頭像
Flora
YOYO member
文章: 109
註冊時間: 週一 8月 16, 2004 12:29 pm
來自: Taiwan

Advertising Age (11/20)

文章 Flora »

“ Advertising is the greatest art form of the twentieth century.” - Marshall McLuhan
Nowadays, we can see various advertisement everywhere in our daily life, such as T-bar ads on the freeway, on-floor ads in supermarkets and shopping malls, commercials on TV and radio, flyers, booklets and even stickers all around, etc. Companies make all efforts to catch customers’ attention; meanwhile, consumers also need to be stimulated to fulfill their desire. Here we go! The idea of advertisement comes out as an advantage for both sides. Some successful businesses even create clear and powerful slogans as follows:
Nike – “Just do it
McDonald’s – “I’m lovin’ it
Samsung – “Technology that works for life
Nokia – “Connect people
Cathay Airline – “Heart of Asia
I believe there must be more interesting ads that I haven’t mentioned yet. Please take a deep breath and recall some unforgettable ads to share. Hope you enjoy this meeting!

(I) Discussion
1. In your opinion, what are important factors of a good advertisement?
2. Can you name some attractive ads? Why /How do they touch you or impress you?
3. Are you an impulsive buyer or a reasonable buyer? Have you ever bought anything because of the effect of the ad? For example.

(II) Activity: Propose an advertisement / commercial
Are you a creative person? Do you always have many innovative ideas but have no place to express and show them? Have a brainstorm with your teammates in designing the adverting campaign for your new product.

**Reference **

Advertising Age

Advertising informs consumers about the existence and benefits of products and services, and attempts to persuade them to buy them. The best form of advertising is free word-of-mouth advertising, which occurs when satisfied customers recommend products or services to their friends, but very few companies rely on this alone.

Large companies could easily set up their own advertising departments, but they tend to hire the services of an advertising agency. A contract to produce the advertisements for a specific company, product, or service is known as an account. The client company generally decides on its advertising budget, the amount of money it plans to spend in developing its advertising and buying media time or space. It also provides a brief, or a statement of the objectives of the advertising, as well as an overall advertising strategy concerning what message is to be communicated. The choice of how and where to advertise (newspapers and magazine ads, radio and television commercials, cinema ads, posters on hoardings or billboard, point-of purchase displays in stores mailing of leaflets, brochures or booklets, and so on), and in what proportions, is called a media plan. The set of customers whose needs a company plans to satisfy, and therefore to expose to an advertisement are known as the target market. The advertising of a particular product or service during a particular period of time is called an advertising campaign.

Favorable mentions of a company’s products or services, in any medium read, viewed or heard by a company’s customers or potential customers, that are not paid for, are called publicity.

- from Management: Marketing
頭像
Flora
YOYO member

文章 Flora »

Today...November 20, 2004 Saturday...
I am supposed to be the host for the meeting.
SO there may be some mistake on Wayne's title...
Wish you read the right article for today loh~

Flora :P
頭像
Fanny Pan
YOYO member
文章: 52
註冊時間: 週日 8月 08, 2004 1:42 am
來自: Taipei

文章 Fanny Pan »

Dear Flora:
I am so sorry for absence form your first meeting.
Please forgive me,because I am so tired today.....
I worked in my sister's dress store until 2:00 am.

It's a pity for me to miss your virgin show.
Do'nt angry with me, please.my little Flora.

a apology from your Fanny.
頭像
Wayne
文章: 1500
註冊時間: 週四 5月 13, 2004 10:53 am
來自: Taipei, Taiwan, Pandemonium

文章 Wayne »

Flora 寫:Today...November 20, 2004 Saturday...
I am supposed to be the host for the meeting.
SO there may be some mistake on Wayne's title...
Wish you read the right article for today loh~

Flora :P
Sorry I made a mistake of typo. I've already made my correction.
Knowledge is power -- when shared.
頭像
Flora
YOYO member

文章 Flora »

I worked in my sister's dress store until 2:00 am.
It's a pity for me to miss your virgin show.

a apology from your Fanny.
Fanny, 沒關係的, 看你這麼辛苦, 我哪敢再苛責你呢!? 我收到你的心意了 :wink:

另外, 也發表一下第一次當Host的感言與心得...
在與會之前, 誠惶誠恐的閱讀著大家Post的Tips of hosting & suggestion
無論是找資料, 準備所需內容與開場白, 點餐與分組方式, 都絲毫不敢疏漏,
一開始還真有點擔心, 因為上半場的人數實在不太多呢! :roll:
還好, 中場又陸續加進了幾位生力軍, 再加上下半場的activity大家賣力演出,
哇~~害我真是忍不住感到欣慰, 同時也多謝在場的yoyo們對我的大力支持與鼓勵謝謝啦!!
小女子在此深深一鞠躬, 了表謝意囉 :lol:
期待下次會有更好的表現~
回覆文章