10/31(Sat.) Does school kill creativity? (Host:Stephen Chiu)

頭像
Iverson
YOYO member
文章: 164
註冊時間: 週四 1月 15, 2009 11:25 am

Re: 10/31(Sat.) Does school kill creativity? (Host:Stephen Chiu)

文章 Iverson »

"""When I was a undergraduate student, I studied in Chung-Li. And one of my brothers studied in Hsin-Chu.
To my parents, it seems they lost two kids in a sudden. 'cos my brother and I, we didn't go home often."""

Dear Toshi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I really appreciate it.
I have the same experience regarding what your parents went through:
6 months fter I joined the army, my mother had "empty nest syndrome" (because my elder brother, Alfred, was studying in America while I was in the army.)
Once I went back home, I found out that my mom had a serious mental problem. (my father secretly told me that my mom is very sick and "everyone has to pass away anyway, just get prepared.")
After I went back to military, I was so afraid to hear any news from my family.
Luckily, my father helped my mom overcome the problem and so far my mom is very healthy. (Thanks for my brother and sister's contribution that their kids really fulfill my mom's retirement life.)

Well, perhaps just like the book I recently read, 一個人的老後, that everyone needs to learn to be alone once in our lives.

Sincerely yours,
Iverson
頭像
Iverson
YOYO member
文章: 164
註冊時間: 週四 1月 15, 2009 11:25 am

文章 Iverson »

Rock 寫:
Actually, your father gave you a good opinion. You see, there's this PE teacher in my school, Tsai Ichen, who used to be a national record holder in 100m (10.44") and 200m dash (21.17"). He also represented Taiwan to win the fourth place in Asian Games of 1989. But all he won in the end was just a teaching job in a junior high. Besides, he doesn't enjoy sports and he doesn't do exercises anymore because he worked too hard before. Who knows, maybe your father has saved both your career and precious habits in some way.

Rock
Dear Rock,

Thanks for your opinion, I think you've mentioned something interesting that "If it's meant to be, it's meant to be, regarding people's art or athelete interests."
As to my championship award in primary school, we never know what career I would pursue if I joined junior high school athlete team. (in my school life, not only education I got, but also some 800m and 1500m races in uni's athlete games that I participated and enjoyed.) [Once after I joined job market, I got NT800 award for 2nd place in company's 800m athlete game race.]

Perhaps, just like everyones knows that how important exercise is to human bodies, exercise is part of my life, luckily.
Come to ride a bike with me or play basketball with me someday.

Sincerely yours,
Iverson
頭像
technobabel
YOYO member
文章: 1188
註冊時間: 週六 5月 14, 2005 8:42 pm
來自: Eastern Seaboard

文章 technobabel »

The establishment by definition will try to preserve the status quo.
It is not easy to be progressive and play-it-safe at the same time.
Most of the "oppressed" seemed to take it in stride, some may find ways to justify, forgive or even appreciate the oppression, but some will not be so generous.
I am not abandoning Yoyo, I am just dancing slowly away from it.
debrawillson
文章: 1
註冊時間: 週六 10月 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: 10/31(Sat.) Does school kill creativity? (Host:Stephen C

文章 debrawillson »

I think, a school can kill creativity fo sure, http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/can-school-destroy-your-creativity has an essay devoted to this theme, read it now!
回覆文章