5/3 (Tue.) Deepfake is coming. (Host: Rock)

回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

5/3 (Tue.) Deepfake is coming. (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

We will have Tom first.

Why Deepfakes Are A Net Positive For Humanity

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonchand ... ae63652f84

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/j ... f-business
https://towardsdatascience.com/positive ... f510056387

Questions
Session One
1. What was the first time of your deepfake experience? What did you feel, and why?

2. Why deepfake is useful for movie industry? What can be done with this technology? Will actors lose their jobs because of it? What genres of movies are likely to use this technology more and what genres less? Would you like a movie with a lot of deepfake?

3. A future social media of deepfake would allow people to use some faces they like as their avatars. Do you like it? Would you like to make new friends in a deepfake social media? What are the good things and bad things about it?

Session Two
4. Do you trust a news report if the anchor is a deepfake? How about music? Would you love the songs from an unreal singer? Would people worship their deepfake pop idols?

5. Now this is for fun and creativity: if you owned a company with advanced deepfake technology, what would you do to MAKE MONEY out of it? Please think of as many uses as you can, be they good or bad or evil. :lol:

6. Please check out the ethical or criminal problems from the bad or evil money making deepfake of yours in question No.5. Do you have a solution for them? Are there some deepfake applications so bad or dangerous that they should be totally banned? Will they happen in the future? What kind of troubles would they cause?

Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
9:00 ~ 9:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
9:20 ~ 9:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 88548972682
Password: 784362
Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/88548972682...
#YoyoEnglishClub

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

Re: 5/3 (Tue.) Deepfake is coming. (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

Hi, I've got my topic for tomorrow done. Because we are talking about AI image processing, I'd like to invite you guys to try artbreeder. It's easy and fascinating, and of course, for free. :lol: At least for the beginning.
https://www.artbreeder.com/beta/browse
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 898
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

This is pretty jaw-dropping stuff!
I would love to see its application in English learning. Imagine that we can create all sorts of scenarios and interact with different players in an all-English environment, will you still come to YoYo meetings?

Yeah, the Deepfake will be like many other technical innovations, driving some industries out of business. Making movies and games will be in a totally different landscape. Medical or any other industry that requires heavy simulation can all benefit from the technology.

Deepfake can learn our physical features now, down the road, is it going to learn our mental model or thinking process? It would be fun to have "me" and "Deepfake me" make a decision in the same scenario. Will the "Deepfake me" say and do things even more "rational" than the real "me"?
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

According to the database it collected from you, it might be as confused as you, about itself. :lol:
回覆文章