7/23(Sat) Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen(Host:Kooper)

回覆文章
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

7/23(Sat) Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen(Host:Kooper)

文章 Kooper »

Earlier this year I began a journey of improving personal productivity.

In May, I used the popular productivity tool Notion as a topic in one YOYO meeting. By doing so, I kind of forced myself into getting the hang of the Notion faster and making better use of it. Two months have passed since then, I've made some notable progress but aren't out of the woods yet; I'm still procrastinating over several important personal projects. Here is the rub: The Notion itself is just a tool; it is how we use it that matters. To be more specific, I need a better framework to follow when tracking things with the Notion.

So here comes the idea of GTD, Getting Things Done. It provides a framework to help us keep track of tasks, ideas and projects. Let's explore it together and hopefully learn something useful from each other at the end of the meeting.

Here is an article in Chinese for those who lack time to watch the video: 什麼是 GTD (Get things Done)?建立一套完善的時間管理系統

Questions for Discussion
Session I:
1. The first vital element of the GTD system is to capture ideas on what we should do, could to, or agreed to do. How do you usually capture ideas and actions that come to you at random moment? (e.g. keep in mind, on a notepad, a sheet of paper, iPhone using Siri) Is it reliable? Do you do it with good discipline?

2. Allen claims that if we capture everything in a trusted system, that will be a load off our mind and will allow us to live in the moment. Do you have similar experiences that support his claim?

3.1 The 2nd element of the GTD is processing (see below picture). Please explain how it work.
3.2 What is your own version of processing sequence? Could you put it into a drawing like below one?

圖檔

Session II:
4. In the GTD system what's the function of reviewing? Why is regular reviewing important to the GTD? Do you have the habit of reviewing your to-do list, 1-year goals, or 3-to-5-years visions on a regular basis?

5. Which part of GTD do you like most and which part do you consider least useful or incomplete?

6. To integrate GTD to our everyday life, what new habits need to be formed? Do you think it hard to change yourself and get into these new habits?

******************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:50 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Small Group Discussion (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:20pm Regrouping & Break
(Session II)
5:20 ~ 6:00pm Small Group Discussion (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm

On-site meeting:
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Online meeting:
Zoom meeting ID: 848 6108 3035
Password: yoyo2022
Link: https://tinyurl.com/yoyo2022-meeting
#YoyoEnglishClub

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for twice (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee.
Kooper
YOYO member
文章: 2728
註冊時間: 週三 4月 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Re: 7/23(Sat) Getting Things Done (GTD) by David Allen(Host:Kooper)

文章 Kooper »

Hi everyone,

Yesterday, I beefed up questions for discussion. Please check them out so that you're preparing for the latest version.

Thanks,
Kooper
回覆文章