回覆文章
頭像
Rock
YOYO member
文章: 2162
註冊時間: 週三 10月 31, 2007 9:03 am

8/26 (Sat.) Dream home (Host: Lory)

文章 Rock »

Hello, this is Lory. I will be the host on Aug. 26 (Sat.) We will talk about home. Do you remember the home where you used to live as a kid? How is your current home? What’s your ideal home? Do you like to live in an apartment or in a house? Welcome to discuss the topic.

Materials
1. What Makes a House a Dream Home?
https://www.aspireluxuryproperties.com/ ... 0of%20calm.

2. What’s your dream home?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7VKkmF5Vg

3. Title: Dream Homes: Where Heart Meets Hearth (Written by chatGPT)
Introduction:
Hey there, ever thought about that perfect dream home? You know, the one that's not just a house but a cozy nest of dreams, style, and everything that screams 'you'? Well, hang tight, because in this article, we're diving into the whole dream home thing, getting cozy with what makes it tick, and why it's not just about the walls.

Body:
1. Where You At?:
Alright, let's start with the location scoop. City buzz, countryside chill, or waves at your doorstep? The place you call home has got to sync with your vibe. Is it close to work, nature, or your favorite hangout spots? Dream homes don't just pop anywhere; they pop where life feels right.
2. Style It Up:
Architectural vibes, folks! Modern chic, old-school classic, or maybe a bit of both? Your dream home's style is like your signature fashion statement. It's like telling the world, "Hey, this is me!" Go crazy with those design choices.
3. Chill Layouts and Funky Designs:
A cozy living room that's as inviting as grandma's hug? Big windows giving the sun a high-five? Yup, we're talking about the layout and design game. Open spaces, light dancing in, and those quirky design bits that make you smile – that's where it's at.
4. Fun Add-Ons:
Hold up, let's add some spice. Gourmet kitchen, spa-like bathroom (who needs a fancy resort?), a home theater for movie nights that rival Hollywood – dream homes come with some awesome extras. And let's not forget being all tech-savvy with smart gizmos that basically run the place
5. Show Off Your You-ness:
It's not just about looks; it's about feels. Got a thing for painting? Design a studio! Love books? Library goals! Your dream home is like a personal gallery of your passions and hobbies. It's not just a house; it's a canvas you paint with your personality.
6. More Than Walls:
Think of your dream home as a big warm hug waiting for you. It's where you recharge, connect, and let your hair down. Family gatherings, parties, or just chill solo moments – it's the place that sets the stage for life's epic moments.
7. Reality Check:
Now, let's keep it real. Building your dream home isn't all rainbows and unicorns. Budget blues, pesky logistics, and making things practical – that's the real-life twist. But hey, where there's a will, there's a way. Creativity can turn dreams into blueprints.

Conclusion:
1. Wrap it all up, and your dream home isn't just a building. It's your slice of the world, a piece of the universe that's all about you. It's where dreams take shape and life unfolds its chapters, one cozy corner at a time.
2. Closing Thought:
"Your dream home? It's like your life's Pinterest board brought to life, a place where comfort, joy, and dreams kick back together.".

Questions
Session 1
1. Where did you live when you were little as you can remember? Describe the place. Who did you live with at that time? Is it a good memory?
2. When you were a kid, have you ever imagined your future home? Does it come true? Is the place where you’re living in better than your thought or not as good as you wished? Why?
3. Do you live in a house or an apartment? Describe it. Location / size / view / facilities
4. What part of your home do you like the most and what the least? Why?
5. Do you plan to live there for a long time? Would you like to move to a different home in the future?
6. Do you prefer to live in a house or an apartment? Why?
7. Describe your ideal/ dream house or apartment. (city / style/ size/ high floor / low floor/ ground floor) What special features it might include? (swimming pool, large windows, views of the sea, huge living room, big kitchen, large yard for bbq….)

Session 2
1. Is it easy to get a good place in Taiwan?
Do you think Taiwanese spend too much money on the place they live?
2. Do you think a living place makes a person different? If you grew up in a different home, would you be different from who you are now?
3. If you’re renovating your home, which part would you put more focus? Living room, kitchen, dining room, bedroom, bathroom….Please list your priority. Why would put them in this order?
3.1 If you want to go economical or your budget is tight, which part of your home would you spend more money on?
4. How important is a home to you in your life? Would you spend most of your income for housing? Do you think a 20 year mortgage is costing your life?

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
3:45 ~ 4:00pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:10 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:00pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
最後由 Rock 於 週五 8月 25, 2023 8:55 am 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 899
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: 8/26 (Sat.) Dream home (Host: Lory)

文章 Iris Wu »

I recall hearing that ChatGPT can be used as a mediation tool. When you are arguing with someone and tensions run high, you know you’re walking on eggshells and don’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers, you can turn to ChatGPT. Provide it with arguments from both sides and let ChatGPT be the judge in picking a winner.

It’s Lory’s meeting, but Rock posted the article. I am wondering if they’re in the midst of "something" (remodeling, decorating their place), and Lory is thinking of doing one way, but Rock wants another, so they are consulting YoYoGPT here? :)
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

I wish we have a YoyoGPT here. But even if we did, I wonder if it can help in any way. :lol:

A possible reason why it's me who posted the article is that someone doesn't care about her identity and only wants to be an affiliated personality so she can avoid the troubles that she doesn't want. Another possible reason is simply that she doesn't know how to do it. I don't know which one she likes better. :roll:
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
頭像
Rock
YOYO member

文章 Rock »

Iris Wu 寫:
週五 8月 25, 2023 12:33 am
I recall hearing that ChatGPT can be used as a mediation tool.
You may try it, but personally I think the bot is quite annoying and would make you more unrestful than peaceful. :?
Iris Wu
YOYO member
文章: 899
註冊時間: 週二 5月 20, 2014 4:33 pm

文章 Iris Wu »

Rock 寫:
週五 8月 25, 2023 8:53 am
You may try it, but personally I think the bot is quite annoying and would make you more unrestful than peaceful. :?
I agree. Sometimes it's annoying, but it's training your prompting skills.

YoYoGPT is much better; it's a transformer, based on a natural gossip processing model. :wink:
頭像
Leon
YOYO member
文章: 256
註冊時間: 週日 5月 30, 2004 9:55 am

文章 Leon »

Iris Wu 寫:
週五 8月 25, 2023 9:45 am
YoYoGPT is much better; it's a transformer, based on a natural gossip processing model. :wink:
Yes, I like the term "natural gossip processing model"
It is not just based on fact and knowledge but also human`s imagnation, emotional bias and projection.
The magic is that it can turn assumption or wishful thinking into fact and do next level processing.
YoYoGPT definitely beat ChatGPT.
When all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
回覆文章