2/22(Tue) How to stay productive?( Host: Alice Chou )

回覆文章
AliceChou
文章: 4
註冊時間: 週二 11月 16, 2021 2:22 pm

2/22(Tue) How to stay productive?( Host: Alice Chou )

文章 AliceChou »

Have you ever looked up at the clock at the end of the workday and felt that you just didn’t get enough done? Are you working extra hours nights and weekends and still not hitting your target outcome? Why is it that you haven’t yet discovered how to be more efficient at work or study?

Everyone wants more time. Efficiency is one way of adding minutes or hours to your day. Do you have your own productivity tips to share with us? Join the meeting and tell us how you stay productive!

Reading Materials:
9 Habits Of Productive People
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/ ... cae5df2d3f
A Guide to Managing Your (Newly) Remote Workers
https://hbr.org/2020/03/a-guide-to-mana ... te-workers

Session I.
Q1. Do you think willpower is a key factor to being efficient? How do you develop the discipline to follow this routine? Give us an example of good habits you have developed?

Q2. Is mobile device a distraction when you are working or studying? Do you have smartphone addiction? How many hours do you frequently check texts, emails, social media, or apps per day?

Q3. How do you manage both at work and home? Do you balance well between your career and family life?

Session II.
Q4. Is your workday packed with unproductive meetings? What are the factors that contribute to a time-wasting meeting?

Q5. The Covid-19 crisis created a sudden need for business to start working from home, how did your company manage remote workers? Did you keep yourself disciplined during work from home? what are the pros and cons of working from home?

Q6. What do efficient people have in common? How to be more productive?
******************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:00 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 2/22(Tue) How to stay productive?( Host: Alice Chou )

文章 Rock »

I found one of the cases that lowers my productivity is from others. Because this stupid civil servant system has some stupid people sticking to "rules" to justify their low efficiency and I have to comply with them. It's so frustrating.

The easy way to solve the problem is to join them, though. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 898
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Years ago in the USA, I noticed that two government agencies could be ranked the least efficient ones: DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) and the immigration office. You would need to take a whole day off to get a trivia thing done in those two offices. The two agencies issue different IDs. I guess there weren’t any KPIs to motivate them to work effectively. Their KPIs were probably opposed to the ones in business world: the fewer and the slower the ID cards issued, the better. :)
Incentives are the essential driving force of productivity and efficiency.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

文章 Kooper »

When it comes to boosting productivity at work, Elon Musk once offered seven truly useful tips. Among them, three are related to meetings; the sheer number of advice demonstrates how prevalent and severe it is that meetings have become a major source of low unproductivity.

What are the three pieces of advice?

1. Stop holding big, long meetings
2. Reduce the frequency of meetings
3. Leave meetings if you’re not contributing anything
回覆文章