1/16(Sat) What’s your personal image? (Host: Vicky Wu)

回覆文章
Vicky Wu
YOYO member
文章: 23
註冊時間: 週六 12月 08, 2007 7:43 pm
來自: Taipei

1/16(Sat) What’s your personal image? (Host: Vicky Wu)

文章 Vicky Wu »

Dear Yoyos, it’s my pleasure to be the host for Saturday’s meeting.

Some days earlier, a quote from an article caught my eye: “People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.”

It reminds me that nowadays we have a bundle of APPs enabling us to interact with people, including LINE, Facebook, etc. People are accustomed to using the 3C products to communicate so that sometimes forget proper manners when facing a real person in front of them, such as staring at the LINE responding square but also replying to you mindlessly at the same time. Example like this is not only disrespectful to others but also degrade our personal image. Other factors such as appearances, body languages, etc. can also affect our personal images.

The following articles provide ideas about shaping personal images and body languages that would affect personal images.
http://www.practical-wellness-guide.com ... ppearance/
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/25-acts- ... n-anderson

In the second session, everyone can have a chance to be onstage and talk about his/her impression of other yoyo members on the spot. I hope you can come and let’s have fun!

Session I.

1. Do you pay attention to your personal image? What part (ex. Dressing style, hair style, cleanliness, body shape, facial expression, voice volume, posture, etc.) do you care about the most? Why?
2. How do you judge a person you meet for the first time? After having a deeper understanding of the person, you often find there is a big difference from your previous judgement or you are good at judging a person correctly?
3. Referring to the second article, what’s the most annoying body language to you when interacting with someone? What would you do or say to the person?
4. Can you brainstorm other factors that can influence our personal images?

Session II.
Let’s have an Activity!!
I will put every attendee’s name in a box and each of you draw a name from it; then write down the first impression you have about the person. You may guess what does he/she like to do, eat, play, etc. You may also talk about how do you feel about the person. Then, everyone shall go on stage to talk about what he has written about the person (about 2 to 3 minutes.) Then, the target person (who has been drawn out by the person on stage) can tell us whether the person on stage says about him/her is correct or not, you can also defend for yourself if the description about the impression is not true or wrong (about 2 to 3 minutes.) Through the activity, you can know what’s your personal image in other people’s eye. Of course, it may differ from person to person, so don’t take it too seriously~ ^_^

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
15:45 ~ 16:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
16:00 ~ 16:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
16:10 ~ 16:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
16:50 ~ 17:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
17:10 ~ 17:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
17:25 ~ 18:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
18:05 ~ 18:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
18:25 ~ 18:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 15:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 18:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 與會者請自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請務必先看過演講影片,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Vicky Wu
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 1/16(Sat) What’s your personal image? (Host: Vicky Wu)

文章 Rock »

Wow! Vicky is hosting again! I remember last time was ten years ago...
Gotta grab the chance to join this gathering, or wait for another ten years. :lol:
Long time no see la!!
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Right, and you have to thank me for getting Vicky to host! I have been "三顧茅廬" to get her nodding her head! :)
Yeah, we'd better be there, it's a once-every-ten-years experience!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Yesterday's meeting was kind of like a traveling back to 8 years before. Amazingly, many of our old friends gathered again. Vicky's charisma is really powerful! :shock:

And many thanks to Iris to make her host again. Good job! The last time of her hosting was EIGHT years ago!!
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Right, at the end of the meeting, she said "See you in 2023!"
That is how difficult to get Vicky to host a meeting, just a little bit more frequent than solar eclipses! :)
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

文章 tashi »

14 Attendees:

Tashi
Chantal
Double
Blithe
Steve
Leon
Rock
Johnnie
Luis
Prudence