12/19 (Tue.) Art of playing politics.(Host. Carmelo)

回覆文章
carmelo0183
YOYO member
文章: 9
註冊時間: 週一 8月 05, 2019 9:38 pm

12/19 (Tue.) Art of playing politics.(Host. Carmelo)

文章 carmelo0183 »

Session one: Why you suck at politics?

Dear YoYoers.

Here I would like to recommend one of my favorite podcast episode to all of you. It is about “politics”.

We are human beings,politics is inevitably happening around all of us. What is your perspective towards that? I believe it is gonna be an fun and meaningful discussion for us.

Questions:
1. Would you feel politics annoyed?
2. When it comes to politics,what do you think your performance?
3. Did you ever benefits from politics or suffer from it?

Session 2:Prejudice of politics.

According to this podcast,the speaker define politics as: Taking action through or with other people to protect or further your own interest.

And he reiterates a lot of people misunderstands politics as: Being shady,back stabbing,deceitful,dishonest,and taking advantage of other people. This is definitely an interesting point of view to look into.

Questions:
4. Do you think the way of majority of us perceive the politics is biased?
5. Politics could be positive conception,do you agree or not?

..........................................................................................

Agenda:
4:00 ~ 4:10pm Greetings & Free Talk / Ordering Beverage or Meal / Getting Newcomer’s Information
4:10 ~ 4:15pm Opening Remarks / Newcomer’s Self-introduction / Grouping
(Session I)
4:15 ~ 4:50pm Discussion Session (35 mins)
4:50 ~ 5:10pm Summarization (20 mins)
5:10 ~ 5:15pm Regrouping / Instruction Giving / Taking a 10 Minutes Break (Intermission)
(Session II)
5:15 ~ 5:55pm Discussion Session (40 mins)
6:00 ~ 6:20pm Summarization (20 mins)
6:20 ~ 6:30pm Concluding Remarks / Announcements

Meeting Date: As shown on the Subject Line
Meeting Time: 4:10pm – 6:30pm
Meeting Venue: 丹堤咖啡 Dante Coffee (Minimum Order $80)
Address: 台北市濟南路三段25號[MAP]-捷運忠孝新生站3號出口步行3分鐘

Important Notes:
1. We advise participants to print out the discussion questions and bring them to the meeting for reference. As for the supporting articles, feel free to print them out, as well, according to your preference.
2. We suggest that participants read the articles and think about the questions in advance.
3. Newcomers should prepare a two-to-three minute self-introduction in English to deliver when called upon by the host before the start of the discussion. The host may also ask you to give brief feedback about the meeting at the conclusion of the meeting.
4. We conduct the entire meeting in English. All participants should have at least moderate English-conversation skills and be able to articulate your ideas for each discussion question.
5. We welcome newcomers and other guests to attend the meetings and join the discussion freely for two times. After that, we hope you will consider becoming a YoYo English Club member. We charge a NT$1500 lifetime membership fee, or NT$1000 for students.
miller
YOYO member
文章: 99
註冊時間: 週三 5月 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: 12/19 (Tue.) Art of playing politics.(Host. Carmelo)

文章 miller »

Move to the top.
回覆文章