11/6 (Sat.) (Host: Tashi) Recent Big News | Mental Food

回覆文章
tashi
文章: 148
註冊時間: 週二 11月 03, 2015 11:07 pm

11/6 (Sat.) (Host: Tashi) Recent Big News | Mental Food

文章 tashi »

On these desperate raining days, my jogging and hiking exercise schedules are interrupted. Sad~ :cry:
Trying to be productive, I decided to start composing the material for this meeting.

Session I. Recent Big News

Recently I am kind of feeling usual from some events so that I was wondering that you must also have some thoughts that we could discuss. So here we go:

Some events for your reference:
Kaohsiung城中城 fire took 46 lives
Drowning disasters (not even single accident, 虎寮潭, Hualien北濱, and some others in the link below)
https://news.ltn.com.tw/news/society/br ... ws/3233487
49 people were killed in the Taroko derail tragedy
Legislator 陳柏惟 was recalled (The first legislator got recalled as 韓國瑜 being the first city mayor got recalled)
846 citizens were killed by COVID-19
Stand Up Comedy 龍雞K sexual bullying event

1. Did you aware of all those events (or even more)? Share and sync with your table members.

2. Among all those tragedies, what is your angle, and how do you feel?

3. For public servants to be recalled seems easier than it was. What do you think is the reason and should we modify the regulation about this?

Session II. Mental Food

Our body is an input/output system that we have to digest different sorts of vital food to be healthy. As we all know, mental and physical health is highly correlated. So what is the mental food we are having? We might share some in common but let's share our individual choices and how we manage them.

1. What could be counted as your mental food? (listening to music, reading some books, taking exercises, enjoying delicious cuisine, trying to master a skill, hanging out with friends and our families.. and spending a whole night watching a TV series?)

2. How much resource did you put on for absorbing your mental food? (time, money, body energy..)

3. How do you feel about the price performance? Is the cost worth the payoff? Which is the best?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:30pm Introduction and preparation
4:30~4:50 VR practice with English speaking 1
4:50 ~ 5:00pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:10 ~ 5:20 Introduction and preparation
5:20 ~ 5:40 pm Group discussion
5:40~6:10 VR practice with English speaking 2&3
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Sharing (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
2. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 11/6 (Sat.) (Host: Tashi) Recent Big News | Mental Food

文章 Kooper »

I was curious whether mental food is a common expression and googled it. Someone happened to ask the same question on the Internet, and they got various alternatives – food for the mind, food for thoughts, intellectual nourishment, mental snacks, to name a few. After further googling, I reached the conclusion that none of them truly fits your definition. So, here you go with my own expression: activities that we do to keep mental health. :)
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 11/6 (Sat.) (Host: Tashi) Recent Big News | Mental Food

文章 Kooper »

What do I usually do at leisure? Well, it is a bit tricky to please myself even when I am supposed to be just laid-back and have fun.

A proper allocation among entertainment and productivity is often necessary to keep me in a good mood. Even though I am pretty much an indoor person, spending a whole day at home makes me feel trapped. While I lead a relatively sedentary life, completely doing away with modest exercise saddens me.

All in all, I have to admit that my mind is pretty high-maintenance.
回覆文章