Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2164
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

2/21 (Tue.) ChatGPT (Host: Rock)

文章 Rock »

2/21 (Tue.) ChatGPT (Host: Rock)

Rock:
I'm hosting a gathering. We'd like to try ChatGPT and we all have a smart phone. What things can we do to have a fun time?

ChatGPT:
That sounds like a great idea! Here are some fun activities you and your guests can do with ChatGPT using your smartphones:

ChatGPT trivia - You and your guests can take turns asking ChatGPT trivia questions on any topic. The person who answers the most questions correctly wins!

ChatGPT word games - You can play word games with ChatGPT, such as word association or Hangman. To play Hangman, one person thinks of a word, and the other person has to guess the word by suggesting letters one at a time. With each incorrect guess, a part of a stick figure is drawn, representing the "hanging" of the player. The goal is to guess the word before the stick figure is fully drawn.

ChatGPT storytelling - You and your guests can take turns creating a collaborative story with ChatGPT. One person starts the story with a sentence or two, and then the next person adds on to the story with their own sentence. The story continues until you and your guests decide to bring it to a close.

ChatGPT would you rather - You can play the classic "would you rather" game with ChatGPT. One person poses a hypothetical scenario with two options, and the other person has to choose which option they would prefer.

ChatGPT jokes and riddles - You and your guests can take turns telling ChatGPT jokes and riddles. ChatGPT can also provide some jokes and riddles of its own!

I hope these suggestions help you and your guests have a fun and engaging time with ChatGPT!

Session One
1. Please tell chatGPT to write a story containing 5 words of your pick. For example,
"Write a story with the following words: bird, light, violently, dive, pyramid."
Please share the story with us. What do you think about the story? Is it a good writer? Is there any originality and creativity in the story?

2. Please tell chatGPT to write a story in English. Starting from one word, ask it to make the story longer, then longer and longer. You can tell it to make it into several paragraphs if you like. You can modify it or rephrase it if you like. After it's done, tell chatGPT to rewrite the story in Chinese.
How do you like the story? Do you think you can be a writer now? Is there anything surprising?

3. What other things can you do with chatGPT now? Please share with us.

Session Two
4. Is it a good idea for students to use chatGPT? Who else would want to use chatGPT?
5. What other things do you want from a future chatbot? What are some bad features that future chatbots should never have?
5.1 Sex is not a topic for chatGPT now. Do you think it should be banned in other chatbots, too?
5.2 Is it ok for religious or political groups to develop their own version of chatbot? Should they be banned, too?
5.3 What else?
6. Knowledge is power. ChatGPT apparently can be very knowledgable. Do you think that one day, in the future, we would let it lead a company, or a country, or even the world? Why and why not?

Agenda:
7:00 ~ 7:10 pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50 pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10 pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15 pm Regrouping / Taking a 5 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:45 pm Discussion Session (30 mins)
8:45 ~ 8:55 pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:00 pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for three times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1000 lifetime membership fee.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 900
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 2/21 (Tue.) ChatGPT (Host: Rock)

文章 Iris Wu »

For Q3: What other things can you do with chatGPT now?

I've been using it to do quite a few things:
1) Plan my trip in many aspects: Ask ChatGPT to generate a few versions of the itinerary based on my criteria, recommend places to visit, and list a few possible hotels with your preference, like how far away from the train or bus station, etc.

2) Clarify some legal questions: law and legal stuff are complicated. ChatGPT summarized the complex rules and presented them in a more concise way. It saved some effort if what I need is just an overview.

3) Use ChatGPT as an English learning tool, like answering YoYo meeting questions, or activating voice extension on your browser to create scenarios for language learning.

4) The most important is using ChatGPT to train my own reasoning skills and ask better questions: learn to master the so-called prompt engineering.

(To our dear host, I am sorry that I won't be able to attend the meeting due to a prior commitment to a concert tonight.)
Luis Ko
YOYO member
文章: 973
註冊時間: 週三 6月 06, 2007 10:18 pm

文章 Luis Ko »

A BAT AND A BALL COST $1.10 IN TOTAL. THE BAT COSTS $1.00 MORE THAN THE BALL. HOW MUCH DOES THE BALL COST?

it seems ChatGPT couldn't tell the logic of this question. it was as if ChatGPT was not an AI computer but a human being who would sometimes make a mistake, or misunderstand what others say to them. interesting :lol:
i might be a cynic and, a sceptic as well but, i'm definitely not a bad person!!
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2164
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

文章 Rock »

Yeah, they sometimes are stupid. But if you only look at the smart part, it's really impressive.

It's like the Rain man, kind of.
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
回覆文章