々、立ち止まりたくなるんだ。
 立ち止まって、自分は今どこへ向かおうとしているのか、
 ここにはどんな景色が広がっているのかとか、
 周りの人は、どんな人と一緒にいるんだろうとか、
 見てみたくなるんだ。
 山道なのか、海沿いの道なのか、
 隣の人は、笑っているのか泣いているのかとか。
 時々、立ち止まって周りを見ないと、
 思い出のない旅行になってしまうから。
 思い出のない人生じゃ、なんで生きてるのか、
 わかんなくなるんじゃないのかな。」

「有人將生存(人生)這件事比喻成旅行
 旅行是什麼呢。
 比如 蒙上眼睛帶上耳機的旅行
 能被稱作旅行嗎?

所謂旅行啊
 是要不時地停下腳步
 停下腳步
 看看自己現在要去向何處
 看看這裡展現的是怎樣的景色
 看看周圍的人是和什麼樣的人在一起
 是要想看看這些
 是山路 還是沿海的小路
 身邊的人是在笑著 還是在哭著
 如果沒有不時地停下來看看的話
 那就變成了沒有回憶的旅行
 如果是沒有回憶的人生
 就會無法明白 為什麼要活」
This is a part of "太陽與海的教室" which is a japan soap opera.

The sacred is just like the secret time for yourself.
You may use it to take a rest and do nothing else.
But if you use it to think about who you are and what you are donig now ,
it might be helpful to verify that am i on the way to the future i wanted.
sunsuni0831

文章 sunsuni0831 »

To Chiron: For your reply above: I know this poem and I also like the metaphor of the poem.

To Jacky: I couldn't agree with you anymore about"所謂旅行啊 是要不時地停下腳步"
Not only travel but also while we are working..
It is always good to step backward of what are you doing to keep clear and conscious mind!

This is a good topic and thanks the meditation practice held by Chiron for the last 10 minutes of the meeting. I'was so imprssive by the practice!! Hope everyone has and enjoy your sacred time!

Attedance Figures: 23

- Host: Chiron

- Participants: Wlliam, Michael, Ting, Toshi, Jacky, Sharon, Tara, Stephen, Kooper, Isabelle, Maggie, Winson, Remous, David Jr., Tim, Arthur, Darren, Sunny Jr., Double, Amy

- New Comers: Jeniffer, Wen
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

About meditation, I read a book before...it's 禪觀正脈研究 by 南懷瑾.
It's so-called 白骨觀 or 不淨觀.
是釋迦牟尼所說之"專一繫念之法"

Warning!
If you are eating or just after eating, please don't ever open the following links or read the following!
Or you will be scared or feel disgustful.

Introduction :
http://www.sanmin.com.tw/page-product.a ... =000220570

The article (翻譯成白話文部分) :
http://big5.jiexieyin.org/show.aspx?pag ... 289&cid=14

節錄 :

實修禪觀的證驗公案

時間:世尊住世時期。

所在地點:王捨城、迦蘭陀竹園。

與會聖眾:舍利弗、大目犍連、摩訶迦葉、摩訶迦旃延與五百聲聞羅漢,及千二百五十常隨眾等。

主請修法者:王捨城中一位比丘,摩訶迦絺罹難陀。

性格:生來聰明多智,博通印度傳統文化的宗教哲學、婆羅門教理。諸如四毗陀論、違世羈經、道術方書、天文與陰陽術數等學,並及一切世間技藝,無所不能。

但出家以來,經歷多年,於佛法味,獨不得嘗。

正當世尊入深密禪定,默然不語時,迦絺罹難陀前來請示修法。見佛人定,便轉到智慧第一的舍利弗面前,請求說法。舍利弗於是為他解釋苦、集、滅、道——四諦法門的義理,反覆分析四諦的精闢道理。他聽了七遍,始終不悟,總是無法生起正信。

跟著又轉而請教五百聖眾的得道羅漢。他們又同樣的為迦絺罹難陀反覆解說四聖諦法門七遍。仍然不悟。

恰好世尊出定。因此,他又回轉身來,請求世尊開示法要。世尊又為他重演四諦法門,反覆深入地講了七遍,結果還是無動於衷。

此時在旁邊隨緣聽講的五百天子,如法聽習,因而得入初果須陀洹的道果,讚歎備至,以天華供養,作為報謝。惹得迦絺罹難陀心懷慚愧,默默無言,全身投地,再度拜倒佛前以求懺悔,痛哭悲涕不已。引得旁邊站立的阿難尊者,深為感傷,挺身而出,叉手禮佛,進而問道:迦絺羅比丘,聰明多智,又多才多藝,何以如此至誠求佛修法,反而不得要領,不能證得法要?

