11/10(Sat) Insecurity &Give money to beggars(Host: Momo)

回覆文章
momoliu
YOYO member
文章: 4
註冊時間: 週一 11月 06, 2017 10:55 pm

11/10(Sat) Insecurity &Give money to beggars(Host: Momo)

文章 momoliu »

Hi everyone,
I will be the host on 11/10. Welcome to the meeting and discuss these two topics.

Session I Insecurity
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... curity?amp

The 6 Most Common Causes of Insecurity
1. Genetics
2. Environmental Stressors
3. Fear of Disappointing
4. Conflict Aversion
5. Dependency
6. Broken Trusts

Questions for discussion:
Q1 The article mentioned 6 most common causes of insecurity, do you agree with it?

Q2 Some people would limit actions of their spouse, or peek at their private message. Do you think these behaviors are caused by insecurity? What kind of behavior do you think is insecurity?

Q3 Would you choose a charming womanizer who makes you feel insecure or a boring nerd who can give you the feeling of security?

Session II Give money to beggars
https://www.thenewslens.com/article/26888

Questions for discussion:
Q1 As the article mentioned: You walk on the street in New York City with $10 dollars in your pocket. You can see there is the street vendor who sells hot dog, and on the other side is a drunk beggar. Will you give the ten dollars to these two people? If so, how would you distribute it? why?

Q2 Some people rely on social welfare excessively if they can always get help from others. Do you agree that “Teaching a man how to fish is better than giving him a fish”?

Q3 If you want to help people, do you prefer to give money to beggars on the street or to charity groups?

Q4 For people with disabilities who sell tissue paper and gums on the road, do you think it's a behavior of selling or a behavior of donation?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:50 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:20pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:20 ~ 5:00pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
5:00 ~ 5:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:20 ~ 5:30pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:30~ 6:10pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:10~ 6:30pm Summarization / Concluding Remarks / Announcements(20 mins)
********************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:請準時 4:00 pm 到 ~ 約 6:30 pm 左右結束
星期六聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元
最後由 momoliu 於 週四 11月 08, 2018 9:14 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 970
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: 11/10(Sat) Insecurity &Give money to beggars(Host: Momo)

文章 Luis Ko »

Q4 For people with disabilities who sell tissue paper and gums on the road, do you think it's a behavior of selling or a behavior of donation?

i think it's more like asking for donation. i personally don't like it, when i'm not in the mood. :drink:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

I think many of us can easily relate our own insecurity to one of the reasons listed in the first article. Conflict aversion is the one fits me well. I am always trying to avoid rocking the boat, so I delude myself in certain conflicts and by “taking them for the group/team”, or sometimes simply just because I don’t know how to “fight back” articulately. Either way it consumes my energy to feel upset later on. Feeling upset, according to the author, is because you gave up who you are at the moment because you were trying to ensure there would be no loss of security.

I like the second tip to becoming more secure: Agency. I do need to learn how not to be emotionally blackmailed because of my fear of conflicts.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2725
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(19): Bernie, Christine Hsiu, David Jr., Douglas, Gloria, Iris Wu, Jason Yuan, Joseph Yu, Julian, Kat, Ken, Kooper, Li-yue, Momo, Sally, Stephen Chiu, Steve Cheng, Tashi, Wu (newcomer)
回覆文章