10/25(Mon) Should we buy the house in Taipei?(Host: Adam)

回覆文章
頭像
adau
文章: 14
註冊時間: 週四 3月 18, 2010 1:52 am

10/25(Mon) Should we buy the house in Taipei?(Host: Adam)

文章 adau »

Hello, everyone,

This is my first time hosting a Yoyos’s meetin. I would like to discuss something which is closely related to our life and money -- the house price in Taipei city.
It is well known that the house price in Taipei is extremely high for blue-collar workers. The pressure is already very high for the people who work in Taipei without owning a house in/near this city, but it appears this kind of pressure is still soaring higher and higher. So, let's discuss what should be the first priority if we are going to put all our savings in one place (such as in a house) and let's collect the insights from all of us to help each other with more comprehensive understanding about the price of our house or the cost for living in Taipei.

Asia's Hottest Property Markets
Source: http://www.forbes.com/2010/09/22/asia-h ... print.html

HONG KONG -
There's nothing poor about Singapore's property market right now.

Residential housing prices climbed an astonishing 38.1% over the last year, according to the Global Property Guide, fueled by a barrage of wealthy mainland Chinese buyers looking to take advantage of the region's robust recovery and low interest rates to turn a profit in an Asian financial hub.

The market's been on the rise for awhile. Built-up demand drove private real estate prices to their largest quarterly hike in history at the end of 2009, which "came on the back of eight consecutive months of brisk sales," says Tay Huey Ying, director for research and advisory at Colliers International.

By The Numbers: Asia's Fastest-Growing Property Markets

For these reasons, Singapore tops our list of Asia's hottest property markets, which was determined using data on year-over-year changes house prices from the Global Property Guide, a research house and website. (The time frames for data vary by country because the guide uses the most recent available for each place.)

Following Singapore is Hong Kong, another financial hub that places relatively few restrictions on foreign buyers, so it too attracts an influx of cash-rich mainland Chinese investors who have buoyed prices. The annual growth in housing prices is 24.5%.

Next in the ranks are Taiwan, Australia and China, with 20%, 18.4% and 8.6% growth respectively.

The Global Property Guide collects its information using in-house research, information from accountancy and law firms, and central bank and national statistical data. It tracks real estate statistics for upscale parts of major cities, from the annual house-price figures we used to rental yields to property tax levels. Areas in Asia-Pacific countries that the guide analyzes includes Hong Kong Island and the central residential neighborhood of Boeung Keng Kang in Phnom Penh, Cambodia--places where at least moderately well-heeled professionals live, be they expatriate or local.

"Can foreigners buy property? Is property expensive or cheap? How much rent can you earn?" writes Matthew Montague-Pollock, Global Property Guide's publisher, on the company's website. "The best stock investors use a 'fundamental analysis' perspective, which looks at investment from the point of view of risk and return. We want to bring a similar perspective to international residential investment."

The outlook for Asian property prices is still robust. But as prices rise and governments react with a series of dampening measures, it'll be difficult for the statistics to keep up the pace. Earlier this month Singapore imposed several strict rules to slow the growth of property prices, including one that makes it harder for people who already have a mortgage to borrow for a second home and another that imposes a stamp duty if people buy and sell within three years. Singapore's government, notorious for its interventionist tendencies, is also building more public housing, increasing supply to ensure that it stays affordable.

Hong Kong too has implemented measures to crimp property prices, such as raising down payments for luxury apartment loans and pledging to increase the supply of housing. Senior Hong Kong officials like the monetary authority chief and financial secretary have been vocal about their worries over a real estate bubble.

Despite all that, a recent Knight Frank study showed that Hong Kong home prices are likely to top all other world cities in growth next year.

"Residential supply is expected to remain limited, lending support to residential prices… The ultra-low mortgage rate environment in Hong Kong is likely to remain for at least another 18 months," according to other Knight Frank data provided by Xavier Wong, research director for greater China. "This trend is expected to linger and the continued inflow of capital from China is expected to sustain demand for homes in Hong Kong, lending further support for home prices."

As for the world's fastest-growing property market, expects say it will also prove resilient in spite of government initiatives to slow it down.

