4/5 (Tue.) Why We Hate Who We Hate (Host: Rock)

回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

4/5 (Tue.) Why We Hate Who We Hate (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

Why We Hate Who We Hate
http://abravelife.com/why-we-hate-who-we-hate/
(Obvious fact: The “enemies” I describe in this article exclude bullies, abusive people, and violent warlords. They don’t highlight or expose other people’s insecurities, issues, and baggage; they create them.)

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung

I know what some of you are thinking: What do mean, Why do I hate the person I hate? Because she is an annoying jerk, that’s why. Duh.

But hatred is far more complex than that. If you hate someone (as opposed to merely disliking her), it means that you play just as large of a role in the unfolding drama as your enemy does. Which is just no fun to hear but it’s true....
http://abravelife.com/why-we-hate-who-we-hate/

圖檔
Session One
Q1. (Brainstorming) (1)What is hate? Please make a quotation of yours about it. (See above.)(2)Make a list of all the hates you can think of, and then give each item a rating based on how painful it is. Share all the hates of your team with us; tell us which hate you hate (or love?) the most, and why.
Q2. Are hate and dislike similar things or totally different? Can you give us some examples to illustrate your idea? Think of a key word to differentiate them.
Q3. Is it OK to hate some people? Do good people always remind themselves not to hate? Is hate a thing that everybody should go without, or is it an innate human nature?
Q4. Do you agree with the author's ideas that "enemies trigger our feelings of inferiority and shame" and "The only way to stop making enemies is to begin making friends with our own imperfection"?

Session Two

Activity: mind mapping
Hopefully, we will draw a "beautiful mind map of hate" on the board with your help. :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map

Q5. Use the list from Q1 to make a hypothetical case for each person at your table. What would you do when you had this "case of hate" from Q1? Do you try not to make enemies of them, ignore them, curse them, or take revenge?
Q6-1. Does President Ma hate President Tsai? Q6-2.Which public figure do you hate the most? Q6-3.Do the media in Taiwan spread hate more than news? If so, Why do they do so?
Q7. Why all the best movies always need an evil, evil, villain that everyone hates and the more evil the more the gloriest hero will come rescue us.

============================

Agenda:

6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:40pm Discussion Session (30 mins)
7:40 ~ 7:55pm Summarization (15 mins)
7:55~ 8:05pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (25 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks/Announcement

聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 7:00 pm 到 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
最後由 Rock 於 週六 4月 02, 2016 11:15 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 4 次。
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

Re: 4/2 (Tue.) Why We Hate Who We Hate (Host: Rock)

文章 Laura »

Hello Host, :D

May I know that you intended to po

4/2 "Sat." and time "3:45pm" ? :roll: :roll: :roll:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

Re: 4/2 (Sat.) Why We Hate Who We Hate (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

Thank you. Sigh, I'm aging. My senile dementia is getting serious. :cccry:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

Re: 4/5 (Tue.) Why We Hate Who We Hate (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

Now this topic is moved to a new date. Please be noted.
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

I'd like to join :ssmile: , but, anyone can HELP

to confirm that beginning time of meeting(Tue.) "3:45”pm is??? :drink:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Hi Rock,

Are we going to hold the meeting in the afternoon? BTW, I am totally fine with the meeting taking place in the afternoon, or better yet, at a refreshing place... such as the 學校咖啡館 that we once visited on one Christmas Eve several years ago (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3618&p=26711&hilit ... %A8#p26709).
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Not in the afternoon. It's a Tuesday meeting. I will correct my mistakes again, unless you think an afternoon meeting is better.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Maybe we can discuss about why those terrorists hate Amercicans or Europians so much, and why those pro-Taiwan independence people hate people from China. Do they have insecurities, issues, or baggage in their mind?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

yeah, baggage is uncountable. :lol:
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Rock is a thinker. He is surely capable to lead the way in the realm of soul-searching and we definitely have hard time to map his mind. :)

Excellent topics! I had to force myself to dig deeper, "dislike or hate?", are they in my conscious mind or unconscious mind? Do I have a mind map when I dislike/hate a person or a thing? This is a good training for me in contemplation and reflection! :)
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Thank you guys for the passion on the end of the holidays. The attendee list: Luis, Iris, Kooper, Toshi, Tashi, Allisa, Adam (New), Sabrina, Laura, Rock.
回覆文章