12/19(Sat.)Facebook jealousy sparks relationship woes(Jacky)

回覆文章
頭像
Jacky566
YOYO member
文章: 136
註冊時間: 週二 5月 27, 2008 4:44 pm
聯繫:

12/19(Sat.)Facebook jealousy sparks relationship woes(Jacky)

文章 Jacky566 »

Daer YOYOs ,

Hello, I’m Jacky. I'm very glad to be the host of this Saturday.There are more and more people, especially in Taiwan, using Facebook. Facebook has become a very popular thing, a kind of fashion. Someone may introduce himself by "Bla, bla, bla…Oh! You can also Facebook me". Friends chat on Facebook, play games on Facebook, send gifts to each other via Facebook. Maybe some day they will work on Facebook. Today we are going to talk about how Facebook influences our life.

Facebook jealousy sparks relationship woes
http://www.canada.com/Facebook+jealousy ... story.html
By Amy Minsky and Carolynne Burkholder, Canwest News ServiceAugust 7, 2009

Be careful when you surf Facebook, or your relationship status may go from ``married'' to ``it's complicated,'' researchers warn.

The more time you spend on the social networking site, the more likely you are to feel jealous, according to a study from the University of Guelph.

Amy Muise, lead author of the study, said the jealousy is caused by overexposing partners to triggers.

``You check your partner's (Facebook) page and you see a post from someone you don't know that says, `It was great seeing you last night,''' Muise said. ``Even though it could be something very innocent, it can easily be interpreted another way.''

The problem can become a vicious cycle, Muise said, when the jealousy spurned by ``Facebook creeping'' leads the ``creeper'' to search for more information that will, inevitably, fuel the jealousy even more.

The idea for this study was spawned by stories Muise heard from friends and students.

``They were all talking about the issues Facebook had created in their romantic relationships,'' she said.

The complaining students led Muise to wonder if she was teaching a classroom full of jealous people or whether there was actually something about Facebook that created jealousy.

The study, published in the CyberPsychology and Behaviour journal, examined 308 undergraduate students. About 75 per cent of the subjects were female and all of the respondents were ``Facebook friends'' with their current partner or a previous partner.

In real life, certain encounters can also trigger jealousy, Muise said.

Imagine you're with your partner and a good-looking stranger approaches, she said.

``You don't know your partner's history with this person or the nature of their relationship,'' Muise said.

In this situation, the partner is there to explain the relationship, she said.

But on Facebook, ``there's less context,'' Muise said. ``Sometimes there's none.''

Feelings of insecurity, which would otherwise be easily quashed when the relationship is explained in person, become more frequent and more intense online, Muise said.

One respondent summed up the problem: ``I was already a bit jealous and insecure, but I think Facebook has definitely made me much, much, much worse.''

Georgina Hobbs-Meyer, 24, is one of the victims of divorce sparked by Facebook jealousy.

According to an article in The Guardian, Hobbs-Meyer stumbled across her husband's Facebook correspondences with another woman.

``And once I was in, I was hooked. Their lusty e-mails touched on bad beat poetry, but were infused with textspeak, their coy cyberflirts rife with emoticons,'' Hobbs told the British newspaper.

Meanwhile, Britain's Daily Mail published a story in February about what the newspaper called the ``world's first divorce by Facebook.''

Emma Brady, 35, said she was ``shell-shocked'' when she heard from friends that her husband had posted their breakup on Facebook.

Brady told the newspaper she had no idea her husband wanted a divorce.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Reference
Facebook Exodus http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/magaz ... .html?_r=2

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Questions for discussion
Session one:
Q1. Do you use Facebook? How much time do you spend on it each day? Do you believe Facebook improves or worsens the keeping of relationship? Why or why not?
Q2.For what reason you started (or stopped) surfing Facebook? What are your favorite applications in Facebook? If you don't use Facebook, do you want to use it after the meeting?
Q3. If the boss of Facebook invites you to redesign it, what do you want to do about it? (Maybe change the interface, add some special functions...) Please show us your design.

Session two:
Q1. Yahoo, Google, Facebook, 無名小站,they are all running a good business on the Internet. People say there are lots of chances of success on the Internet. If you want to start an enterprise, will you choose to start on the Internet, or not? And what will be your business?
Q2. Have you ever met new friends from the Internet? Please share your or your friends' experience. Do you like this way to meet new friends? Why or why not?
Q3.The government of Beijing, China announced a command that everyone need to use the real ID (name) when registering or posting articles on the Internet. Do you believe it can reduce the crime rate on the Internet? Why or why not? Do you have any other idea to reduce the crime rate on the Internet?

Agenda:
Session I:
2:15 ~ 2:30 Greeting / Ordering Beverage or Meal
2:30 ~ 2:40 Opening Remarks / New comers' Self-introduction / Grouping
2:40 ~ 3:20 First Group Discussion
3:20 ~ 3:35 First Summarization
3:35 ~ 3:40 Regrouping /Break
Session II:
3:40 ~ 3:45 Introduction
3:45 ~ 4:25 Second Group Discussion
4:25 ~ 4:40 2nd Summarization
4:40 ~ 4:50 Concluding Remarks / Announcements
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 2:15 pm 到 ~ 約 5:00 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 50 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交可退還之保證金NT$1,000。
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

Re: 12/19(Sat.)Facebook jealousy sparks relationship woes(Jacky)

文章 toshi »

Attendance Figures: 14

- Host: Jacky

- Participants: Angel Lin, Antonio Chen, Christine Wang, Eddie, Emily Liang, Iverson, Julian, Laura, Patrick Lin, Sunny Jr., Timothy, Toshi

- New Comer: Debby Chao

Meeting Venues: (To see more photos, please access to our YOYO Photo Album)
圖檔
圖檔
圖檔
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
Jacky566
YOYO member
文章: 136
註冊時間: 週二 5月 27, 2008 4:44 pm
聯繫:

文章 Jacky566 »

The new about facebook i told yesterday is herehttp://n.yam.com/bcc/computer/200911/20 ... 46646.html
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

Words and Expressions 1219 2009

1. Textspeak: 火星文
2. bad beat poetry : 不符平仄的詩
3. OCD: 强迫症(Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
4. 畢業紀念冊: yearbook
5. 團購: group purchase
6. 上有政策,下有對策: The highr authorities have policies but the localities have counter-measures.
7. 假.....之名,行.....之實: do someting (行.....之實) in the name of (假.....之名)
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
頭像
Angel Lin
YOYO member
文章: 188
註冊時間: 週四 11月 11, 2004 10:18 pm
來自: 宇宙/第三度空間

文章 Angel Lin »

I think it is very convenient for friends to contact one another, share thoughts, photos, exchange views,
and even play games together… etc. on Facebook.
Maybe any channels could be the possible ways to those who would be unfaithful to their spouses…

http://news.msn.com.tw/news1533697.aspx
英兩成離婚官司是在Facebook偷情所致

英國有一個專辦離婚官司的律師事務所,統計他們所接的案件,發現有將近兩成的離婚官司,是和社交網站「Facebook」有關,而最普遍的情況是已婚人士在網路大搞婚外情;此外,和網路有關的離婚案件,也持續增加。
香港太陽報報導說,法律界人士指出,過去五年,和網路有關的離婚官司,明顯增加,這顯示網路傳播使得定力不足的已婚人士,蠢蠢欲動。
本則新聞由中廣新聞網提供 2009/12/23
I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life. Madeleine Albright
我學到要努力並非是因為有任何成功的保證, 而是因為努力的行為本身是保持人生信念的唯一途徑。 麥德琳‧歐布萊特
回覆文章