Says Colliers' Tay: "In light of the bright prospects seen for Singapore's economy in 2010, private home prices are unlikely to retreat although the pace of growth is likely to continue to moderate and stay within the 5% per quarter range given the ramped-up supply."

Extended reading:
台北捷運願景圖 (請點選滑鼠右鍵 --> 另存圖片於電腦上, 方可看到全圖):
圖檔
台灣房價漲20% 亞太第三:
http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/artic ... D/20100926
Global house prices -- booming in Asia
http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/pres ... and-the-US

Questions for Discussion:
Session One:
1. The house price in Taiwan has been rising drastically for a long while. Do you think it will continue to increase? Why?

2. Which area(s) do you think it will be the next area(s) that have the highest rise in price?

3. As we know, the house prices near the MRT stations are usually one of the highest areas. Also, as Trump said, location plays a deterministic role in house price. Do you agree with the above? Will you buy the house near the MRT station?

Session Two:
1. To avoid becoming a bubble, the experts suggest using the return yield and some fundamental analysis to value the actual house price. How do you look at it? Is there other way you know for value the real house price?

2. A recent report says the Taipei citizens have to save their income without eating and spending for 13 years so they can manage to afford a house. Do you think it is worth living up to it this painfully for buying a house in Taipei city?

3. In this article, it also mentions some governments have come up with other stricter measures to keep the house price from inflating, such as imposing the stamp tax or providing more public housing but – unfortunately -- mostly ineffective. Do you think those measures can work in Taiwan and what measures do you think our government should take for the next step?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期一聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 50 元
頭像
wenhan1122
Vice President
文章: 175
註冊時間: 週三 8月 20, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: 10/25(Mon) Should we buy the house in Taipei?(Host: Adam)

文章 wenhan1122 »

Similar to the question 1 of the first session, I had a discussion with my friend on this regard last week.

My opinion is, in Taipei metro area, the housing price is raising to unreasonable range. As mentioned in Adam's article, averagely Taipei residents have to save all their incomes for 13 years to afford their houses. I agree that Taipei metro area has its unique advantages like, job opportunities, transportation network, internationalization...over the other cities of Taiwan. However, for me, those don't justify the premium that a Taipei resident has to pay for a house (while compared to the others reside outside Taipei metro area.)

If the price is losing it's fundamental supports, possibly, the continuously rising will only push the housing price to speculation and eventually burst the bubble.
The real peace is not merely the absence of warfare, but the presence of justice
頭像
adau

文章 adau »

If the price is losing it's fundamental supports, possibly, the continuously rising will only push the housing price to speculation and eventually burst the bubble.
Fully agree with you. The construction Companies are really good at whooping up the house price and our house market is always suitable for the speculators. When and what price will the bubble burst? For the people who not own their houses yet, they might have been waiting for the drop of the price for a very long time, should they keep waiting? It is still a very hard and serious problem in this city.
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

Attendance Figures: 11

- Host: Adam

- Participants: Debby Chao, Dorrie, Dylan, George Chang, Jackson, Robert Chao, Sean Kao, Sherry Liao, Steve, Toshi
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

FYI:
445103-2.jpg
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
adau

文章 adau »

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your coming and contribution tonight. It was an interesting and enjoyable discussion.

By the way, the following is the link which I mentioned tonight that the government subsidizes the citizen who cannot afford the house. You will find the threshold is 1.41 million per family. In fact, this number might not be the definition for low-income family. However, in general, I think it is the number which the government think these families are probably not capable of buying a house. I think this number has surprised many people.

http://www.cpami.gov.tw/chinese/index.p ... temid=5#a2

Adam
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

adau 寫:Hello,

Thanks a lot for your coming and contribution tonight. It was an interesting and enjoyable discussion.

By the way, the following is the link which I mentioned tonight that the government subsidizes the citizen who cannot afford the house. You will find the threshold is 1.41 million per family. In fact, this number might not be the definition for low-income family. However, in general, I think it is the number which the government think these families are probably not capable of buying a house. I think this number has surprised many people.

http://www.cpami.gov.tw/chinese/index.p ... temid=5#a2

Adam
Many thanks for your information!
Yes! I am so surprised too!
I think some of our members might need it! ^^
隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

Words and Expressions 1025 2010

保值: value maintenance
抗跌: defensive
國宅: public housing;(英) council house
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
回覆文章