11/6(Tue) What Do You Want? (Host: Tashi)

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

11/6(Tue) What Do You Want? (Host: Tashi)

文章 tashi »

Hi everyone,

It is my turn again to host on 11/6. I would like to use this key question to explore more relevant topics.

Session I. What is your opinion of self-learning and have you practiced it?

1. There is a saying that after graduating from the school system, we will be educated next by the “School of Hard Knocks(社會大學)” or the “school of life.” If you think so too, then:

a. Do you learn more in the “School of life” than in the regular “school system”?
b. In terms of what you’ve learned in the “School of life”, do you more often count on private institutions to gain new abilities, or do you tend to find
open source materials to pick up new skills?

2. How would you define successful self-learning and with what concepts?

3. In retrospect, what was your first self-learning experience and what was the mental state you were in? Were self-learning playing an important role in your life?

Session II. What do you desperately want in your life?

1. Among all the things you’ve got, give yourself some time to feel them, name the top 3 you value most, and:

a. Were they earned through your own effort?
b. Are they material stuff or some sort of abilities?
c. If you have to name the top one, what is the difference that makes it more precious than the other two?

2. How do you often make a decision? Is it like, “OK! This is a must.” and then, start setting up a plan and put it into practice?

3. Do you have an ability/position you are eager to earn but have been hesitant all this time because in the first few tries you found that you didn’t have the talent for it?

a. Has the desire disappeared in some way or is it still bothering you deeply at some moments?
b. If you’ve overcome any issue like this before, share the process and the significance you have felt.

4. One of my college classmates - also a roommate in one semester - is still in Coma Scale 3. Two days before getting this shocking news, I was thinking about what he had said to me, “I feel like you are a person without much desire and ambition. That doesn’t seem right.” Do you believe that it’s possible or correct for a human being to have nothing special to pursue? Think from your heart and share how you treat this eternal question.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:50~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:20pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:20 ~ 8:00pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
8:00 ~ 8:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:20 ~ 8:30pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:30 ~ 9:10pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:10 ~ 9:30pm Summarization / Concluding Remarks / Announcements (20 mins) ********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 7:00 pm 到 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期二聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備2~3分鐘的英語自我介紹。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以5到10句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 11/6(Tue) What Do You Want? (Host: Tashi)

文章 Iris Wu »

Learning requires discipline, and self-directed learning, particularly, needs self-discipline. I would say there is no one-size-fits-all formula about learning, everyone should find the best way for themselves to learn, but with the abundant open platforms available and accessible nowadays, to take advantage of resources and direct an effective self-learning habit becomes a must. It will be great to listen and learn from everyone’s self-learning experience and stories.

Additionally, because of the way the host narrated the question (4) in session II, I am curious what was in host’s mind when he asked this question. People are different, and we grew up with our own value system. How do we reduce our judgmental thoughts and truly accept the differences is itself a never-ending self-actualization process.
tashi

文章 tashi »

My classmate died 3 days ago after struggling 3 weeks in the hospital.

About Q4 in session 2, after some chat last Sat about this with Iris, Gloria, and Steve, I was thinking that maybe the better question is if each of us has a strong desire, do we fail it because of weak pressure resistance or low self-learning motivation? With AI technology you can make machines more and more intelligent but at least till now no machine has the desire.

I feel sorry to bring up this profound issue in this meeting but I am also intrigued to absorb the opinion and experience from every attendees.
tashi

文章 tashi »

The job crafting mentioned by Devry last night FYI.

https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newCDV_36.htm
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Attendees (15): Miller, Steve, Felicia, Lulu, Amy, Shirley, Iris, David, Chris, Devry, Carrie, Liwen, Sabrina, Felicidad, Tashi (Host)
回覆文章