世尊聽了阿難所問,莞爾微笑,口出五色樣光,繞佛七匝,再從頂門還入。然後說出迦絺罹難陀的三生公案:

往昔久遠劫來,當燃燈佛(也正是為釋迎文佛印證授記的古佛。事跡見於金剛般若波羅蜜經中世尊自說因緣。)——出世的時代,有一比丘,名阿純難陀,聰明多智。正因為他自持聰明多智,既驕傲,又我慢——見多識廣,多思多慮,懷疑不定。因此,自以為是,放逸不羈,不肯腳踏實地,專一勤修——觀身不淨、觀受是苦、觀心無常、觀法無我的四念處法。

因為聰明多智、驕慢、放逸的重大結習,累積成為果報,身壞命終,反而墮於黑暗無明地獄。經過長劫,從黑暗地獄出,轉生於極其傲慢狂妄的龍、象之類,達一千生之久。但他在此旁生中,五百生中,常作龍王,五百生中,常作象王——凡具驕暴之氣的各類王者,大多有此難消結習。千生之難滿,因宿習曾根種性的恢復,便捨此畜生道身,又轉生為人,出家持戒。因此功德,復得生為天人。享盡天福命終,再來人間。

他因秉受有多劫以前的聰明多智,以及讀誦鑽研三藏經文的種性,所以今生值佛教化,樂於研究。但因多生放逸不羈的結習,心多散亂,不能誠信,不肯腳踏實地,勤修四念處法,所以今生仍然不能覺悟。

迦絺罹難陀跟著阿難尊者,聽佛說到這裡,立刻就從地上起立,長跪佛前,請求世尊教導他如何專心繫念一緣的方法。

世尊便對阿難與迦絺罹難陀說:

諦聽!諦聽!善思念之。難得你今天來問我,如何才能滅除心中亂想的心賊。這是過去、現在、未來三世諸佛對治煩惱的法藥,同時也是關閉一切諸放逸門的甘露正法。現在我將普為人天開講八正道——正見、正思惟、正語、正業、正命、正精進、正念、正定。但願你好好諦觀心法,不要再散亂、放逸。

正當世尊說到此處,當時在場的五十位大比丘,同時請托阿難尊者轉求世尊,准許隨學如何能不放逸的修法。

世尊便說:我現在不但為迦絺罹難陀以及與會等大眾,說此法要,同時也為將來那些懈怠放逸的修行人,說此專一系念法門。並且轉對迦絺罹難陀說:你這次聽受我法,慎莫忘失。從現在開始,應老老實實專修出世的沙門法。

第一步 -- 初修專一系念法

所謂專修出世的沙門法,應當獨居靜處,鋪好尼師壇(即坐具),整齊衣服,或披服袈裟,端身正坐,左手放在右手上,兩大拇指舒適相拄。閉目,舌抵上顎,攝心凝神,使自安住,不至散亂。

【此處所用手印,亦可同禪定三昧正印,右手放在左手上,兩大拇指舒適相拄——七支跏跌坐法。此法隨處可見,不另詳說。】

【安坐澄心以後,應當觀察默念:「崇高必至墮落,積聚必有消散,緣會終須別離,有命鹹歸於死。」世間無常,必歸死寂的死觀。】

一.然後意念返視,系念在左腳大拇指上,諦觀左腳的大拇指前半節,如死後初起潰爛,生了膿胞那樣地去想像。

二.專念諦觀左腳大拇指的膿胞潰爛,化成膿水,露出了非常白淨的骨頭,放著白色的光芒。

三.返觀意想中,既見白骨、白光以後,再依次使整個大拇指的肉,分裂開來,見到大拇指節的全節白骨,綻放白光。

世尊說到這裡,便對迦絺罹難陀說:如此觀想,便是專一系念的法門,你去好自修為。

迦絺罹難陀聽佛如此說法,非常歡喜,便去依教奉行。

他依佛所教,不敢妄作聰明,再自散亂。先從左腳大拇指作白骨白光的觀想。觀想成就之後,再觀第二個腳指,也成就了白骨白光想像。再現第三腳指,到了第三腳指的白骨白光觀想成就之後,心量逐漸擴大,就可同時觀起五個腳指的白骨白光,一時俱現。左腳觀成,再觀右腳,也是同樣如此,然後就把心念定止在這五節白骨上,使得心念不再亂跑。如果雜思亂想又起伏波動的話,就再攝心凝神,再歸到當初觀想大拇指前半節的境相,一步一步重新觀想。

只要大拇指前半節的觀想成就了,全身自然柔軟溫暖,從心胸部位以下,會有暖熱的感覺,到了此時,有此象徵,就可達到系心住的境界了。

【這也就是通說小止觀得初住止境。】
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
回覆文章