3/1 (Tue.) The future of VR (host: Rock)

回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

3/1 (Tue.) The future of VR (host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

I'm hosting this topic because I'm doing it now and so in love with it. But my HTC Vive set is a bit old and bulky to be taken to Dante and setting up can be a problem, too. It is worth the trouble if I can make it run there anyway. So, see you in the metaverse on Tuesday, hopefully. 8)

Session One

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmar ... 483b727be

1. Internet was not as useful as now when it was introduced to Taiwan 25 years ago. What could internet do for you then? What can it do for you now? What are the things that you could already predict at that time for its development? Is there anything that internet can do now actually surprises you which was beyond your imagination? What can we see on the internet in the future?

2. Have you tried VR? Was you impressed when you tried it? What can VR do now? What do you think or hope VR can do in the future?
2.1 Would you try Birdly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWLHIusLWOc How much money would you spend on Birdly? (Read the comments of the video before you dismiss it.)
2.2 Would you try Pucchokun? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN5bW8fgJuU How much would you spend on it? (Be sure to read those remarkable comments under that youtube video, too.)

3. Please think of a creative VR use and share your invention with us.

Session Two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFPB6q5mPqo
https://www.oculus.com/blog/connect-future-of-work-vr/

4. Virtual Reality may become another reality in the future that people work and live in it. Some people may think it's easier, more productive, and even more fun. Do you agree? Would you do your current job in VR someday?
Why or why not?

5. What are some of the problems of VR that you can see? Do we need laws to regulate VR use in the future?

6. Some people may prefer Virtual Reality to real reality in the future, that they would spend more time in the headset rather than in real life. Is it a good thing or bad thing? Should kids be taught to spend less time in it or do it more?

******************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:00 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
CarmenTao
YOYO member
文章: 94
註冊時間: 週四 6月 19, 2008 9:51 am
來自: 內湖

Re: 3/1 (Tue.) The future of VR (host: Rock)

文章 CarmenTao »

See you then.

Carmen
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Welcome la!! :D :D
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 899
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

I was too young to know how internet did for Taiwan 25 years ago (Haha!), but I don’t want to miss the boat again this time. If there are any opportunities to know the future of internet, I would have no second thought to jump on the bandwagon.

Last time, Rock showed us the use of Google AR by inviting a tiger into our meeting room, which is so interesting and fun. I wonder if we can have a demo tonight.

As we know, the current AR/VR has been applied mainly n games and some entertainment industries. Will it be just a hype and limit its expansion to other fields? Personally, I don’t think so, or I see the realistic benefits as well and hope it can be extended to many other applications, such as in academic, education, medical, work and socializing.

The world is only moving forward. We can be more thoughtful and try our best in preventing any fallouts of new technology and innovation, instead of being stubborn to resist it. It is better to change our fixed mindset and allow a growth mindset to flourish.

FB YoYo English Club:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/375409345815954
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 899
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

It was great to find out that YoYo is not just a fun learning group, but also full of entrepreneurial spirit!

To Jonnie, what do you think about these products?
10 Awesome Things You Can Do In VR Other than Gaming!
#2: AR Shopping site, Trillenium, is it close to what you were thinking? I haven't studied their services in great detail, but I think the whole AR industry is still in its infant stage. The market is still up for grabs. Go! Go!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Many thanks for your participation.

Iris, Carmen, Christ, Shirley, Sherry, Luis, Johnny, Miller, Steve, Julia, Liwen, Jerry, Carmelo, Rock.
回覆文章