回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

3/28 (Tue.) 英語學習心得分享 (host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

1. 在本次聚會的第一段中,開放使用中文 (of course you can still speak English.)
2. 請帶一本「幫忙你學英文的書」來跟大家分享。真的沒有書的話,就分享網站或其他資源啦!謝謝。

****在某次聚會裏,我看到我們一位同伴的英文筆記--- 超級用功的。我說:「哇!妳好認真喔!」她回答:「真的嗎?可是我覺得參加了這麼久,都沒有甚麼進步...」
Yoyo 可以做甚麼呢?最重要的當然是幫大家學英文。所以,這次聚會請大家分享學習秘訣囉。感謝啦!

Hello there,

I asked some English teachers in our club to share their teaching, but they are too modest about their profession. So I guess I will be the only one who share this English teaching/ learning thing in the beginning of our meeting. However, I'm pretty sure that more ideas from you guys will come up 'cause we all have been learning it for years. (or decades? :shock: )

Session One

Q1. Activity: Books sharing
Please bring one of your favorite books for learning English to our meeting and introduce it to us. It can be a comic book, magazine, textbook or anything; it can be for kids, teenagers, advanced learners or anyone. As long as you love the book, bring it and share with us.
Q2. Is grammar learning important for English learners in Taiwan? Which grammar rule is the most difficult one to you? Pick a grammar rule of your choice and introduce it to us.
Q3. What is the most import thing in learning English? What are the possible reasons that some people cannot learn English well in Taiwan? How do we solve the problems?

Session Two
Telling the story of a picture.

Several pictures will be handed out to each table. Each person chose one and tells a story about it. The story can be true, or simply made up by you. Think of a key word which is essential to the story and ask your people to guess the key word.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

Re: 3/28 (Tue.) 英語學習心得分享 (host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

It's been updated. Please check it out. Thanks.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

yeah, it's been decades, but still sucks.. :ccry:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

And mine sucks, too.

But, no problem, captain Iris is helping me realize this item of my bucket list. I will push it harder and harder. 8)
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

wow~ "bucket list"!! so you mean you want to master it? then you are done. it's already good enough for you to put it into "bucket-done" list lo~ 8)

by the way, though it's long been shelved, i personally believe grammar is important for ESL learners, especially beginners so, i will bring my grammar bible to the meeting this Tue haa~ :mrgreen:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Tom Lee
YOYO member
文章: 51
註冊時間: 週三 10月 30, 2013 8:51 pm

文章 Tom Lee »

wow~ so friendly topic.
It meets my poor English level, especially the first part... (開放使用中文 :lol: )
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

To Tom the EX president:
You are being modest. Your English is better than most of the people in Taiwan, if you don't want to compete with Iris.

To Luis:
I also have a bible which I have never finished before. Let's check each others' bibles out to see whose bible is more like a bible. :lol:
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Luis threw a bombshell (a translation question about "a reckoning with sth") on LINE early today and then he disappeared, and the LINE group was "polluted" whole day long!

Now I saw my name was referenced twice here and I think they were all misreckoned! :)

For a long term English learner, when failing in a simple translation request, we need to reckon with the ineffectiveness of our learning methodology.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Yes, and we strained our brains, trying our best to reckon the Iranian's reckoning. We are totally polluted by this word, and I guess I won't be able to get rid of it for some time. :lol:
Luis Ko
YOYO member

文章 Luis Ko »

Iris Wu 寫:Luis threw a bombshell (a translation question about "a reckoning with sth") on LINE early today and then he disappeared, and the LINE group was "polluted" whole day long!

Now I saw my name was referenced twice here and I think they were all misreckoned! :)

For a long term English learner, when failing in a simple translation request, we need to reckon with the ineffectiveness of our learning methodology.

i did't disappear la~ just have no smartphone to use "line" when not at home. so far i have only used "line" with my computer, and "to have a smartphone or not" is really a reckoning with life ahhh~ :drink:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Hey, there are 22 people on this attendee list. Thank you so much: Steve, Ryan, Iris, Cindy, Amy, Shirley, JD, Light, Rosie, Morris, Flora, Tom, Yvonne, Alex, Sabrina, Wenhan, Eileen, Jessica, Jason, Luis, Rock, Kat, Julian
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

Dear Rock,

I like this topic very much, can we do a re-run in Saturday's meeting? :drink:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Sure. It's a good thing to share our ideas of how to learn English, or other things, more efficiently. April 29th is Kooper's hosting. Do you think he is interested in this? If he is not interested in this, you can always force him to do so, anyway. :lol:
Or would you do it yourself on May 13? I can be your one of your volunteer speakers, of course.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Rock 寫:Sure. It's a good thing to share our ideas of how to learn English, or other things, more efficiently. April 29th is Kooper's hosting. Do you think he is interested in this? If he is not interested in this, you can always force him to do so, anyway. :lol:
Or would you do it yourself on May 13? I can be your one of your volunteer speakers, of course.
I can do this in one of the sessions for sure. The only challenge is how to do it differently this time so as not to bore to death those who joined Mar-28 meeting. :?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

I don't think it's a challenge. It's a piece of cake for you guys. The only thing I'm worrying about is our room would be too small for the crowd coming. :shock:
回覆文章