11/24(Tue.)10 Way to Build Boundaries(Host:Linda)

回覆文章
lindafun
YOYO member
文章: 25
註冊時間: 週二 6月 07, 2011 11:50 am

11/24(Tue.)10 Way to Build Boundaries(Host:Linda)

文章 lindafun »

Session One: 10 Way to Build and Preserve Better Boundaries

https://psychcentral.com/lib/10-way-to- ... oundaries/

1. Can you identify your physical and mental limits and set good boundaries?
2. Will you feel guilty when you say no to others when they cross the boundary?
3. Is your family background or environment makes it hard for you to maintain healthy boundaries?
4. Putting yourself first gives you the energy to be more present with others. What’s your tips of practicing self-care?

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Session Two: 7 Things You Should Never Apologize For

1. Can you enjoy spending your hard-earned money on things you love without guilt?
2. Can you be truly yourself without worrying other people’s judgement when pursuing happiness?
3. Have you tried to end a relationship with a toxic person? How do you feel?
4. Will you ask for help when you really need it?

Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:00 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 894
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 11/24(Tue.)10 Way to Build Boundaries(Host:Linda)

文章 Iris Wu »

I wish I had learned these topics when I was in my 20’s. Setting boundaries is to make it clear that how you want to be treated. Those who can state their boundaries clearly are usually the ones who know themselves well and are very assertive, too. If they are articulate in communicating their “boundaries”, they are usually highly effective in every aspect of their lives.

For many of us who are still learning to build boundaries, the most challenging work is to understand ourselves well. Knowing oneself and clearly defining it is such a fundamental factor to set successful people apart from the rest.
lindafun
YOYO member
文章: 25
註冊時間: 週二 6月 07, 2011 11:50 am

Re: 11/24(Tue.)10 Way to Build Boundaries(Host:Linda)

文章 lindafun »

Attendees: Miller, Chris, Steve, Shirley, Amy, Morris, Iris, Eric, Sylvia, Linda
回覆文章