6/2 (Tue) Guide to Maintaining Friendships (Host: Tina)

回覆文章
Tina Sun
YOYO member
文章: 414
註冊時間: 週三 10月 02, 2013 3:23 pm

6/2 (Tue) Guide to Maintaining Friendships (Host: Tina)

文章 Tina Sun »

Hi Yoyos, so happy (nervous) to be the host again. Recently I am fond of “WellCast” channel. I consider it another interesting and useful way to learn/study English.

http://www.watchwellcast.com/

And because I am also the host leader on Tuesdays in June. So, maybe you will notice the source of the some topics following in June may also from WellCast as well. That will be because I recommend it to them. Hahahaha…. Enjoy it. :lol:

For the first week in June, I’d like to talk about friends/friendships and bad/toxic ones. It’s because when I watched the WellCast videos, I was really connected. Although I admit some of the methods or suggestions may not make any sense…. still I feel consented and have lots of ideas I want to share with you. So………Please come! Come on….. (beckoning~ :ok: )

Guide to Maintaining Friendships

The article with sort of same ideas I found. FYI.
http://www.thesitsgirls.com/ask-the-exp ... iendships/
Learning How to Keep Friendship Alive: Time & Effort Required!

Toxic People: How to End a Bad Relationship

Article FYI.
http://www.ehow.com/how_10037017_gracef ... dship.html
How to Gracefully Get Out of a Bad Friendship
http://au.reachout.com/what-is-a-bad-friendship
What is a bad friendship?

Sessions I
1. What do you think about the methods/efforts to maintain the friendship? Ridiculous? Useless? Necessary? Useful/Helpful?

2. Do you still keep in touch with your friends since childhood? Are they your old friends only or you call them your best friends.

3. Do you think if it’s easy to make good friends after graduating from the school?

4. Have you ever felt upset or pity when you realized you’ve lost some friendships and you didn’t even know their whereabouts and contact information.

Curious ~ You see your colleagues five days a week, just like when studying at school. So… do your current good friends come from your colleagues?

Session II
1. What's your definition of "bad friendship"? Do you have friends with the symptoms mentioned in the video and articles? If yes, do you think they are bad friends?

2. Do you have similar experience to share with us? How did you end up this toxic friendship? Or you are still in the struggle…..

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 與會者請自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請務必先看過演講影片,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 6/2 (Tue) Guide to Maintaining Friendships (Host: Tina)

文章 Kooper »

I have to confess that I am nowhere near a “qualified” friend; I don’t call or hang out with my buddies often, no matter whether they are old or new; Lots of my friendships have hopelessly faded. It’s a bit unlucky making friends with me!

It is absolutely true that friendship is built on geographical intimacy and physical separation undermines it. That’s why meeting old friends from schooldays always brings us a mixed feeling - pleasant but awkward at the same time.

Considering how much time we spend at work, colleagues should be a good source of new friendship. It is however less frequent to form a strong attachment to one’s colleagues than classmates. I think that’s because there is more personal interests, often a conflicting one, involved between us and people we work with. Thus I need to repeatedly remind myself that I go to work to make friends, not enemies and leave more room for a friendship to grow.
最後由 Kooper 於 週日 3月 27, 2016 4:45 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

Kooper 寫:I have to confess that I am nowhere near a “qualified” friend; I don’t call or hang out with my buddies often, no matter whether they are old or new; Lots of my friendships have hopelessly faded. It’s a bit unlucky making friends with me!
guess i'm just like Kooper in this regard.. :ccry:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Kooper 寫:I have to confess that I am nowhere near a “qualified” friend; I don’t call or hang out with my buddies often, no matter whether they are old or new...
That's why I like you so much. :lol:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

This is not the first time that we discuss the topic of "friendship". Inevitably, the question "Are people who only join Yoyo meetings our friends?" needs to be answered again. So, what's your answer? 8)
Tina Sun
YOYO member

文章 Tina Sun »

You are all my very valuable friends. I feel so happy to meet you guys finally and so regretful that I couldn't meet you earlier...... :cccry:
It's not easy to find a person who loves English and wants to practice and use it like you do. Luckily, we have each other and we have fun. :ssmile:
頭像
toshi
YOYO member
文章: 1383
註冊時間: 週日 7月 27, 2008 8:26 pm
聯繫:

文章 toshi »

Tina Sun 寫:You are all my very valuable friends. I feel so happy to meet you guys finally and so regretful that I couldn't meet you earlier...... :cccry:
It's not easy to find a person who loves English and wants to practice and use it like you do. Luckily, we have each other and we have fun. :ssmile:
As the title?? :lol:

隨你所喜
或酒、或詩、或是喜!
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

Rock 寫:This is not the first time that we discuss the topic of "friendship". Inevitably, the question "Are people who only join Yoyo meetings our friends?" needs to be answered again. So, what's your answer? 8)
one of the suggestion just told us to cut friends some slack so, don't be too hard on yoyos la~ 8)
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

A friend, who we meet maybe every few years, told me, "不見常思君, 相見亦無事"! I wish friendships can be so effortless to maintain.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Iris Wu 寫:A friend, who we meet maybe every few years, told me, "不見常思君, 相見亦無事"! I wish friendships can be so effortless to maintain.
Hey, your friend must be from Tang dynasty. Someone from Zhou dynasty said that "Noble people's friendship is thin as water while base people's is sweet as honey." And I used to believe it's true. :roll:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Rock 寫:Hey, your friend must be from Tang dynasty. Someone from Zhou dynasty said that "Noble people's friendship is thin as water while base people's is sweet as honey." And I used to believe it's true. :roll:
Right, maybe my friend is a time traveler! :)
Tina Sun
YOYO member

文章 Tina Sun »

:sun:

Host: Tina

Attendees: 16
Amy, Carmen, Iris, James, Jessica, Light (newcomer/senior member), Luis, Michael, Morris, Rock, Rosie, Ryan, Sabrina, Steve, Toshi, Wendy

Speakers for session I: Rock, Carmen, Ryan, Amy
Speakers for session II: Carmen, Sabrina, Toshi, Iris

Thank you all for attending the meeting. Hope our friendship can last forever. :lol: :lol: :lol:
回覆文章