11/28 (Tue.) How to speak out in public? (Host: Jeff)

回覆文章
miller
YOYO member
文章: 99
註冊時間: 週三 5月 09, 2018 6:17 pm

11/28 (Tue.) How to speak out in public? (Host: Jeff)

文章 miller »

Miller had been inviting me as a host constantly though I tried to shun away.
But I realized I could not find any excuse to turn him down this time.
I have learned a lot from the YoYo meetup, a lot of topics are so informed and interesting that makes me want to attend any time if I could.
In YoYo, you have the best opportunity to refine your public speaking skills.
Come to share how you speak out with confidence on coming Tuesday.

Session 1:
1. Most of us find it easy to talk in our group table.
But when it comes to speaking for your group in front of our members, we might be a little bit hesitant.
Why do you feel that?
2. Are you getting nervous while waiting for your turn to speak, why? How do you overcome your nervousness?
3. Try to imagine the first time you spoke on the stage of YoYo meeting, and compare it with what you have done now. Is there any difference?

Session 2:
4. What are your suggestions for the new hands of public speaking?
5. As a listener, what are your expectations of the speakers?
6. We believe public speaking skills can be learned and developed, what are your tips?

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Agenda:
7:00 ~ 7:10 pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
7:10 ~ 7:50 pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
7:50 ~ 8:10 pm Summarization (20 mins)
8:10 ~ 8:15 pm Regrouping / Taking a 5 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
8:15 ~ 8:45 pm Discussion Session (30 mins)
8:45 ~ 8:55 pm Summarization (10 mins)
8:55 ~ 9:00 pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown in the Subject
Meeting Time: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three-minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting after the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate their ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely twice (including on-site and online meetings). After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1,500 (NT$1,000 for students) lifetime membership fee.
miller
YOYO member
文章: 99
註冊時間: 週三 5月 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: 11/28 (Tue.) How to speak out in public? (Host: Jeff)

文章 miller »

Move to the top.
回覆文章