10/9(Sat) Blow out the candle and make a wish (Host: Alice Lin)

回覆文章
李昰翰
YOYO member
文章: 50
註冊時間: 週一 12月 17, 2018 8:37 pm

10/9(Sat) Blow out the candle and make a wish (Host: Alice Lin)

文章 李昰翰 »

Topic: Blow out the candle and make a wish!!

Do you remember what you did on your last birthday? Do you still remember the wish you made? I believe that no matter who you are, you must get your own special day—birthday, and much or less have some interesting story about your own birthday.

Also, have you ever been told that” Don’t tell anyone the third birthday wish, or it will not come true” Have you ever thought about the reason?

Hope you enjoy this topic and get a lot of fun today.

Video: How to make wish on your birthday?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_eb059lWCw

Video: Why You Shouldn't Tell People About Your Goals - College Info Geek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdm5xSZiOA

Article: THE FIRST RULE OF ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS? DON’T TALK ABOUT YOUR GOALS!
http://www.stoutmagazine.com/fresh-star ... our-goals/

Session one questions:

1.What is the most impressive birthday experience for you? It can be a happy memory or a sad tragedy.

2.Do you have your own ceremony to celebrate birthday for yourself?

3.If your imagination can come true, what's your imagination for your following birthday? Try to describe the plan for your forthcoming birthday as clear as possible. You can use the formula "HOW to do WHAT with WHOM at WHERE on WHEN for WHY".

Session two questions:
4.Do you make wishes on your birthday? Have you ever made any wish come true or you heard someone got it? What's the story?

5.Before reading the material above, what do you think about the special third wish? Do you tend to be more serious on it?

6.Do you always talk to others about your goal? Or you prefer to keep it in your mind? Or it may depend on what kind of the things are? Please share your opinions with us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
最後由 李昰翰 於 週五 10月 01, 2021 6:07 pm 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。
李昰翰
YOYO member

Re: 10/9(Sat) Blow out the candle and make a wish (Host: Alice Lin)

文章 李昰翰 »

Bring to top
頭像
Laura
YOYO member
文章: 351
註冊時間: 週二 12月 16, 2003 10:28 am

文章 Laura »

This posting is an awesome and special amoung YoYo topics.

Alice, you're smarter / braver than you believe :ssmile:
The best teacher is child,
the worst mistake for one is to abandon oneself,
the greatest treasure in the world is love!
李昰翰
YOYO member

文章 李昰翰 »

Hi, Alice, thank you for bringing us a life-centric topic, Blow out the candle and make a wish,associated with birthday for which is surely an essential activity in life journey. It can be of a fun topic corresponding to the forthcoming national birthday of our country, the double-tenth festival, a much larger birthday.

From everyone’s first birthday, the ceremonious day always gather people connected or associated with her/him in life. Then, a birthday becomes a good occasion not only for family but also for social connection. With such a pleasurable cerebration, the attendees of a birthday party show their sincere wishes to the birthday girl / boy. Sometimes, the participants also bring gifts to the host of the birthday party which could be expected much peculiarly by the birthday kids. For a lifelong trip, everyone could have plenty of birthday parties which might be good notes in different stages of individual’s life stories. Do you still remember those birthday parties recording the wishes you made for those expectations or plans you hope to accomplish? How many of them finally come true? What does a birthday mean to you? Those memories could be good catalysts for you to taste those great pleasures you enjoyed over the past, and back to present, what are the wishes you expect for your next birthday? Are birthday wishes correlated with the aspiration or objectives in life matter you the most. You might have unforgettable stories to share….

Wish you an enjoyable hosting in the coming meeting which is going to bring in numberless pleasures for all....
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

My introvert personality makes me less likely to announce personal goals, especially when it comes to major life goals. Even if I mention it to friends, I usually don’t reveal important details. For instance, when talking about career goals, I would simply say that I intend to climb the corporate ladder in a few years without specifying what number of years it is and what managerial level I’d like to achieve. Unwittingly, it seems I am doing the goal stuff the right way.

I however don’t mind sharing smaller goals, such as doing workout at least once a week. Sometimes making a goal public even helps me act toward it. If I tell friends that I’m thinking about going on a hike on the coming weekend, chances actually go higher that I’ll do it.

I guess there is no single answer to the rule of setting goal. Both the type of goal and our traits matter.

What’s equally important regarding goals is execution. Splitting a challenging goal into smaller targets and ask ourselves to take one step a time could make an intimidating objective much more achievable.
回覆文章