3/6 (Sat.) Hal Elrod, SAVERS (Host: Laura)

回覆文章
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 343
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am
聯繫:

3/6 (Sat.) Hal Elrod, SAVERS (Host: Laura)

文章 Laura »

Dear all,

This also is an honor to me since the last hosting. :mrgreen:   Today we are going to talk about Hal Elrod's "The Miracle Morning", which can help we design strong habits that will improve our health and finance !

Session one : 

How to Revolutionize Your Life In One Simple Way — The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod

https://sarahcy.medium.com/how-to-revol ... 41e73fe005

Introduction: My Story, and Why Yours is the One That Matters

Hal Elrod has been through some challenges in life:

*At the age of 20, in 1999, he was the top sales rep of a hundred-million-dollar marketing company, on top of the world. Then he got into a near-fatal car crash, died for six minutes, and spent a year recovering.
*After recovery, he became an inspirational speaker, impacting youth and continuing his marketing career.
*In 2006, he wrote his first book, it hit #7 on Amazon’s bestseller list, and his publisher stole all of his money. He also decided to become a business success coach.
*In 2007, when the US economy crashed, he went into a financial hole, lost half his income and was nearly half a million dollars in debt.
*In 2008, he began to study successful people’s morning routines and developed the Miracle Morning.
*In 2009, he got married and had a kid. He shared his findings about the Miracle Morning, which spread like crazy.
*More recently, he’s been tackling cancer.

Chapter 6. The Life S.A.V.E.R.S.? Six Practices Guaranteed to Save You From a Life of Unfulfilled Potential
Here are the 6 components of the Miracle morning
S is for Silence
A is for Affirmations
V is for Visualization
E is for Exercise
R is for Reading
S is for Scribing

======================

Q1. In the morning, what thing wakes you up, e.g. an alarm clock/ mobile phone/ motivation/ business order ? 
Q2. Have you ever designed habits to overcome some challenges in life ?  Please tell us what they are ?
Q3. More recently, Hal Elrod has been tackling cancer.  If I were Elrod, I would adopt SAVERS components. How about you? Which one of the components may you use more often ? 

Session two :

THE MIRACLE MORNING by Hal Elrod / core message 

======================

Q4. In this 6-habits' video, the only physical practice is E(Exercise).  What kind of exercise do you intend to take ? 

Q5. What is your affirmation ?   I ___  will  be ___ .  
The last S, what are you willing to write besides job ? 

Q6. Please kindly provide your life SAVERS as detailed as possible ?  

Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
最後由 Laura 於 週三 3月 03, 2021 1:29 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2631
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 3/6 (Sat.) Hal Elrod, SAVERS (Host: Laura)

文章 Kooper »

I just learnt that article of the first session is actually very detailed book notes and thus is quite lengthy. If you happen to not have enough time to go through it with a fine-tooth comb, a shortcut is to read the chapter 6 first. Hope this helps. :wink:

BTW, the video clip in the 2nnd session demonstrates how to execute the SAVERS in real life. It is also a short and sweet summary of the ideas behind SAVERS.
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 343
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am
聯繫:

文章 Laura »

Thank Kooper, you provided valuable inf. :ssmile:

After meeting, I can offer Guidance with film for your reference.
It's Chinese. :sun:

https://medium.com/@candyshiau/%E5%B0%8 ... 3de2187002
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2631
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

Attendees(11): Debbie, Dai (newcomer), Kooper, Jerry, Alice, Gloria, Tashi, Howard, Theresa (newcomer), Shirley, Laura (host)

Speaker: Debbie, Kooper, Alice, Howard, Shirley, Theresa
回覆文章