I've Joined Yoyo for more than one year and I made a lot of good friends.
Maybe some of you have already heard about the toxic friendship I had before joining yoyo.
So, This topic has already been in my mind for a long time And it'll exist along with those precious memories forever.
Session 1 : Toxic Friendship
How to Liberate Yourself from Social Anxiety | Vanessa Van Edwards on Impact Theory
- Ambivalent relationship(25:59 ~29:45)
- Have you ever faced a relationship that drains you so hard? Share with your tablemate
- Besize the 11 signs in the article, is there any other thing that makes you think friendship is unhealthy? which one is the most you care about? why?
- Each Group has a core value to have people connect to each other. What kind of those you've been involved in ? What is(are) the core value of Yoyo?
Session 2 : How to Handle It?
- When do you figure out it's an unhealthy relationship?
- What's your strategy? (Take space for yourself, Be direct, Set boundaries, leave..........)
- We've faced many members not come to meeting anymore, Do you know what are the reasons that make them don't want to show up? any suggestion?
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:00 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements
Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.