2/27 (Tue.)Multi Stream of Income (Host: Catherine)

回覆文章
Catherine
YOYO member
文章: 31
註冊時間: 週日 2月 22, 2015 10:09 pm

2/27 (Tue.)Multi Stream of Income (Host: Catherine)

文章 Catherine »

Multi Stream of Income
“Sit me at the keyboard of any computer in the world with access to the Internet, and in just 24 hours I’ll earn at least $24,000 in cash.
Robert G. Allen
“Send me to any city. Take away my wallet. Give me $100 for living expenses. And in seventy-two hours, I’ll buy an excellent piece of real estate using none of my own money.” Robert G. Allen

Who is Robert G Allen?
Robert G. Allen is the author of some of the most influential financial books of all time, including the New York Times bestsellers Creating Wealth, Nothing Down, Multiple Streams of Income, The One Minute Millionaire, and Cash in a Flash which he coauthored with Mark Victor Hansen.
Today there are literally thousands of millionaires who attribute their success to Mr. Allen’s systems and strategies. The National Speakers Association has named him America’s Top Millionaire Maker.
He is a popular television and radio guest, appearing on hundreds of radio and television programs, including Good Morning America, Live! with Regis and Kelly, and Larry King Live. He has been the subject in numerous international publications including the Wall Street Journal, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, Newsweek, Barron’s, Money magazine, and Reader’s Digest to name just a few.
Robert Allen believes that part of his purpose in life is to teach people how to achieve financial success—even starting from nothing. As proof, he once said,
“Send me to any city. Take away my wallet. Give me $100 for living expenses. And in seventy-two hours, I’ll buy an excellent piece of real estate using none of my own money.”
Challenged by the Los Angeles Times to live up to his claim, he flew to San Francisco and proceeded to buy six properties in fifty-seven hours. The L.A. Times headline proclaimed,
“Buying Home Without Cash—Boastful Investor Accepts Times’ Challenge and Wins.”
Most people assume that “it takes money to make money.” Mr. Allen demonstrated that the source of true wealth is an internal reservoir of passion, courage, and persistence.
On the home front, Robert and his wife, Daryl, just celebrated thirty-two years of marriage and are the proud parents of three children, Amae, Aaron, and Hunter.
Creating Wealth Institute
For over thirty years, graduates of Robert Allen’s popular seminars and trainings have successfully applied his techniques to earn multiple streams of income. Click the following link to read thousands of Robert Allen Success Stories.Robert Allen’s Creating Wealth Institute conducts basic and advanced programs in real estate, the stock market, information marketing, and entrepreneurship.
If you want more information about these programs, click on this link. If financial success is your goal, Robert Allen and his team of trainers and coaches can get you there.
https://robertgallen.com/about-robert-g-allen
https://robertgallen.com/robert-allen-t ... al-freedom
Video link: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... ction=view

Obama: Liberal Arts waste of time
Erminia Errante, Managing Editor • March 15, 2014 • Leave a Comment

