6/30 (Tue.) Meditation / Dreams (Host: Linda)

回覆文章
lindafun
YOYO member
文章: 25
註冊時間: 週二 6月 07, 2011 11:50 am

6/30 (Tue.) Meditation / Dreams (Host: Linda)

文章 lindafun »

Session One: Powerful Benefits Of Guided Meditation & Relaxation

https://medium.com/thrive-global/the-po ... b6c8b72f67

1. Which benefit of meditation mentioned in the article impresses you the most?
2. Have you or your friends tried to do meditation every day? How do they feel?
3. Can you think of other ways to release stress apart from meditation? Share your experiences with us.
*I will provide a 5-minute guided meditation at the end of session one, welcome to join us.
*You can watch the video to practice belly breathing beforehand.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Session Two: 14 Interesting Psychological Facts About Dreams

1. Dreams contain some subconscious messages. Have you ever tried to know the metaphors in your dreams?
2. Have you ever had dreams involved being chased, falling down or arriving late? Do you think it comes from your stress in life?
3. Dreams are helpful in developing creativity and solving problems. Have you ever got any inspiration from your dreams?
4. Have you ever had premonition dreams that comes in real?

Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:00 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 6/30 (Tue.) Meditation / Dreams (Host: Linda)

文章 Rock »

Meditation relieves stress. Finding time to meditate is stressful, though. :?
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Rock 寫:
週一 6月 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Meditation relieves stress. Finding time to meditate is stressful, though. :?
It is ironic to say that meditation alleviates our stress, but finding time to meditate is stressful, but in a sense, it is certainly telling some truth.

Dr. Harari in Homo Deus said, “In ancient times having power meant having access to data. Today having power means knowing what to ignore.”

In the 21st Century, we are overwhelmed by irrelevant information. It’s so easy to lose focus and clear direction. Daily life is full of unachieved goals and unaccomplished tasks. If I want to do meditation, the only thing I am hoping to attain is to live in harmony with my own reality, not to expect any less and certainly not any more than who I am and what I can get.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

That's so true. There's much information that's not simply helpful, but harmful nowadays. That's why I join Yoyo.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Sherry Liao
YOYO member
文章: 1483
註冊時間: 週五 12月 07, 2007 12:15 pm

文章 Sherry Liao »

Iris Wu 寫:
週二 6月 30, 2020 10:09 am
Dr. Harari in Homo Deus said, “In ancient times having power meant having access to data. Today having power means knowing what to ignore.”

In the 21st Century, we are overwhelmed by irrelevant information. It’s so easy to lose focus and clear direction. Daily life is full of unachieved goals and unaccomplished tasks. If I want to do meditation, the only thing I am hoping to attain is to live in harmony with my own reality, not to expect any less and certainly not any more than who I am and what I can get.
That's why we need dreams - according to an article in Time magazine, modern psychologists and neurologists consider dreaming as "the brain’s way of dumping excess data, consolidating important information, keeping us alert to danger and more."

So for those who find it stressful to finding time to meditate, and those who think we are overwhelmed by irrelevant information, it may not be a bad idea to have dreams from time to time -- Linda is really good at arrangement topics :wink:

What Your Dreams Actually Mean, According to Science
https://time.com/4921605/dreams-meaning/
lindafun
YOYO member
文章: 25
註冊時間: 週二 6月 07, 2011 11:50 am

文章 lindafun »

Thanks for joining the meeting today. Maybe we can have a further discussion next time :)
回覆文章