3/20(Sat) 3/22(Mon) Top 10 Most Desired Employees (Maggie)

maggiewang
YOYO member
文章: 149
註冊時間: 週五 1月 23, 2004 2:59 am

3/20(Sat) 3/22(Mon) Top 10 Most Desired Employees (Maggie)

文章 maggiewang »

Hello dear yoyos,

This is Maggie and I hope you are all well. :D :D

This time let’s talk about the job. Do you want to know what the TOP 10 most desired employees are? Before look into the article, how about a guess? ^.^

Global Most Wanted: Top 10 Most Desired Employees

BusinessWeek recently reported on the world’s top 10 open jobs. Employers around the world reported that the following positions could not be filled with enough talented employees. It’s not just a lack of educated engineers and finance professionals – the following jobs include white and blue collar positions. The staffing company Manpower recently released this list after consulting with companies around the world. Unfortunately, shortages of workers were reported even in areas with impoverished and unemployed people. This indicates a missing connection between employers and their potential workforce. Read on for this list of the “most wanted.”

• Sales Representatives – Throughout the world, especially in Japan and the United States, talented and knowledgeable salespeople are in high demand. Employers want and need sales reps who know their products inside and out and are able to successfully communicate that information to the consumer. Manpower’s Jeff Joerres says that companies want sales representatives who understand the global picture, including innovations and logistics.

• Plumbers, Electricians and other Manual Trades – Skilled blue-collar professionals are in high demand everywhere. Plumbers, carpenters, welders and electricians are being trained by staffing companies such as the Swiss Adecco, which teaches Polish construction workers Norwegian and then finds them jobs in Norway’s struggling construction industry.

• Lab Workers and Other Technicians – China is one place where skilled laboratory technicians are in demand. This nation has a large supply of raw labor yet employers struggle to find enough educated technicians. Many of those currently employed in this industry are moving from job to job as salaries rise.

• Engineers – These skilled employees are needed everywhere, but countries such as Germany, which has always been an engineering powerhouse courtesy of companies like BMW and Siemens, are trying to recruit more engineers. The lack of competent engineers is beginning to hurt auto parts suppliers and may lead to a loss of competitiveness in countries like Germany.

• Accountants and Finance Experts – Companies have continued to use technology to advance their accounting and finance systems. With this advancement, new people have been hired with the required skills to balance the books. More accountants are needed to help businesses measure and record their numbers.

• Laborers and Factory Hands – Although millions of people in countries in Eastern Europe, China and India lack good jobs, employers in these areas often cannot find enough help in manufacturing centers. This problem often results from the labor supply being too far from these centers; lack of transportation is a major issue. Another issue is that often laborers also lack the basic skills required to work in a manufacturing center. Companies everywhere have laborer positions to be filled.

• Skilled Manufacturing Workers – Along the same lines as laborers and factory hands, there are not enough skilled manufacturing workers to go around. As the working age population decreases in many nations around the globe additional training and incentives are necessary to keep these essential jobs filled. Productivity of workers is just as, if not more, important than the number of workers employed by a company. Companies everywhere are investing time and money to train laborers and boost their skills.

• Bus, Truck and Taxi Drivers – Large cities such as New York, Paris and Barcelona have been experiencing a driver shortage for quite some time.

• Senior Managers – These positions are empty in formerly Communist countries around the world. Technical schools abound in these nations, but few MBA programs exist. Recruiters have begun to step it up in countries such as Hungary to fill these open jobs.

• Machinists and Equipment Operators – Many manufacturers build heavy machines and equipment but cannot find qualified, skilled employees to maintain their products. This problem will only get worse around the world.

Session I

1) List above are jobs in great demand, do you think this kind of survey can do you any help in your career planning? What are the jobs that is in great need but not in the above list?
2) This Survey is conducted by Business Week and it might not reflect the truth of Taiwan, what do you think the Taiwan’s version of most desired or in-short employees?

3) What will be the hottest jobs after 20 years from now?

Take a break!

It will be a great challenge for companies to find good employees in some hot fileds, here I’d like to mentioned an article from商週reporting on how China is aggressively recruiting world-class professors from neighboring countries and it is on China’s 5 year plan to attract elites in various field with unlimited salary.

Pls find the link for the article.
http://www.businessweekly.com.tw/webart ... p?id=39483

Session II

1) How do you see the situation the article mentioned, what do you feel about it, do we have to worry about it? What would you do if you were these professors who have to choose between personal development vs. national interest ?
2) Is there any solution to this kind of outflow of profession? What we can do to strengthen Taiwan’s competitiveness ?

