6/18 (Sat) Real leadership and Self-leadership (Host: Shong)

回覆文章
Shong
YOYO member
文章: 5
註冊時間: 週二 10月 06, 2015 8:50 pm

6/18 (Sat) Real leadership and Self-leadership (Host: Shong)

文章 Shong »

Deal YOYOs:

We're going to have a relax moment to talk about real leadership and self-leadership.

Session One: Real Leadership

You're appreciated to have a 3-minute quiz of The Real Leadership published by John Addison in SUCCESS magazine to see what type of leader you are?

http://www.success.com/blog/john-addiso ... rship-quiz

Below is a copy of Quiz:

1. How do your values impact your work?
A. I’m too busy working to sit around thinking about my values.
B. I try to stick to my values but I find myself backing down occasionally to avoid conflict or get ahead professionally.
C. I’m contradicting my values regularly, but I believe the rewards are worth it.
D. I rarely, if ever, do something I feel contradicts my values. I’d rather risk losing my career than be someone I’m not.

2. What are some of your main strengths?
A. I’m a team player with a strong work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile.
B. I’m skilled in my industry, willing to learn and open to new ideas.
C. I’m a driven person with the ability to work alone and solve problems quickly.
D. I’m a friendly person who is creative and compassionate.

3. What part of your work motivates you?
A. I get great satisfaction from working shoulder to shoulder with my team and meeting a goal together.
B. My motivation seems to shift depending on what I’m working on and whom I’m working with.
C. I want to fulfill my leadership potential and move up my field as quickly as possible.
D. I feel it’s my obligation to help others become their best selves and live their best lives.

4. How do you shine your light on others?
A. I work every job in our company so I’m sure to understand what people need and want.
B. I try to let people know I appreciate their hard work, and I hand out yearly awards.
C. I give people the autonomy and trust they need to do their jobs without micromanaging, which gives them a sense of ownership and pride.
D. I spend time daily talking with my tem one on one, and I give out a lot of praise around the office.

5. How do you build new leaders?
A. As I work on projects with people, I help develop their unique skills and talents.
B. I talk to people about their goals regularly and help them make a plan of action.
C. I entrust people with their own teams so they can learn leadership skills firsthand.
D. I point out people’s unique strengths and build their self-confidence by giving them challenges I know they can meet.

6. During a difficult time, how do people know they can count on you?
A. I don’t go home until everyone goes home.
B. I ask for help and do the best I can with the resources at hand.
C. I work on top-level needs and trust that others take care of their responsibilities.
D. I communicate with everyone regularly so they know where we stand and how they can help.

7. How do you earn your position?
A. I usually work alongside people so they will look to me a leader later.
B. I have regular meetings to help people understand what’s expected of them, and I try to keep a positive attitude.
C. I do my best to lead by example, but my title is a big part of why people follow me.
D. I find that people follow me mainly because they like me and know I’m on their side.

8. How well do you focus on things within your control?
A. I focus on the next step in and process and I show my tem how to do this by example.
B. I focus on both the big picture and the process, but sometimes I become too worried.
C. I have no problem focusing on what I can control, but I have trouble getting others to so the same.
D. I communicate daily with people so they know exactly what I expect of them and can focus on their next step

9. How do you deal with fear in yourself and others?
A. I believe hard work is the antidote to fear because if you keep moving, fear can’t catch you.
B. I try to be available for my team members when they need to discuss their fears and concerns.
C. I don’t allow fear to stand in the way of my goals, and I tell my tem to do the same.
D. I discuss my fears with my team members so they can relate to me as a human being.

Section Two: Self-leadership

You might be saying, as quoted from the below article, well this leadership stuff doesn’t apply to me…so now we’re going to talk about self-leadership; as said in the below article, without leading yourself first, how can you effectively lead your life. How can you take care of your family and children if you aren’t taking care yourself? How can you expect to lead others to help you achieve the results you want from your business, if you aren’t setting the example? Most importantly, how can you lead and live the life you deserve? Thus, you're highly appreciated to read the article published by Derek Lauber:

http://dereklauber.com/the-zen-of-self- ... o-live-by/

Eight Core Principles of Self-Leadership:

1. Embody your Brilliant Obsession:
Embodying your purpose and your grand vision for your life and business or the deep why and what you want for your life is crucial to your success. By knowing precisely what your Brilliant Obsession (Google said: 輝煌的癡迷…..) is you can more easily accomplish your goals, objectives and desired future. And on the flip side if you are fuzzy or unclear on what’s most important to your life and business, how can you expect anyone around you to fully support you in achieving it?

2. Be responsible and accountable for your actions and reactions:
Take ownership of your decisions, actions and outcomes. You are in a position of power. Playing the blame game is easy and there is no place for it in your life. You always have a choice in how you react to any situation.

3. Develop self-awareness in all areas of your life:
Get to know your habits, the good and the bad. Understand your underlying beliefs and behaviors. Know which ones are strengths, which ones are challenges and which ones sabotage your Brilliant Obsession.

4. Cultivate Emotional Intelligence (EQ):
This ties right in with self-awareness and is crucial to all of your interactions. When you learn to manage and regulate your emotions you increase your confidence, you communicate with more passion and your relationships are more fulfilling.

5. Be financially responsible:
You know money plays a huge role in your life and, if you allow, money can dictate many of your actions or inactions. Understanding your personal finances and knowing how they interplay with your business and life is crucial to self-leadership and success.

6. Be physically healthy:
Diet and physical fitness impact every emotion, thought, action and outcome. What you put in your body and your level of activity directly affects your brain chemistry and energy which determines your moods, energy and the ability to get important work done, spend time with your kids and do the things you love to do.

7. Create goals, systems and habits to succeed:
Without goals, systems and habits, you are nothing but a rudderless ship (沒有船舵、失去方向、漫無目的 船隻) afloat in the ocean of life. To be successful, you must establish goals, systems and habits which move you forward. You must break bad habits and instill great habits. And you must use systems that push you out of your comfort zone towards your Brilliant Obsession.

8. Take Right Action:
Take focused action immediately and effectively to get the powerful results which move you towards your goals. Always take action that results in getting things “to done” or implemented. And execute on the work which moves you and your business forward the fastest.

Session One:

1. What type of leader are you? You are truly appreciated if you could share your result with us!
2. The world is eager for a real leader as we can see from every aspect of our daily life—political, economical, and social, career development and etc. Except the 10 items listed above, what else qualification is required for being a real leader! Share with us of your insightful observation!
3. Are there any further thought that you would like to extend more, for example, “what part of your work motivates you the most?”….would it be “MONEY”. Share with us from your philosophies on life!

Session Two:

1. What is your prioritization on the 8 core principles that you think the most important factor?
2. What else of criteria that you think the author misses out in the 8 cores of self leadership e.g. ethic & moral, integrity, be nice, be humble, be respective or love yourself first?!
3. Are there any further thought that you would like to extend more that has touched your heart, for example, “cultivate EQ” would be a requirement for leading yourself ?! Share with us!

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 972
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 6/18 (Sat) Real leadership and Self-leadership (Host: Sh

文章 Luis Ko »

just go watch the drama, 太陽的後裔. 柳時鎮 is a good leader.. XD
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Re: 6/18 (Sat) Real leadership and Self-leadership (Host: Sh

文章 tashi »

Thanks for all Attendees on this rainy day and the discussion really inspires me.

Sharon Lin
Sharon Yang
Debbie
Vivian
Andre's
Tashi
Christina
Julian
Ramesh
回覆文章