12/17(Tue) Single or married/ 5G’s world (Host: Morris)

回覆文章
morris25
YOYO member
文章: 65
註冊時間: 週一 5月 07, 2012 8:35 am

12/17(Tue) Single or married/ 5G’s world (Host: Morris)

文章 morris25 »

Session I: Being Single or Married?

Please look at the following links first:

Reasons to Remain Single
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350qUmbcAZU

日本單身女性團體創辦人:孤獨,是最好的老後
https://www.cw.com.tw/article/article.action?id=5097969

Questions:
1. Do you agree that “romantic love is a dangerous illusion” as said in the video? Why or why not?
2. Do you agree that “no one think their partner is terrific after a while” as said in the video? How long have you met your current partner? Is he/she different from the time you first met him/her? Besides getting older, what are other key differences, if any?
3. What are the key pros and cons of being single? Do you think being single is better than getting married? Why or why not?
4.What is the most important factor for a life-long marriage? Why?

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Session II: 5G's World?

What are the features and benefits of 5G technology for businesses?
https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com ... businesses

What Effect Will 5G Have On Our World?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestech ... c600d66de9

If the above two articles are too boring for you, please just look at the following links, but they are not in English:
連結5G以後的世界
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDJC_yJTXIc

5G世界會像鋼鐵人演的一樣嗎?5部電影窺見未來
https://www.businessweekly.com.tw/focus ... gn=content

Questions:
1. How much do you know about 5G? What is your expectation for it?
2. It is expected that 5G services will be launched in the middle of 2020 in Taiwan. Will you subscribe to 5G services in 2020? Why or why not? What will be the maximum fee per month you are willing to pay for 5G service?
3. Which kind of 5G applications or services you think will impact the most on Taiwan and on the world, respectively? Why?
4. Please recall the discussion during Session I. Does new technology, such as 4G or 5G, make us prefer being single more? Why or why not?

Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:25pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:25 ~ 9:05pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:05 ~ 9:25pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:25 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
聚會日期:列於該貼文主題內
聚會時間:當天請準時於 6:45 pm 到達 ~ 約 9:30 pm 左右結束
星期三聚會地點:丹堤濟南店
地址、電話:台北市濟南路三段25號 地圖 (02) 2740-2350
捷運站:板南線 忠孝新生站 3 號出口
走法:出忠孝新生站 3 號出口後,沿著巷子(忠孝東路三段10巷)走約 2 分鐘,到了濟南路口,左轉走約 2 分鐘即可看到。
最低消費: 80 元

注意事項:
1. 文章是否需要列印請自行斟酌,但與會者請務必自行列印 Questions for discussion。
2. 與會者請先閱讀過文章,並仔細想過所有的問題,謝謝合作!

給新朋友的話:
1. 請事先準備 2~3 分鐘的英語自我介紹;會議結束前可能會請你發表 1~2 分鐘的感想。
2. 請事先閱讀文章以及主持人所提的討論問題,並事先寫下自己所欲發表意見的英文。
3. 全程以英語進行,參加者應具備中等英語會話能力,對任一討論問題,能夠以 5 到 10 句英文表達個人見解。
4. 在正式加入之前,可以先來觀摩三次,觀摩者亦須參與討論。正式加入需繳交終身會費 NT$1,000。
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 898
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 12/17(Tue) Single or married/ 5G’s world (Host: Morris)

文章 Iris Wu »

We are having a series of discussion on “Relationship” in recent YoYo meetings:
Holly’s “Flirting”, Stephen’s “Loneliness”, Morris’ “Single or Marries” decision and it will come to mine, “Why you will marry the wrong person”!
(Names are associated with their topic and have nothing to do with the reality of each topic. Please don’t overinterpret the pair! :lol: )

If you are good at flirting, and don’t want to die alone, then, “to be single or to get married” is not a difficult decision. But if you understand well about the human design flaws, and enjoy the technological companionship, then staying single can be seriously taken into consideration. :P
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 971
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

being single will be better off when people get old is absolutely a fallacy, because it sounds like it has to be based on two different situations- when somethings go wrong in a marriage at later stage and when everything goes right for an old single person. it will always be better when comparing to something that goes wrong, won't it? :lol:

by the way, i would be very interested to know why you will marry the wrong person!! :P
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

The reason why married people will be better off is that they have been tortured and then survived. As you know "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger."
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
morris25
YOYO member
文章: 65
註冊時間: 週一 5月 07, 2012 8:35 am

文章 morris25 »

1.Iris, Luis, and Rock, thank you for your valuable inputs before the meeting. Also thank very much to all of the participants for your active discussion and presentation. We had 21 participants as follows:
Amy, Annie, Authur, Christine, David, Hever, Iris, Jason, Jeff(New comer), Jimmy, Julian, Kat, Luis, Morris(Host), Sabrina, Sherry(Host's daughter?), Shirley, Steven, Tashi, Wehan, and Winston.

2.Regarding Session I, under the guidance of Iris, the topic was the Part III of Relationship series of our club. I think we all agreed that having a relationship is important even though it is painful sometimes because we do not want to live a lonely life. However, if it is necessary to get married is a harder decision. After my simple survey, 4 out of 6 married participants, and 8 out of 15 unmarried ones, voted for getting married. Therefore, our country still have hope due to more people still preferring getting married.

3.As for Session II, I was surprised that most participants were already very familiar with 5G applications or services. I was especially amazed by so many questions and feedback when I talked about the B2B2X model. I really learned a lot from you. I think one of the beauties of Yoyo's discussion is that we can freely share and learn different ideas from each other in English. Now I even more understand the importance of different aspects or ideas, especially devil's advocate, in a group/team.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 971
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

thank Morris for his professional sharing.

(applause)

by the way, what Rock said sounds like something along the lines of "what can't kill you will make you stronger", doesn't it? that is to say if you are able to survive in a marriage, you will definitely become stronger than ever before!! am i right? :lol:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
回覆文章