(ONLINE) 9/7 (Tues) Staycation and Slow Travel (Host: Annie)

回覆文章
Annie Zhang
YOYO member
文章: 24
註冊時間: 週四 2月 09, 2012 12:03 am

(ONLINE) 9/7 (Tues) Staycation and Slow Travel (Host: Annie)

文章 Annie Zhang »

圖檔

Hi all:

The term "staycation", originally from United States, the idea was born in the shadow crisis, back in 2008. During the COVID-19 pandemic, long-distance or international trips were no longer feasible for many people. Therefore, staycations became especially relevant during this time.

Staycation is a neologism serving from the contraction of “stay” and “vacation”. The idea behind is to take days off and stay near the place you live rather than travelling to another place. 

A staycation is an ecological way of spending your vacation close to your home. It is synonymous with less pollution, saving money and not contributing to the overwhelming chaos that takes place in some of the world’s most touristic areas. Wanna have a staycation?

Articles :

1.What Is Staycation: Discover The Latest Trend In Sustainable Tourism

2.The rise of ‘slow travel’: What is it and who is it for?

3.54 Things To Do On A Staycation in Your Home Town

Session I
  • Q1. Have you ever heard “staycation”? Have you tried doing a staycation?
  • Q2. If you can choose one of staycations below, which one do you prefer and why?

a) A small dive into Tainan
    b) Enjoy hot spring in Tamsui
    c) Stay at a unique B&B in Hualien
  • Q3. On the article 3, it provides 54 things to do on a staycation, which one would you like to do?

Session II
  • Q4. According to a survey by Singapore Airlines, it reveals 75% of people would be interested in purchasing a Flycation package, taking you from point A to point A. How about you? Would you be interested in buying a Flycation?
  • Q5. If you have a 7 days off, what will you plan to do during your staycation with the limitations caused by COVID-19. What is the perfect staycation?
  • Q6. Have you heard of Slow Travel? Do you prefer fast-paced or slow-paced travel?
6:50 ~ 7:00 pm Zoom App testing and setup / Free Talk
7:00 ~ 7:10 pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50 pm Discussion and sharing Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:00 pm Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:00 ~ 8:40 pm Discussion and sharing Session (40 mins)
8:40 ~ 8:50 pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:50 ~ 9:00 pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Additional info:
➤ If you don't have Zoom:
Please download, install and test the Zoom App BEFORE the meeting. If you're using it for the first time or having trouble during the testing, please come into the meeting 15 minutes before the meeting time for assistance.
➤ You can choose to turn on your camera or only the audio for the meeting.
➤ To download Zoom: https://zoom.us/download
➤ Please get the Zoom Meeting Link from YoYo Line Group. If you are a newcomer, please contact to yoyo.club.tw@gmail.com
hollywang1991
YOYO member
文章: 21
註冊時間: 週六 12月 01, 2018 9:37 pm

Re: (ONLINE) 9/7 (Tues) Staycation and Slow Travel (Host: Annie)

文章 hollywang1991 »

Love this topic! I really need a staycation 8) 8) 8)
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 898
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: (ONLINE) 9/7 (Tues) Staycation and Slow Travel (Host: Annie)

文章 Iris Wu »

I am going to have a staycation today in 萬里! :lol:
Hope I can be back in time to attend the meeting!
回覆文章