11/15(Tue)How being alone may be the key to rest(Host:Linda)

回覆文章
lindafun
YOYO member
文章: 25
註冊時間: 週二 6月 07, 2011 11:50 am

11/15(Tue)How being alone may be the key to rest(Host:Linda)

文章 lindafun »

Session I

How being alone may be the key to rest
Article:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-374449 ... e=facebook

1.For some people, the mind can’t rest unless the body is at rest. For others, it is the opposite. How about you?
2.How do you relax when you are tired? List the three most restful activities based on your personal experience. Do you agree that doing a solitary activity is more restful?
3.Do you think rest is the opposite of work? Will you still worry about your work when taking a rest or spending a vacation?

Session II
What Your Birth Order Says About Your Personality

Article:
http://www.realsimple.com/work-life/fam ... der-traits

4. What’s your birth order ? Do the typical personality traits fit your case of birth order? Why?
5. The first-born (only) child tend to be responsible, self-critical, and dominant. Do you agree? Could you give some examples to elaborate why you agree or disagree?
6. Based on your personal experience, which do you think affects our personality more: nature or nurture?

*************************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
**************************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 11/15(Tue)How being alone may be the key to rest(Host:Li

文章 Kooper »

Honestly I don't see strong evidence from the study supporting the crucial role that solitude play on the road to full rest. But as an introvert, I do need and enjoy solitude on a regular basis. Being alone allows me to talk to my inner self, to inspect my emotions, and eventually reach peach with myself. I often feel refreshed and regain energy after some respites alone. Usually in the afternoon around four o'clock I go out to a bakery nearby and grab a piece of chocolate cake to comfort myself. It's a 20-minutes round trip and it's an absolutely needed solitude time to me. The break refill me some extra willpower, patience, and rationality to hang tough until end of a day's work. :mrgreen:
回覆文章