5/3 (Tue.) Did you like your school uniform? (Host: Tina)

回覆文章
Tina Sun
YOYO member
文章: 414
註冊時間: 週三 10月 02, 2013 3:23 pm

5/3 (Tue.) Did you like your school uniform? (Host: Tina)

文章 Tina Sun »

Dear Yoyos,

Did you miss the time wearing the school uniform? Please check out the below website.

http://www.thenewslens.com/post/297598/

A few weeks ago, I read this news about the school uniform and the reason why it got my attention is because I graduated from the same school. I’ve been there! I wore the white socks and the white shoes during my senior high school years. After reading this news, I seem to have a lot to say but meanwhile I don’t really know what to say. There are too many complicated feelings and aspects. I don’t even know I am pro or con for this propose. So I decided to take this as my topic for the meeting on 3rd, May. I hope you also feel interested in it. Come and join us, that’s have a wild chat on uniforms. Let me know your viewpoints.

See you at Dante.
Tina

Session I

1. Did you like your school uniform? How about now when after graduating from the school. Will you miss it?

2. Imagine if you were “黃衫客”, do you have any comment that you want to say? Do you think if it’s truly necessary to wear the white socks and shoes? (Or you can talk about your own school uniforms and see if there is any unnecessary accessory going along with the uniform.)

3. Do you agree that the rank or reputation of the school is the main reason for students to decide if they like their school uniforms. Have you ever felt stressful to wear the uniform outside the campus, or felt that you have to be careful and well-behaved and not to fail this uniform(the school)?

Session II

4. The sportswear seems to be another issue that has been disputed for a long time as well. For the Girl Schools, like 北一女 who still insists this regulation, which is the sportswear is not allowed to be worn outside the campus. How do you think of this case. Will it really ruin any image or tradition of 北一女?

5. I believe the uniform or other requirements are meant to protect students. It helps instill discipline among students, and a sense of community. Or reduce distractions for students and help schools recognize those who do not belong on campus. Nowadays, the restrictions of school uniforms or even the looks of students have been loosened so much. For example, students now can do whatever they like on their hairs. For this phenomenon, how do you think of its pros and cons.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法1:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
走法2: 出忠孝新生站 6 號出口後,直走約1分鐘看到濟南路口,左轉濟南路走約 3-5 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 與會者請自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請務必先看過演講影片,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 5/3 (Tue.) Did you like your school uniform? (Host: Tina

文章 Rock »

Tina Sun 寫: 5. I believe the uniform or other requirements are meant to protect students....
Hey, my lady, you are so trusting. Yes, I also heard that the color of the Small Green Green uniform was a protective coloration in case there was an air-raid. But, what's the bright color of your school uniform for? :lol:
Tina Sun
YOYO member

文章 Tina Sun »

Hey Rock, We've claimed that we are the daughters of the SUN. Ha :lol: :lol:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

So you are protected by Apollo? I think night time is more dangerous for girls?
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

so, to be the daughters of the Moon is way better lo~ haaa

by the way, sometimes too much freedom might lead to lack of self-discipline, especially for those youngsters.. XD
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Uniforms represent schools. They are often used as an integral symbol of one school’s spirits, traditions, honor and most cherished values. To alumni like me, uniforms bring them a sense of nostalgia, remind them of their schooldays, whether it be memorable or otherwise, and make them feel attached to the schools, even if they have been out of school for decades.

I graduated from HSNU. I am a super lover of its uniform, particularly the light blue color and the soldier-like shoulder design of male shirts. It casted all the other high schools into the shade. I felt proud and confident when in that dress. The only thing that I didn’t quite enjoy was that school dress code forbade students from letting shirt bottoms out of pants. That made me look too much like a bookworm and not cool at all.

That being said, uniforms are not indispensable. Just think of those iconic universities like Harvard or Princeton. They don’t need a uniform to be great. Besides, it is students, not teachers, principals or even alumni who wear the uniforms. They should have the discretion to decide what their uniform looks like and the degree where school dress code covers, as long as their choices are not revealing, sexually aroused, or offensive to the general public.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Kooper 寫:...it is students, not teachers, principals or even alumni who wear the uniforms. They should have the discretion to decide what their uniform looks like and the degree where school dress code covers, as long as their choices are not revealing, sexually aroused, or offensive to the general public.
圖檔

Wow! What a sight!

I think there is an underlying reason in the "change of school uniform" thing. Maybe I'm too old, but is it good to dress like that? Everybody wants freedom. However, when our freedom is unbounded, bad things sometimes follow.
Tina Sun
YOYO member

文章 Tina Sun »

Luis and Rock both mentioned the freedom. Students now all have their own ideas, proposals and rights, which should be a good thing. However, when it becomes too unbounded.... yes... there will be lot of issues we need to dig in.

Kooper, my younger brother also graduated from HSNU. Hahaha... It is a good school with no doubt. Will it be the reason why you felt so proud when you wore the uniform? (not just because of its design)

Hey Rock,
I think there is an underlying reason in the "change of school uniform" thing. Maybe I'm too old, but is it good to dress like that?
For myself, I don't think it's good to dress like that outside the campus, either.
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

文章 tashi »

First of all I like the uniform in the picture!!

Attendees :

Tashi
Ryan
Morris
Jimmy
Carmen
Amy Chen
Tom
Michael
Doris
Shirley
Chantel