回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

5/2 (Tue.) 奧客 (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

Hi, please check the following links and read the story.
http://diply.com/viral-news/article/cas ... led-bagger
http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimene ... 4/1104308/

WWYD 1

WWYD 2

Session One
1. How do you say "奧客" in English? Who are 奧客? Think of as many 奧客 as possible and share them with us.
2. What's the difference between WWYD 1 and WWYD 2? What would you do if you were a customer there?
3. Do you think the lady in the end of WWYD 2, who yelled her opinion, overreacted? Why do some people defend justice aggressively?

Session Two
1. What would you do if you ordered beef noodles but they serve you pork in a restaurant? Would you ask them to replace it? Why or why not? Have you ever confront a business for your customer rights? What happened?
2. Do you try free food samples when you're shopping? Is it acceptable to try for fun only? What's your opinion of the eating-too-much case?
3. In the first article, the cashier confronted the rude costumer directly and then there was a massive disturbance. Did he do the right thing? Do business owners in Taiwan support their employees like this?
4. Are we having more and more 奧客 in Taiwan? Why? How can it be stopped?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:55pm Discussion Session (45 mins)
7:55 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (15 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:20pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:20 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (45 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (15 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元
注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。
5. 正式會員資格取得:Yoyo行政團隊視情況發送正式會員邀請函。獲邀加入者,可於繳交終生會費 NT$1,000後成為Yoyo正式會員。
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 5/2 (Tue.) 奧客 (Host: Rock)

文章 Michael-liu »

The title of the video already answers question 1, doesn't it? Rude customer
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Sometimes they are not rude. Last time, I heard that someone returned a half-eaten watermelon to Costco....
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

an awkward customer. (奧客) :roll:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Rock 寫: Session Two
1.... Have you ever confront a business for your customer rights? ...
I think the above sentence is wrong, but I don't know how to put it. Would anyone correct it for me? :?
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

First, what is "奧客" in Mandarin? :)

Regarding Rock's question, What do you think?
--> "Have you ever confronted a business about your consumer rights?"
Or "Have you ever confronted a business violating your consumer rights?"
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

i know what Rock tries to say, but i don't know whether or not it's a correct sentence.

how about have you ever confronted a business about their bad customer service? or, have you ever confronted a business with your customer/consumer rights? or, have you ever confronted a business which violates your customer rights.. guess this one is the same as one of Iris's sentence.

how about not using confront, instead, have you ever made a complaint/claimed your consumer rights against any business? :drink:

p.s. google is almighty.. :lol:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

文章 tashi »

I worked in a customer service department I think all in the follows mean 奧客 but with some difference.

difficult customer

Knowledgeable than you do and intentionally to give you some hard time looking like educating you.

picky customer

Affordable requirement but waste your time and increase your burden

snobbish customer

well...In IT industry I haven't had chance dealing this kind of customer but I guess in some luxury store clerks know better.

obnoxious customer

I guess rude customers are the class ones to this type.

In my experience, most of the complaints I've taken care resulted from customers treated wrongly in the first place and their emotion has been accumulated for a long time. So most of my colleagues can't understand why they became so angry with such a little issue in the most recent case. And when you dealt their issues in a historical and technical angle, it would be much easier to
calm them down and even buy one more in the future.

The most fun thing I discovered in this job is you don't actually need to say sorry too early. That would make the apologies so cheap that harms both you and your customer's integrity.

But when I think of those 奧客 events in hospitals who yelled to nurses/doctors or even using violence, I really feel keep bodyguard around is important to take down or drive them away.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Eileen has got a definition which may fit all--- annoying customers.
回覆文章