9/18 (Tue.) How Much is Your Friendship Worth? (Host: Rock)

回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

9/18 (Tue.) How Much is Your Friendship Worth? (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

Hi, I'd like to start a business with you guys selling something we all have-- friendship. What? It's not for sale? Why not?

UNUSUAL BUSINESS IDEAS: SELL YOUR FRIENDSHIP
https://sheleadsafrica.org/unusual-idea ... riendship/
Friendship isn’t easy. We’ve all been in situations where we needed someone by our side but found ourselves alone. Maybe you want to start gyming but all your friends are too busy to join you. Maybe you’re like me and travel solo but are too paranoid to venture out on your own at night.

Who says money can’t buy friendship? Three smart Singaporeans have started a company, Pally Asia which provides friends for hire. Through Pally Asia, people can rent “fake” groomsmen, bridesmaids and sports buddies. Customers can also rent friends, or pallies as the company calls them, to take them for a night out in town and even to meet their parents. Different types of pallies come with different prices from $15 for a 15-minute phone call to $1,000 for 12 hours (and a speech) with a groomsman or bridesmaid.

Japan is thought to have been the first to start companies offering this kind of service. Now, such companies are found in countries across Asia and in the U.S. I need them to come to Africa. What’s more, with the help of my friends, I’ve thought of ways a friend-for-hire service could work for us....

How Much is Your Friendship Worth?
https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-mo ... 00-a-week/
Chances are, you think you’re a pretty cool person to hang out with. How would you feel about charging for that privilege? According to the people at RentAFriend, you could make up to $2,000 per week as a rental buddy.

Originally founded in Japan, RentAFriend was so popular that in 2009 it started targeting the North American market. Similar services, like Australia’s Friends for Hire or the international site Rent a Local Friend, have since popped up. Customers or “members” use the sites to find someone to show them around a new town, offer advice, help them learn a language, work out with them, or just go to a movie.

For example, I know a lot about edible wild plants, so I could take clients hiking and point out the wild edibles. Sometimes no particular skills are needed; someone who has just moved to a new city might feel safer having a same-gender friend come along on a visit to a bar or nightclub.

Curious about this trend? Here’s what you need to know if you’re thinking about making some cash off being friendly....

Session One
You've been hired as a CEO of a start-up. Your company is going to sell a new commodity-- friendship. Please find a way to run the business and start making money. (To make things interesting, one of the companies will be assigned to make "legal dirty money".)
1. Please assign a CEO of your company. He/She is going to lead you to a successful business.
2. Your company needs a good name. Please name your company in English and Chinese. Design a logo, and a slogan for your company, too.
3. Market analysis: Who are your potential customers? Who do you want to hire to provide the services? What products are you going to sell and how do you sell them? What are the difficulties of promoting this business? How do you overcome them?
4. Cost and price analysis: How much would you charge for your products? How much money is your company going to make? Are you going to be rich or broken?

Session Two
1. Who is the number one in Yoyo that people would be willing to pay for his/ her friendship? Why? How much is his/her reasonable pay in this business?
2. What do you think of the idea of friendship selling? Is it shocking, interesting, or simply stupid? If there is a company providing friendship products, what kind of service would you buy from them?
3. What problems would there be if friendship selling business become popular? Should kids be forbidden from this business? Do we need any laws to regulate the behavior or business?
4. Would friendship selling make the world a better or worse place?

*******************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:50~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:20pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:20 ~ 8:00pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
8:00 ~ 8:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:20 ~ 8:30pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:30 ~ 9:10pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:10 ~ 9:30pm Summarization / Concluding Remarks / Announcements (20 mins)
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 7:00 pm 到 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 9/18 (Tue.) How Much is Your Friendship Worth? (Host: Ro

文章 Rock »

floater
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

“No way!”, “You can’t be serious!”, “Like renting/hiring a fair-weather friend is ever going to happen!”
I guess that was the initial denial when we first knew this type of “services”. We thought some people had their heads in the cloud, but after a while the reality sank in. It is not too bad of an idea, actually. :)

Sometimes we don’t feel like to talk, or just don’t feel like talking to the people surrounding us, but we don’t mind listening or even talking to someone who has nothing to do with your life because they are not judgmental, and they don’t make assumptions.

I like the way Rock laid out the meeting style and questions. It is so professional, like we are going to attend an EMBA course for practical exercise!

“Can friendship be hired and sold?” The jury is still out on this subject, but we can agree to disagree!
頭像
Gloria Lo
YOYO member
文章: 367
註冊時間: 週一 2月 04, 2008 7:51 am

文章 Gloria Lo »

Attendees (25)
Miller, Devry, Felicidad, Norman, Sally, Light, Janice, Debby, Felicia, Ellen, Iris, Sabrina, Gorgia, Arthur, Ramesh, Way, Anne, Christine, Liwen, Chris, Bernie, Tim, Luis, Yvonne, Rock (host)

8) :P :love:
回覆文章