8/4 (Sat.) Talk about our passion (Host: Debby)

回覆文章
Debby wu
YOYO member
文章: 9
註冊時間: 週四 8月 31, 2017 1:17 am

8/4 (Sat.) Talk about our passion (Host: Debby)

文章 Debby wu »

Hi, I'm Debby, the host of this Saturday. After finding a job, I try to design my life blueprint. Here're some topics about our life. Let's recall our twentysomethings.

- Session one -
Clinical psychologist Meg Jay gave 3 pieces of advice for how twentysomethings can re-claim adulthood in the defining decade of their lives.

TED:Why 30 is not the new 20
https://www.ted.com/talks/meg_jay_why_3 ... the_new_20

1. The speaker suggested the twentysomethings to use the weak ties. Have you get a chance because of weak ties?
2. In your opinion, what is the most important in 20s,30s and 40s? Why?
3. If someone gives you some advice like Meg, Clinical psychologist, would anything change in your life?
4. Do you think the theory of the speaker is suitable for 40', 50' and 60'?

-Session two -
This session is about passion. If you find any interesting articles, welcome to share with us.

10 Life Purpose Tips to Help You Find Your Passion
http://jackcanfield.com/blog/finding-life-purpose/

This test includes 10 questions. Perhaps it will help you to find your true passion.
https://www.psychologies.co.uk/test-wha ... ue-passion

1. Do you have the passion for your job? How do you keep the passion? If no, what support you to do this job?
2. When we are tired of our jobs, how do we tell the reason? or How do we know if we are losing the passion or lacking of the ability?
3. If you can choose your major again, which one would you choose? What kind of expertise would you like to share or teach, such as handicraft or photo-taking?

I learned from the video in my job-seeking period. Besides, I am interested in a technology company. My major is international business. Having foreign experience as an exchange student in Czech makes my twentysomethings different. If there's any chance I can grab, please let me know. I deeply appreciated your kindness.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:50~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:20pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:20 ~ 5:00pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
5:00~ 5:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:20 ~ 5:30pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:30~ 6:10pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:10~ 6:30pm Summarization / Concluding Remarks / Announcements(20 mins) ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表1~2分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
最後由 Debby wu 於 週六 8月 04, 2018 2:35 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 8/4 (Sat.) Talk about our passion (Host: Debby)

文章 Kooper »

Hi Debby,

Nice choice of the topics. They are perfect orientation courses for twenty-somethings. I wish I had watched or read something like these and had done enough exploration or inner search to find myself in my 20s. That would have stood me in better stead when I turned 30.
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

The 30-is-the-new-20 phenomenon results partly from longer schooldays and later first job experiences. Nowadays most people view it basic to have a master degree; young adults generally don’t start working until 24 years old – part-time jobs or internship don’t really count. Men of my generation in Taiwan faced the double whammy of another two-year mandatory military service. That put off the launch of our career until the age of 26. We were late arrivers to the party and the mid-night bell was bound to ring soon. In my case, I had to make a major life decision on marriage within the first year of the career. It took me eight years to finally settle my career path. By that moment I was already 34, almost missing the boat, didn't I?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Talking about the boat, it took me another 10 years to get on board comparing with my coworkers. Now the boat is leaning and tilting; may even capsize and sink in the future. The good news is: we won't die because of these shit things. So no worry la... :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Hi Rock,
I feel it beneficial for teachers to have certain years of job experiences in other fields before starting their educational career. You were in fact ahead of, not behind, your colleagues on boarding the boat.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Oh, thank you Kooper. Now I feel better. I mean, I was fine, but now I am feeling more than fine. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Hi, Debby, where is the job seeking ad.? Have you got a job already and don't need the weak ties anymore? 8)
Kooper
YOYO member

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(26): Andy, Antonio, Apple, Bernie, Connie, Catherine, David Jr., Debby (host), Gloria, Holly, Iris, James Chen, Joanne, John Huang, Kooper, Laura, Leon, Light, Michelle, Rock, Ryan Huang, Sherry Liao, Tina (Apple's), Tim, Tom, Way
Debby wu
YOYO member

文章 Debby wu »

Hi, Kooper and Rock. I'm glad and surprised that my topic spark your discussion. Hope you can get better life. :P
Debby wu
YOYO member

文章 Debby wu »

Rock 寫:Hi, Debby, where is the job seeking ad.? Have you got a job already and don't need the weak ties anymore? 8)
Rock, I'm still finding a job. I'm interested in a sales in technology company. If there's any chance, I'm glad to grab it.
回覆文章