(Online) 8/7(Sat.) Olympics Tokyo 2020 | Having your own house (Host: Tashi)

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

(Online) 8/7(Sat.) Olympics Tokyo 2020 | Having your own house (Host: Tashi)

文章 tashi »

Hi All,

My pleasure to host again:

Session I. Olympics Tokyo 2020

This is my first time watching the Olympics so it’s a memorable moment for me.

Here are some questions below that I hope may be helpful for our discussion:

1. What is the spirit of the Olympic Games in your opinion? Please list the principles and share some cases that fit your principles with your group members.
2. How many medals has Taiwan won this time?
3. Among our champions, who missed the opportunity of getting metals in your opinion/observation? And why was that?
4. How many kinds of games are there in this Olympics?
a. Share what you know and check them out
b. How many have you played?
c. Any games/sports you think are missing in the current Olympics?
5. What are your thoughts about our champions flying economic class to Japan while the government officers taking business class?
6. In your observation, how should we improve the policies to help local athletes?
7. What are some of the reasons why Japan didn’t want to postpone or cancel this Olympics? Is hosting the Olympics also a good business?
8. Any terminologies good to know about the competitions? Like 賽末點、局點、非受迫性失誤....Let’s learn!
9. Anything else you are interested in sharing with your group members.

Session II. Having your own house?

Soon I’ll be moving from my current apartment nearby Jingan station to Daan Park station because the current one will undertake urban renewal next year.

I can’t help recalling my memory of the houses I had lived in. From 2007, 6 months in Neihu nearby 來來豆漿, till now, Daan will be the 7th location. And I spent the longest time in Banqiao for over 7 years.

For those people that are rich enough to buy anything, this is not an issue. For most of us, to own our home is not easy, not to mention an ideal house that we could imagine. I still think that buying my own house may not be necessary, but I also have to admit that during the 12 years of "Nomadland", I have a hard time convincing myself to stay in the same place in Tamsui, a tiny 2.5m x 3m room with $2.8K NTD per month. That would be like living in a damp jail.

However, is having my own place necessary? Is it a "rigid demand" or should I just try to earn more and live in a spacious place and migrate every few years?

Some questions that I could think of to have this discussion:

1. For members that have bought their apartment, did you:
a. inherit or buy yourselves?
b. 100% handle your down payment or get support from your family?
c. treat it as an investment?
d. How many years have you owned it?
e. How long is the mortgage?

2. For members renting a house like me:
a. Are you working hard/saving money hard to earn your down payments? OR is this not a “rigid demand” for you?
b. What percentage is your monthly rent in relation to your monthly income? If it goes higher, at what point would you start considering buying a house?

3. For our female members, would you consider “owning your own home” with your significant other? For instance, “no house, no marriage,” “no house, no children,” or “I just want him/her?”

4. I think as long as it’s affordable, buying a house would be a non-issue for anyone. What are your thoughts about buying real estates in foreign countries?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:
3:50 ~ 4:00 pm Zoom App testing and setup / Free Talk
4:00 ~ 4:10 pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 5:10 pm Lecture + Quick Discussion Session (60 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15 pm Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55 pm Regrouping / Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20 pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30 pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Additional info:
➤ If you don't have Zoom:
Please download, install and test the Zoom App BEFORE the meeting. If you're using it for the first time or having trouble during the testing, please come into the meeting 15 minutes before the meeting time for assistance.
➤ You can choose to turn on your camera or only the audio for the meeting.
➤ To download Zoom: https://zoom.us/download
➤ Please get the Zoom Meeting Link from YoYo Line Group. If you are a newcomer, please contact to yoyo.club.tw@gmail.com
回覆文章