5/31 (Tue.) Let’s have a gaming night! (Host: Jessica)

回覆文章
jerryozoz
YOYO member
文章: 61
註冊時間: 週二 8月 06, 2019 2:18 pm

5/31 (Tue.) Let’s have a gaming night! (Host: Jessica)

文章 jerryozoz »

Session 1: Situation Puzzle
A situation puzzle, also called a lateral thinking puzzle, is a game played with at least two people, and begins with a sentence describing a scene that is unusual or intriguing. The person describing the scene knows the answer to the question, “What’s going on here?” The other player(s) attempt to find that out, by asking only yes-or-no questions. (If Yes or No are inadequate, answers such as Unanswerable, Be More Specific, or That Depends are permissible.)
圖檔

Session 2: This New Social App Is Boring, in a Good Way
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/10/styl ... media.html
Video: BeReal - Just your Friends, for Real.
Video: Why You Should Download BeReal (Before It’s Too Late)
圖檔
Q1. Are you addicted to social media (Facebook, Instragram, Twitter)? Why or why not?
Q2. We know people always share their “postive side” of life on the social media. Do you believe the posts? Have you revealed “true colors” under those beautiful photos or words
Q3. Do you agree BeReal App is going to dominate social media?
Q4. After knowing the difference of BeReal from other social medias. Would you like to try and download it?
Q5. The trend of social media moved from BBS(only text), blog, Facebook, then Instagran. We found that the easier to create a post, the less the content. Do you think it’s a good phenomenon?

Agenda:
6:45 ~ 7:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
7:00 ~ 7:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:00pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:00 ~ 8:05pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:05 ~ 8:45pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
8:45 ~ 8:55pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:00pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 88548972682
Password: 784362
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yoyo2022-05-meeting
#YoyoEnglishClub
NO ON-SITE MEETING

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
[/quote]
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

Re: 5/31 (Tue.) Let’s have a gaming night! (Host: Jessica)

文章 Rock »

I downloaded it, followed its instruction and found that it was asking me to invite a friend from my contact list to join Be Real. Then I quit.
It'd be too exciting for me, and also for them, to share so much. :lol:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Michael-liu
YOYO member
文章: 708
註冊時間: 週五 4月 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: 5/31 (Tue.) Let’s have a gaming night! (Host: Jessica)

文章 Michael-liu »

The game we played last night was really interesting. It can train our reasoning ability, and it is sort of like IQ test, haha.
回覆文章