1/5 (Tue.) Mixed topics (Host: Tashi)

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 131
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

1/5 (Tue.) Mixed topics (Host: Tashi)

文章 tashi »

Happy New Year everyone!

In my mind, I got some topics that interest me and instead of pick one of them to expand, I'd like to have them all to discuss with you.

For the session I (1900~1940), like I did last two times, let's make it a warm-up session, and here are some ideas for you to begin:

1. What are the most two important things you've achieved or you care most about in 2020? How were they going?
2. What happened last year shocked you the most? A thing or a phenomenon both counts.
3. What would be the two most important things in your mind to manage and expect at least to reach a milestone in 2021? Or you are confident to make it for even 3 or more important things?
4. How many and what kind of clubs have you joined since you were a student? YOYO English Club of course is one of them and like me, I am also in TRC (Trail Running Club). Try to name them and share how you joined them and what activities you had in those clubs.
5. Are you living with your families or you live alone in your own house or you rent a house/suite? What household appliances do you have and among them what do you think is necessary?
6. Continue from 5, what brands do you use for your household appliances? Any recommendation and the reason?

For the session II (1945 ~ 2040), I try to make the topics larger.

1. How would you define "residence justice" in this modern society?

a. What should be included and satisfied?
b. What problem do we have compared to the definition you list in a?
c.

2. From what you have reviewed in session I, what clubs are still part of your life?

a. How much time do you spend on them?
b. Have you learned anything through joining those clubs?
c. Sometimes it's not a club yet but you still got some friends with the same interests in something and you do it together. What are the differences between this kind of group and club?

3. For those important things you've managed in 2020 and to manage in 2021, which of them is directly connected to your ideal life and which of them is more like being pushed by some stress from outside (company, family..)?

4. I am still moved when I see the following movie line:

Just because someone stumbles and loses their way doesn’t mean that they’re lost forever.- Charles Xavier, X-Men: Days of Future Past

Please try to share some lines you know that worth quoting from movies, books, and your wise friends and share them to your members and the incoming attendees. Let's get the blessing from those together.

===========================================================================================
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
(Session I)
7:00 ~ 7:40pm Warm up session (40 mins)
7:40 ~ 7:45pm regroup and break (5 mins)
(Session II)
7:45 ~ 8:40pm group discussion
8:40 ~ 8:55pm presentation (15 mins)
============================================================================================
Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate their ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
tashi
文章: 131
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

Re: 1/5 (Tue.) Mixed topics (Host: Tashi)

文章 tashi »

Attendees:

Tashi (Host)
Iris
Shirley
Sherry
Miller
Chris
David (Speaker)
Julian
Sylvia
Liwen (Speaker)

Thank you for coming on this rainy day. Wish you the best for the whole year.
回覆文章