12/27(Tue) Art of encouragement & inspiration

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

12/27(Tue) Art of encouragement & inspiration

文章 tashi »

Well~ there seems many kinds of vocabulary when I seek for related usage. Let's take a look:

1. His courage infected the followers.
2. I find his conversation stimulating in the extreme.
3. He was galvanized into action by the teacher's command.
4. Regard each failure as a stimulus to further efforts.
5. Joseph is a player who can spark his team to victory.
6. Every manager must motivate and encourage his employees.
7. There are several types of excitation to which structures may be subjected.

Do you feel any difference among them? So in session I, I would like to ask for everyone's efforts to think about questions below together:

Q1. What's the definition for you about these words above?
Q2. Could you provide more vocabulary representing the same or similar meaning?
Q3. How do you distinguish "encourage" and "Instigate"? Would they sometimes become ambiguous in the real world?
If yes, what's the key to call a final difference?
Q4. What are the opposite words? How many of them have/had you used before? Or how many have/had you taken from other people?

Next, in Session II, we continue to discuss the role it plays in our lives?

Q1. Have you been greatly inspired at some moments and finally led you what you are or an important part of you now?

Q2. Do you think when it comes to having people to do something, action of inspiration is much efficient than persuading them?

Q3. In a peer relationship, how to you often encourage/inspire your classmates, colleagues or friends? (Well, I mean for their own good)

Q4. In a superior level, how do you often encourage/inspire your children, younger brothers, students, and subordinates?

Q5. In a subordinate level, do you have any experience like encourage your parents to do something? Or you were inspired by your children.

Q6. As it's discussed in Q4, try to summarize if ~
a. Any common good skills you co-experienced.
b. Any other skills that is good or must for collaborate with your inspiration skills.

**************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Remark:
1. To new friends/visitors, please prepare one to three mins of self-introduction.
2. To achieve good discussion experience and quality, please read through all content, questions and think about them in advance.
3. If you are interested in joining our regular meetings, currently the membership fee is NTD$1000 and it's basically a lifelong payment.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 12/27(Tue) Art of encouragement & inspiration

文章 Luis Ko »

i had not known we could infect others emotionally, in the extreme meant extremely, and people could be galvanized into action, before i read this. great!! but, i still don't know what the sentence about excitation means.. :cccry:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Vocabulary is the collection of a bunch of words, or "word bank". A vocabulary word is a word in the vocabulary.
tashi

文章 tashi »

Thanks for Rock's correction.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Someone corrected me before. I passed the correction to you. Please pass it to someone else again next time. 讓愛傳出去,大家來訂正 :lol:
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Rock 寫:Someone corrected me before. I passed the correction to you. Please pass it to someone else again next time. 讓愛傳出去,大家來訂正 :lol:
Agree with you Rock! We don't know what we don't know until getting corrected. :? Correcting others amounts to blessing them~ You are such a great man! :mrgreen:
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

guess yoyo needs great man to show up more often la~ XD
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Tom Lee
YOYO member
文章: 51
註冊時間: 週三 10月 30, 2013 8:51 pm

文章 Tom Lee »

Yes, Luis and Rock are the great men needing to come more often.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

I didn't see the original post, but the current version looks pretty solid, somehow “untashi-ed”! I could not tell it was from Tashi! I need to give it a thumbs up - a nice write-up and well-organized question list! So I’ll say it is “inspiring” to see the president/vice president improving their writing skills during the course of presidency and we should “encourage” more members to volunteer taking up a post as our leaders! :wink:

Back to the subject, when it gets to vocabulary test, it is frustrating. When asked to give some other words with similar meaning, you squeeze out a couple, and then the words of opposite meaning, you manage another couple, and that’s it. When you google the synonyms and antonyms, you got a bunch. You knew these words and they are sort of dancing with you, too, but in reality, they just hide somewhere behind the curtain and you may not claim them in your vocabulary. Frustrated? Surely is! :(

The second session questions are well thought out. They guide me through to think deeply about my own life philosophy for interacting with people.
tashi

文章 tashi »

I feel hilarious for myself that I misunderstood "SQUEEZE OUT A COUPLE" so I can't figure out where the couple is. After Googling it, I've learned "SQUEEZE OUT" already.
Iris is really vocabulary resourceful. :o
回覆文章