Look forward to your participation.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
Session I:
2:15 ~ 2:30 Greeting / Ordering Beverage or Meal
2:30 ~ 2:40 Opening Remarks / New comers' Self-introduction / Grouping
2:40 ~ 3:20 First Group Discussion
3:20 ~ 3:35 First Summarization
3:35 ~ 3:40 Regrouping /Break
Session II:
3:40 ~ 3:45 Introduction
3:45 ~ 4:25 Second Group Discussion
4:25 ~ 4:40 2nd Summarization
4:40 ~ 4:50 Concluding Remarks / Announcements
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 2:15 pm 到 ~ 約 5:00 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 50 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交可退還之保證金NT$1,000。
大家一起加油吧!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2164
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 3/20(Sat) 3/22(Mon) Top 10 Most Desired Employees (Maggie)

文章 Rock »

I happened to see a joke today. Maybe you guys have already seen it before?

Q: How can you be sure that all your employees are happy?
A:....
Fire the unhappy ones.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 709
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

haha......good joke!! good sense of humor!!

Michael
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

I just read this:

10 best IT jobs right now
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
Julian
文章: 733
註冊時間: 週三 1月 07, 2004 12:06 am
來自: Taipei

文章 Julian »

There are some intereting points in the paragraph below:
How to become the most wanted employee around. ~ :)
http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/eco ... yee-around
銀藍色.象牙海岸的月光~雀躍著沉寂中的寧靜..
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Thanks, Michael. But that joke is from my boss.
頭像
Brian Huang
文章: 49
註冊時間: 週日 10月 15, 2006 11:01 pm
來自: Thousand Sunny

文章 Brian Huang »

Rock 寫:Thanks, Michael. But that joke is from my boss.
That means your are a happy one. :lol: great!

BTW

If the joke become true, we can see a lot of one man company. good. :)
----------------------------------------------
~let me full of all the color in my life.~
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 709
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Hi, Maggie

I will have a business trip to China this Sat, so it is a big pity that I am unable to join your hosting.

Break a leg!!

Michael
頭像
adau
文章: 14
註冊時間: 週四 3月 18, 2010 1:52 am

文章 adau »

Hello All,

My oral English is not good so I would like to practice my oral English and join your discussion this Saturday. I have read the notificaiton which you wrote for the new comers. Could you please tell me if there is anything else I need to know in advance?

Thank you very much.
Adam
maggiewang
YOYO member

文章 maggiewang »

adau 寫:Hello All,

My oral English is not good so I would like to practice my oral English and join your discussion this Saturday. I have read the notificaiton which you wrote for the new comers. Could you please tell me if there is anything else I need to know in advance?

Thank you very much.
Adam
Hi Adam,

Don't forget to bring a relaxing mind~~~ we all welcome you.

Look forward to seeing you.

Maggie
大家一起加油吧!
maggiewang
YOYO member

文章 maggiewang »

Michael-liu 寫:Hi, Maggie

I will have a business trip to China this Sat, so it is a big pity that I am unable to join your hosting.

Break a leg!!

Michael
No worries...there will be other chances , wish you a good trip! 8) 8)

Maggie
大家一起加油吧!
頭像
Julian
文章: 733
註冊時間: 週三 1月 07, 2004 12:06 am
來自: Taipei

文章 Julian »

maggiewang 寫:
Michael-liu 寫:Hi, Maggie

Break a leg!!

Michael
No worries...there will be other chances , wish you a good trip! 8) 8)

Maggie
It's a pity too that I am in Tai-Dong for an important event this Sat, but I'll try to join Mon gathering to learn ideas from you guys.
Have a nice weekend! :)

Julian
銀藍色.象牙海岸的月光~雀躍著沉寂中的寧靜..
頭像
Eddie
YOYO member
文章: 82
註冊時間: 週日 8月 16, 2009 6:04 pm

文章 Eddie »

Don't worry, Rock. Since your bowl is made of iron, you should always be the happy one.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Eddie
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Dear Brian and Eddie,

Thanks. It's true that I'm a happy employee. But that's not because of the iron bowl but the beef rice inside. I bet someone who can eat a steak from a plate would be even happier, and he wouldn't need a bowl at all.
頭像
Brian Huang
文章: 49
註冊時間: 週日 10月 15, 2006 11:01 pm
來自: Thousand Sunny

文章 Brian Huang »

Regarding to the above...

I don't believe any iron bowl.
but lives will always find a way to survive.
So guys we have to scale new heights for happy life.
I also want to improve my Orz English. Fortunately!!! I can do it slowly and just enjoy it here!! :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------
~let me full of all the color in my life.~
回覆文章