9/25 (Sat) The future of money: Fintech, digital money, and cryptocurrency (Host: Kat)

回覆文章
頭像
Kat C
文章: 371
註冊時間: 週三 9月 08, 2010 10:31 am

9/25 (Sat) The future of money: Fintech, digital money, and cryptocurrency (Host: Kat)

文章 Kat C »

圖檔

Dear friends,

I'm back for another monthly blast—this time all about money! 💵 :sun:

Yesterday on CNBC one headline went, "Robinhood to launch cryptocurrency wallets as bitcoin becomes a bigger part of business."

Robinhood. Cryptocurrency wallets. Bitcoin. To get this latest big move by one of the biggest brokerage game changers of the moment, one has to first grasp at least three concepts: fintech, digital wallet, and cryptocurrency. No small feat.

But things are moving fast in the macro and micro money world. The financial landscape is changing as we speak—while we see El Salvador becoming the first country to adopt Bitcoin as an official currency, most of us are still asking: who's got Bitcoin?

Will the "new money"—digital, instant, borderless, or even blockchain-based, replace national currencies? Will fintech dismantle traditional financial services? What's the future of money, or will there even be money as we know it? Let's talk!

--------------------**☽☾**----------**☽☾**----------**☽☾**-------------------

📌 All about the new money:

➤ What is fintech? (CNBC Explains / 3 mins)

➤ Could digital currencies put banks out of business? (The Economist / 11 mins)

➤ Crypto: will the bitcoin dream succeed? | The Economist

➤ Bitcoin takes a tumble amid market sell-off (CNBC / 5 mins)

➤ Inside The Cryptocurrency Revolution (VICE News / 14 mins)

➤ Robinhood to launch cryptocurrency wallets as bitcoin becomes a bigger part of business (CNBC)

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/22/robinho ... iness.html

Already overwhelmed? Fear not. We'll start with what use and what we know about money. :lol:

📌 Idiom Blast No. 7

Money is many things, and there're endless ways it shows up in the everyday language. Here're some that you should know:

• At a premium
• At all costs
• At the drop of a dime
• Back on your feet
• Bang for your buck
• Beyond your means
• Blank check
• Cut your losses
• Deadbeat
• Dime a dozen
• Dollar for dollar
• Pick up the tab
• Feel the pinch
• Give someone a run for their money

If I had a nickel for every time I heard the word "money," I would be rich! :lol:

Agenda:

3:30 ~ 4:00pm Zoom App testing and setup / Free talk
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 5:10pm Discussion and activities
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Break
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 6:20pm Discussion and activities
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding remarks / Announcements

李昰翰
YOYO member
文章: 34
註冊時間: 週一 12月 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: 9/25 (Sat) The future of money: Fintech, digital money, and cryptocurrency (Host: Kat)

文章 李昰翰 »

Bring to top
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2653
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 9/25 (Sat) The future of money: Fintech, digital money, and cryptocurrency (Host: Kat)

文章 Kooper »

Here are some of the idioms I just looked up. Hopefully this could save save some of your time preparing for the meeting. :)

bang for your buck: if you get more, better, etc. bang for your buck, you get better value for the money you spend
Ex: That restaurant is great, and the prices are very reasonable—you get a lot of bang for your buck.

back on one's feet: to recover from financial problems
Ex: Now that I've paid off my credit card debt, I'm finally back on my feet.

at the drop of a dime: If you do something at the drop of a dime you do it very fast, pretty much instantaneously, without too much thought, planning, or hesitation.
Ex: I am not asking you to get this done at the drop of a dime. Please take your time but give me the best work possible.

pick up the tab: to pay for something, especially when it is not your responsibility to pay
Ex: I know it's old-fashioned, but I still think a guy should pick up the tab on a first date.

feel the pinch: to have financial difficulties, especially because you are not making as much money as you used to make
Ex: When my father lost his job and we had to live on my mother's earnings, we really started to feel the pinch.

at a premium: If you buy or sell something at a premium, you buy or sell it at a higher price than usual, for example because it is in short supply
Ex: This new sports car sells at a premium because so many people want to buy it.
回覆文章