9/9(Sat.)The surprising habits of original thinkers (Julian)

回覆文章
頭像
Julian
文章: 733
註冊時間: 週三 1月 07, 2004 12:06 am
來自: Taipei

9/9(Sat.)The surprising habits of original thinkers (Julian)

文章 Julian »

Hi Yoyos,

It is my honour to be the host again. These days I have found two interesting Ted-talks which are somehow reflect to drawbacks of mine, procrastination and time wasting on cyber world, but the videos reveal in different perspective. I look forward to figuring out your opinions through the discussion in different approaches.

https://www.ted.com/talks/adam_grant_th ... edcomshare

Suggested Questions for Session I:
1.Do you think the "Originals" are more likely to be successful in business or their lives? Is there any friends or people you know who falls into the theory of the speakers'? Please share it with us.
2.In your opinion, how do we recognize original thinker or to become one of them? Any tips or suggestions?
3.What is the connection between procrastinators and the originals? What is the reason do you think they can related to each other?
4."Procrastinating is a vice when it comes to productivity, but it can be a virtue to creativity." what is your opinion?
5.Predicting the performance or commitment just by knowing the using web browser, does it make any sense to the topic?
6."Vuja de -when you looking something you've seen many times before, and all the sudden you see it with fresh eyes", is it possible? By what means?
7.How do you think about the idea: "In a long run our biggest regret is not our action, but our inaction.", and "Some ideas they are too important not to try"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Session II

How boredom can lead to your most brilliant ideas?

https://www.ted.com/talks/manoush_zomor ... w#t-860920

Suggested Questions for Session II:
1.Creativity means different thing to different people. If you don't need to be creative in your job, will you still consider it is important?
2.Did you ever think about deleting social apps on your mobile phone? What is your reason or why not? Please share your idea or experience with us.
3.Do you feel less boredom when you have a smart phone by your side?
4."If you don't decide how to use the technology, the platform will decide for you." Do you think our attention are under the control or some companies?
5.According to the speaker "By doing nothing, you are being the most productive and creative self." Do you agree boredom can lead to brilliance? How come?
銀藍色.象牙海岸的月光~雀躍著沉寂中的寧靜..
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 9/9(Sat.)The surprising habits of original thinkers (Jul

文章 Luis Ko »

6."Vuja de -when you looking something you've seen many times before, and all the sudden you see it with fresh eyes", is it possible? By what means?
as to this question for things i have no idea, but for girls i like i did have the experience. there was one girl i hadn't had any feeling with her at first several contacts but then, all of a sudden, i was moved by her profile from, kind of, a long shot angle while she was talking to others during a gathering with a bunch of friends. from that angle i found that she had never been that beautiful and was suddenly attracted to her, and then, i fell haa~ :drink:

maybe the point here is to see things from different angle, without preoccupied or fixed ideas about them then, you might be able to have a whole new view about them lo~ i guess. :mrgreen:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Julian

文章 Julian »

Luis Ko 寫:there was one girl i hadn't had any feeling with her at first several contacts but then, all of a sudden, i was moved by her profile from, kind of, a long shot angle while she was talking to others during a gathering with a bunch of friends. from that angle i found that she had never been that beautiful and was suddenly attracted to her, and then, i fell haa~ :drink:
Hey Luis, I like your example, a truly vivid one! :)
銀藍色.象牙海岸的月光~雀躍著沉寂中的寧靜..
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Wow! It's so good to see the gratification monkey and panic monster again. Kooper must be thrilled. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Taking notes here. The creative process,

1. This is awesome.
2. This is tricky.
3. This is crap.
4. I am crap.
5. This might be OK.
6. This is awesome.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Julian

文章 Julian »

Thanks for the add. You Rock! :)
銀藍色.象牙海岸的月光~雀躍著沉寂中的寧靜..
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Thank you, Julian. The attendees were: Kooper, Steve, Momo, Rock, Stephen, Way, Amy, Laura, Gloria, Kat, Lydia, Vicky, Luis, Julian, David Jr.. See you guys next time.
回覆文章