7/7(Tue.)The Best Years of Your Life (Host: David Jr.)

Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 7/7(Tue.)The Best Years of Your Life (Host: David Jr.)

文章 Kooper »

A more pressing question that I am facing is not whether my soul ages faster than physical body. In recent years, I have become more likely to experience mental burn-out. When being hit hard, I would largely lose interest in others and had little to none desire for social interactions. At work, I would phone or text colleagues when stopping by and talking in person was actually a better and more productive approach. Why did I do that? Because I found it difficult for me to smile and relate. Hiding behind calls or texts made communication easier.

Is now the best time of my life? My answer is a clear no.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

文章 Michael-liu »

Kooper,

Last time when you scolded us and said "You guys have gone too far. Take back your messages. I mean all people!", I was very shocked. That was the first time I saw you so angry.

It is good you spoke out your issue in here. Speaking out can relieve people's mental stress and make them feel better.
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 971
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

Iris Wu 寫:
週三 7月 08, 2020 9:20 am
To our host, don't let your mind look older than your body! Age is just a number.
Here comes some food for thought, "When death finds you, may it find you alive!" :)

at first reading, i thought "of course when death found me i would still be alive, otherwise why death found me?", then i found out what it really means. though it's kind of a cliche, still well said really.. :ccry:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

But it would be so hard to give up if Death finds you and you are still very alive. It's better that Death finds you on the second day when you are no longer alive. 8)
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Kooper 寫:
週三 7月 08, 2020 1:17 pm
...At work, I would phone or text colleagues when stopping by and talking in person was actually a more natural and effective approach. Why did I do that? Because I found it difficult for me to smile and relate....
If it's about work, then I believe it's not an unusual thing. Although regaining the passion is better, many people still live with it.

As for the Kooper I know, it's not that case at all. You are the one who is most friendly, most thoughtful and most balanced. I didn't mention you being intelligent and charismatic because I don't want people to think I have a crush on you. :mrgreen:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
David Jr.
Vice President
文章: 257
註冊時間: 週二 8月 19, 2003 12:07 am
來自: Lonely Planet
聯繫:

文章 David Jr. »

Iris Wu 寫:
週三 7月 08, 2020 9:20 am
To our host, don't let your mind look older than your body! Age is just a number.
Here comes some food for thought, "When death finds you, may it find you alive!" :)
Thanks, Iris.
Here is a tribute to your message.
回覆文章