5/1 (Tue.) What's your hidden talent ? (Host:Christine)

回覆文章
頭像
Christine
YOYO member
文章: 197
註冊時間: 週三 8月 31, 2005 7:34 pm

5/1 (Tue.) What's your hidden talent ? (Host:Christine)

文章 Christine »

Hi Guys,

It's been a long time since my last hosting the meeting.
Just as the video described, "some of our talents are pretty evident, others are hidden deep down waiting to be explored."
Please take the simple 10-question test from the link listed below to find out what your hidden talent is. Have fun !

Sources for Session One

Source : 3 ways to discover your hidden nature talents
https://www.inc.com/leonard-kim/how-to- ... -star.html

Source : 7 ways to identify your hidden talents
https://www.rewireme.com/happiness/iden ... n-talents/

Source for Session Two

Discussion Questions :
Session ONE :
1. Before taking this test, do you know if you have any hidden talent ? If yes, what is it ?
2. Is there any one you know who is talented ? Is there any talent that you wish you have ?
3. What test result did you get ? How do you feel about the result ( i.e. surprise ...)? Is it as you expected ?
4. Would it encourage you to learn or spend more time to discover more about it ? Why or why not ?
5. According to the article, Doun Wilks provided 3 key insights to discover what your natural talents are. Please refer to the follows and discuss accordingly.
A. What thrilled you as a child ?
B. Have you had the experience of doing something that made you lose track of time ? Can you please share the experience with your group ?
C. What do you yearn to do ? What fire is burning inside of you at this very moment ?
Are those methods provided helpful ? The other article also gives 7 tips to help people discover their hidden talents. Are they useful ? If so, which ones ?
6. In a perfect world, everyone would get to use their strengths at work everyday. Unfortunately, it seems not the case in the real world for most people.
How have you been to hone in your hidden talents and use them in work force ?

Session TWO :
1. Do you like the idea of try something new for 30 days ? Why or why not ?
2. What are the plans or idea you'd like to try for 30 days ? Please list it and share with your group.
3. Would the concept - short term of trying new things encourage you to give it a try ?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期三聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元
最後由 Christine 於 週一 4月 30, 2018 6:30 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 5/1 (Tue.) What's your hidden talent ? (Host:Christine)

文章 Luis Ko »

my answer to question one is that i still don't know what my hidden talent is even after taking the test. ok, i admit i don't believe the test either.. :lol:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Christine
YOYO member

文章 Christine »

It's fine, Luis. In fact, the test is just for a reference. :)
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Character strength is probably the type of talent that tends to go unnoticed. First of all in our schooldays they are neither seriously nor carefully assessed in report cards. It is also challenging to quantify these types of strength for accurate evaluation. Last, the abilities cannot be predicted or claimed beforehand; it is the outcome that justifies the existence of a trait talent but not the other way round. Simply put, a great leader won’t get recognized until they lead, execute, and achieve something significant.
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

I love the idea of 30-day challenge. No matter whether it ends up becoming a long-lasting habit or not, it brings variety to our everyday life and forces us to step out of comfort zone. Doing the challenge from time to time will bring us more confidence to make changes when needed. :mrgreen:
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Hey, Kooper, I just found that you're kind of talented in writing. Wanna consider writing a novel? :D
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(22): Amy, Anne, Brian, Christine (Host), David, Devvery, Felicia, Henry, Honey, Janice, Jessie Hsu (newcomer), Joseph Jr, John, Kooper, Luis, Rock, Rosie, Summer (newcomer), Tanya, Vicky, Way, Yvonne
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Rock 寫:Hey, Kooper, I just found that you're kind of talented in writing. Wanna consider writing a novel? :D
Writing a novel in English? Rock you must be pulling my leg. :shock:
頭像
Christine
YOYO member

文章 Christine »

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for joining the meeting last night. As a host, I feel great to see you enjoy the topic and sharing with us about your point of view, particularly the 2nd topic. I'd like to try something new for 30 days since today. :)

BTW, perhaps Kooper could really think about to write a novel in English in 30 days!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Christine 寫:... particularly the 2nd topic. I'd like to try something new for 30 days since today. :)
Hi, Christine, how about hosting for Yoyo for 30 days? It is good for you, and good for us, too.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
回覆文章