5/16 (Sat.) 6 Human needs (Host: Rock)

Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 5/16 (Sat.) 6 Human needs (Host: Rock)

文章 Michael-liu »

Iris Wu 寫:
週六 5月 16, 2020 11:13 am
Michael-liu 寫:
週五 5月 15, 2020 11:00 pm
By the way, in the speech, when one of the audiences said"supreme court", the speaker and all of audiences laughed out loud. That is really funny!
Did you see who was this audience? It's Al Gore!
In 2000, Al Gore lost the presidential election to George W. Bush:
  • "A month-long series of legal battles led to the highly controversial 5–4 Supreme Court decision Bush v. Gore, which ended the recount."
Right, it is really funny!
Yes,Iris, I knew it was Al Gore and knew the background information of the joke. That is why I can undestand the joke is really funny.

I intended not say the name of the audience in order to keep people in suspense. Hehehehe.....^·^
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2161
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

I know that's Al Gore but I didn't know the background story. You guys really know too much....
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Attendees: Rock, Jason, Ron, Iris, Michael, Carmelo, Ryu, Christine, John, Ken, Shirley, Sabrina, Kooper, David, Jerry, Sherry. Thank you for coming.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Michael-liu
YOYO member

文章 Michael-liu »

Rock 寫:
週六 5月 16, 2020 5:42 pm
Attendees: Rock, Jason, Ron, Iris, Michael, Carmelo, Ryu, Christine, John, Ken, Shirley, Sabrina, Kooper, David, Jerry, Sherry. Thank you for coming.
You missed out Julian and Ramesh. ^.^
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Thank you. :mrgreen:
Michael-liu
YOYO member

文章 Michael-liu »

Rock 寫:
週六 5月 16, 2020 1:44 pm
I know that's Al Gore but I didn't know the background story. You guys really know too much....
We may know something you don't, while you may know something we don't.

For example, you may know every animation 宮崎駿 has ever made, while we know little about it. This Japanese animation master is no less significant than Al Gore.

This is what our club is all about. Not only do we share English learning, but also share knowledge and life experience.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

I guess more Taiwanese know Miyazaki than Al Gore. You guys know even more. BTW, is he that guy who invented GoreTex? :mrgreen:
回覆文章