Going to college for a degree that you cannot even use, that was President Barack Obama’s thoughts about graduating with a liberal arts degree.
It was reported that President Obama made remarks about liberal arts and criticized the effectiveness a degree in liberal arts would have in training people for jobs.
“[A] lot of young people no longer see the trades and skilled manufacturing as a viable career. But I promise you, folks can make a lot more, potentially, with skilled manufacturing or the trades than they might with an art history degree. Now, nothing wrong with an art history degree — I love art history. So I don’t want to get a bunch of emails from everybody. I’m just saying you can make a really good living and have a great career without getting a four-year college education as long as you get the skills and the training that you need.”
Obama said this as an attempt to encourage American manufacturing to what it used to be by changing the way people are trained for jobs.
Obama isn’t the first person in politics to frown upon liberal art studies.
According to Inside Higher Ed., Mitt Romney and Governor Pat McCrory also had a lot to say about liberal-arts disciplines. Oddly, all three politicians received a liberal-arts degree.
This all began when Obama gave a speech early in 2014 at a General Electric plant in Wisconsin on the need to improve jobs training programs nationwide. The overall point of Obama’s speech was effective and wasn’t controversial at all, but the inner details of it left people feeling disappointed.
“There was a survey conducted of over 500 business leaders, like heads of companies, and all said that people with liberal arts education brought good communication skills, good analytical skills and good contextualizing skills to any job,” said director of Women’s and Gender Studies program in N.C State, Deborah Hooker. “A knowledge of history and literature, as well as a knowledge of science and technology, is important for all sorts of sociopolitical reasons.”
While many people believe that this is true, and that the liberal-arts are just as important as any other major that students work for, Obama disagreed at first in his speech, but later apologized.
“Let me apologize for my off-the-cuff remarks. I was making a point about the jobs market, not the value of art history,” said Obama as he went on saying that art history was one of his favorite subjects in high school.
Mercy College’s very own Dean of Liberal Arts and Professor of Humanities had a lot to say about Obama’s comment.
“He did apologize but given the context in which he was speaking to the GE people in Wisconsin, the remark was not off the cuff which is what he said in his apology letter,” said Dean Miriam Gogol. “The reason I say that it wasn’t an off the cuff comment is that his remark fit in directly with his primary message which was about job driven training programs. But in my judgment as dean, it was more than just an unfortunate comparison.”
Liberal arts can go under multiple categories, but for the majority of colleges, a liberal arts degree often includes the four traditional branches: humanities education in which students specialize in classical languages, such as Latin and Greek, modern languages, where students are required to study at least three languages, mathematical-scientific education and economical and social-scientific education, where students are required to study economics, world history, social studies and business informatics.
Gogol states the importance of a liberal arts education and career training.
“Students need both. They need preparation for jobs, and they need an education that teaches them how to think. They need both,” she stated. “People need the bread, and they need the rose. They need an intellectual foundation, and they need critical thinking and creative interdisciplinary reasoning. They need to learn how to think outside the box, which is a huge part of one’s life.”
Mercy College has its very own School of Liberal Arts, which Gogol feels strongly about. “The School of Liberal Arts at Mercy College is a foundation. We are a combination for a liberal arts school at Mercy; we have combined the professional and the non-professional.”
Not many students know about Obama’s comment toward the GE workers. Out of the many who were asked, only one of them knew it, about but didn’t have much of a comment.
While many people believe liberal arts is a waste of four years in college, it realistically is a help, not only for career advancement, but in self-improving one’s overall life.
“I didn’t start out as a dean. I started out in English and I had no idea where I was going to go, I found myself, and it took a long time. I was drawn to passion, and then I went forward in it. (Studying liberal arts) won’t let you go backwards,” said Gogol. “We all need the intellectual foundation, and need that capacity to think outside the box, and that’s where liberal arts comes in.”
https://theimpactnews.com/news/2014/03/ ... e-of-time/
Questions:
Session 1
1. Are you satisfied with your current salary? Why or why not?
2. How important is it to have passive incomes?
3. What is financial independence? Do you think it’s necessary to reach that status in your life time?
4. What do you have to do to be “financial independent”?
5. Apart from your current job, what are other streams of income had you considered or tried? Tutoring? Pyramid scheme? Stock market? What else? If not, what do you think you’ll most likely to do? Why?
Are you willing to sacrifice your time (or health) to do them?
Session II
6. Obama once said"Liberal Arts is a waste of time", what do you think?What you studied in school doesn’t guarantee a good job, do you think what you learned in school was helpful for your current job or
lifestyle? If you have the chance to start over, would you choose a different major? Would you follow your heart or your brain?
7. For most of the investments, you’ll have to throw your money in first. How do you evaluate the risks?
8. What if someone says a certain business can make you more healthy, wealthy, expand your social network and improve your English at the same time, will your give it a try? Why or why not?
9. Do you believe what Robert Allen said about Multi stream of income? Will you join him in a video conference to learn more details?
10. People can’t seem to get all in their lifetime: When you were young, you had a lot of time but no money; When you have a job, you have some money but not much time; When you have both, you want a
love life or a family; When you got your family, you will desire for freedom… For you, what’s the most important thing in your life? Why?
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
最後由 Catherine 於 週六 2月 24, 2018 11:53 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 2/27 (Tue.)Multi Stream of Income (Host: Catherine)

文章 Rock »

Hey, we just talked about it this afternoon. David said that we gotta be careful or we would end up being "kaluloujin"s. Do you agree?
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Catherine
YOYO member
文章: 31
註冊時間: 週日 2月 22, 2015 10:09 pm

文章 Catherine »

It's quite possible!
Way
YOYO member
文章: 24
註冊時間: 週六 9月 23, 2017 10:39 pm

文章 Way »

Hi Catherine, you prepared a good topic. I think how to create a healthy passive income is very important that can make you realize your financial freedom dream come earlier.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Way 寫:...to create a healthy passive income is very important that can make you realize your financial freedom dream come earlier.
Talking about this dream of freedom, are you sure "healthy income" is enough? How about "risky income"? :)
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Way
YOYO member
文章: 24
註冊時間: 週六 9月 23, 2017 10:39 pm

文章 Way »

Hi Rock, Profit always goes with risk, no risk no profit. Need to manage risk under the range you can endure and diversify your multi stream of income.
回覆文章