3/25 (Sat.) Nationalism vs. Globalism (Host: Iris)

Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 3/25 (Sat.) Nationalism vs. Globalism (Host: Iris)

文章 Kooper »

Hi Iris,

Thanks for introducing the tremendous TED Dialogues to us. I’ve watched 30 minutes of it. Harari is a genius in pointing out problems human beings face global wide today and in next few decades and offering a right prescription: a global political system. He is a great thinker, makes incisive statements and has the vision that many political administrations in the world lack. But he also admitted that he didn’t know how the new political system, if there is any, will look like and how to make it happen. Equally important is that we need people who are as brilliant as Harari and are down to earth to turn his prescription into real effective capsules …

It’s obvious now that democratic systems have been on the verge of malfunction. Political leaders today lack visions, make knee-jerk decisions, or serve particular interest groups rather than the general public. I doubt if bringing the same system to global level alone will do the miracle and suddenly make leaders visionary. We probably also need reforms in how the political system work – something brand new and different from existing democratic and authoritative administrations.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Iris Wu 寫: ...Again, so sorry to make it more troublesome. Rock has already complained that I am too serious!
Hey, when did I complain? I am a man, I don't complain. Besides, what you gives to us is not troublesome at all. It's fun.
BTW, I'm married. I know what's real trouble. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Did it rain yesterday? How come still we had so many people? Because it was Iris' hosting! The attendees were: Kooper, Janice, Rock, Kat, Stephen, Vincent, Gloria, Shirley, Sherry, Flora (new comer), Danny, Leon, Laura, Steve, Tashi, Iris (host), Sabrina, Rosie, Light, Julian, Ramesh, Yvonne, Jason, Jessica. Thank you all for joining us. See you next time la.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
回覆文章